Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m going to take the MYP to Scott’s solar. A lot of members take their cars there. Good customer service and he does a lot of Tesla. Was pretty happy with LR when they did tint
I called a bunch of places in DFW and for front ppf (full hood, bumper, mirrors) ranged anywhere from $1500-$2200. Ceramic Tint also ranged from $550 to $895.
I went with Clear Bra in Argyle, owner is an ex-cop who is super meticulous and OCD in his work; he did a Lexus LX570 for my wife 3 years ago and he was the cheapest for PPF but middle-of-the-road for tinting price-wise. I called Speedshield, Xpel, Frisco Tint and DFW Clear Bra to compare.

Reactions: str8304
In our case, our MYP is shipping from Fremont to Dallas by train and then from Dallas to Austin by truck. I received notice this morning by text from Tesla that shipping delays are affecting are large number of deliveries for Texas.

Has anyone else with confirmed deliveries for Texas for next week heard this as well?

Our confirmed delivery appointment moved from Sep 6 at 10am to Sep 11 at 10am.
I was supposed to pick up yesterday and they pushed it to this Friday for the same reason (in Austin). I think rail/truck is just overloaded as I’ve been getting UPS/FedEx/etc stuff late as well in the past ~2 weeks

Reactions: M-S-M
In our case, our MYP is shipping from Fremont to Dallas by train and then from Dallas to Austin by truck. I received notice this morning by text from Tesla that shipping delays are affecting are large number of deliveries for Texas.

Has anyone else with confirmed deliveries for Texas for next week heard this as well?

Our confirmed delivery appointment moved from Sep 6 at 10am to Sep 11 at 10am.
I called yesterday and they said my car won’t arrive till late Friday night 9/3 to Dallas SC and the reason for 9/7 pickup for the MYP. Haven’t gotten an email or text from advisor

Reactions: M-S-M
I called a bunch of places in DFW and for front ppf (full hood, bumper, mirrors) ranged anywhere from $1500-$2200. Ceramic Tint also ranged from $550 to $895.
I went with Clear Bra in Argyle, owner is an ex-cop who is super meticulous and OCD in his work; he did a Lexus LX570 for my wife 3 years ago and he was the cheapest for PPF but middle-of-the-road for tinting price-wise. I called Speedshield, Xpel, Frisco Tint and DFW Clear Bra to compare.
I’m getting the front clip ppf along with tint of all windows plus windshield and roof for $2249.

I’m getting the front clip ppf along with tint of all windows plus windshield and roof for $2249.
Full front bumper, half hood, front side fenders, mirrors, lights, all 4 door edges, front to back side rocker panels, rear quarter panels Xpel prime+ ppf. All windows, rear glass, windshield, and roof Xpel Ceramic Pro+ Tinting. Paint correction and 5 year ceramic pro coating for entire exterior (paint areas) and wheels. Used one of the very few Xpel corporate locations, as opposed to 3rd party installers, by Dallas Love Field Airport. About $4400 total including tax.

Reactions: str8304
I guess it was too optimistic hoping that I would get at least some update leading up to my EDD range. 2 days away from the beginning and still nothing. No change in 11 days now. No VIN, No blue button. No text, No email. Not even a telegram. Still holding steady at 9/4-9/22.

I guess it was too optimistic hoping that I would get at least some update leading up to my EDD range. 2 days away from the beginning and still nothing. No change in 11 days now. No VIN, No blue button. No text, No email. Not even a telegram. Still holding steady at 9/4-9/22.

Look out of the window, they may be using smoke signals?

emailed my SA - not much other info...

Me: "ok man, getting anxious. 7 days out from my earliest EDD and still nothing. the current EDD is 9/9 - 9/27. any thoughts on when i should get a VIN?"

SA: "I don't have any new information for you yet, but don't be anxious. Keep in mind that the dates given are estimates. The vehicle may be about to be built, but we don't have insight to that. I'm keeping a close eye on it."

Me: "ok man, getting anxious. 7 days out from my earliest EDD and still nothing. the current EDD is 9/9 - 9/27. any thoughts on when i should get a VIN?"

SA: "I don't have any new information for you yet, but don't be anxious. Keep in mind that the dates given are estimates. The vehicle may be about to be built, but we don't have insight to that. I'm keeping a close eye on it."
Very cool that you actually get replies.

So DCU says they can only provide a verbal offer of 1.49 for 65 months if i decide to have ALL of my salary deposited with them and share the MVPA. Not sure if worth the hassle.. did you guys have a better luck and I just happened to run into a difficult rep?

"about to be built"

I don't know whether to say 🤣 🤣 or wtf?

Reactions: whitehartdave
I finally got around to calling Tesla sales to deal with my expired finance agreement (thanks to those on here who pointed out that’s a thing as the Tesla account page doesn’t mention it).
The rep on the phone at first thought it would have told me if it had expired but said he’d check my account and discovered that yes it had expired back on the 24th and was amazed the account page doesn’t tell us that. He resubmitted it and when I asked if the account page would say anything re if it had actually been done he, like me, lost all confidence in their system and suggested I call back the same time tomorrow.
But 5 mins later I got an email from Tesla saying I had an agreement to approve which I did (my session had been kicked out so I had to log back in) and I just clicked approve and so far my EDD shows the same.
I asked the guy if this week or so of expired finance would affect my delivery in any way and he said no, but then he also said the account would tell me my finance agreement had expired but it didn’t so… may as well ask a magic 8 ball.

Reactions: chand
I finally got around to calling Tesla sales to deal with my expired finance agreement (thanks to those on here who pointed out that’s a thing as the Tesla account page doesn’t mention it).
The rep on the phone at first thought it would have told me if it had expired but said he’d check my account and discovered that yes it had expired back on the 24th and was amazed the account page doesn’t tell us that. He resubmitted it and when I asked if the account page would say anything re if it had actually been done he, like me, lost all confidence in their system and suggested I call back the same time tomorrow.
But 5 mins later I got an email from Tesla saying I had an agreement to approve which I did (my session had been kicked out so I had to log back in) and I just clicked approve and so far my EDD shows the same.
I asked the guy if this week or so of expired finance would affect my delivery in any way and he said no, but then he also said the account would tell me my finance agreement had expired but it didn’t so… may as well ask a magic 8 ball.
Did the same and while bringing it back up, they defaulted the rate back to 2.49. I had got it rate matched to 2.29 (Bank of America) earlier.

Did the same and while bringing it back up, they defaulted the rate back to 2.49. I had got it rate matched to 2.29 (Bank of America) earlier.
Oh that’s not good! In fact that borders on sneaky!

My rate was always 2.49 through US Bank but I never bothered shopping it around. It’s only 36mos and I’ll actually pay it off within 6 so I wasn’t too worried about the rate.

I was scheduled to pick up my white MYP on 8/29 but it got delayed due to a temporary tag processing issue at first and now again due to cosmetic issues such as scratches. New ETA is end of next week! They also won't fix the yellowish rear bumper because it's within "spec". Not sure how that's acceptable. I'm probably going to refuse delivery and re-order in a different color. Not looking forward to waiting weeks again.