Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And delivery scheduled, 9/17 2pm North Park Center!! Whoo Hoo!!!
My arrival and home delivery dates were 9/4 and 9/7. I was then told the dates were moved to 9/7 and 9/9. I just got a call from the delivery team saying my car is ready and they can deliver now if i want. I confirmed that I don't need to be there and they're going to drop it off now. I'm saying this because I was confused on the details of the home delivery.

My arrival and home delivery dates were 9/4 and 9/7. I was then told the dates were moved to 9/7 and 9/9. I just got a call from the delivery team saying my car is ready and they can deliver now if i want. I confirmed that I don't need to be there and they're going to drop it off now. I'm saying this because I was confused on the details of the home delivery.
I'll certainly come to Dallas and pick it up if it gets in early for sure. Anything after the 19th though and it will have to sit there for a week and miss out on our planned road-trip!

I'll certainly come to Dallas and pick it up if it gets in early for sure. Anything after the 19th though and it will have to sit there for a week and miss out on our planned road-trip!
I was told by a friend who got his early to call them and verify my pickup to se if they would offer to deliver. I couldn't be home to meet anyone if I had to, so I was going to just wait. Calling them may get it to you in time.

I was told by a friend who got his early to call them and verify my pickup to se if they would offer to deliver. I couldn't be home to meet anyone if I had to, so I was going to just wait. Calling them may get it to you in time.
That is almost what I did. They actually texted me about the insurance this morning and I started a conversation (they actually replied) telling them my woes about the upcoming trip. They asked if the 17th at 2pm would work for me and I said YES!! Next thing I know, it was scheduled.

Reactions: LoneStarEve
No change. No VIN. Feeling a bit like Pablo Escobar with all the VINs handed out yesterday and this morning.
1631105708378.jpeg

Thanks - given that you are a week ahead of us, what are the next steps? Should I call my Farmers insurance and get this vin added (Starting edd start date?) or call sa and ask for a firm delivery date before adding insurance. I will most likely skip dcu as is too much of a hassle.
I added to my insurance (Geico) with a start date of the earliest EDD. I can change it whenever I want so no big deal. I figured it’s better to pay a few $ more in unneeded early insurance than make life difficult closer to the day…

EDIT:
On a side note, the insurance on this sub $55k Tesla is the same as my previous vehicle, a $75k+ Land Rover which had an expensive to repair aluminum body and eye watering parts prices. This would be quite the shock for someone moving from say a $50k Ford Explorer as it would be a massive jump vs what they’re used to…

That said, once I have the vehicle I’ll shop the insurance around anyway.

Last edited: