Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks - given that you are a week ahead of us, what are the next steps? Should I call my Farmers insurance and get this vin added (Starting edd start date?) or call sa and ask for a firm delivery date before adding insurance. I will most likely skip dcu as is too much of a hassle.
Yes, I called my insurance first thing yesterday morning since Monday was a holiday. They added it as of the 10th, but that can be adjusted. You have to upload a copy of the insurance card with the tesla vin on it. The email I had said to do that to "prioritize my delivery". Not sure if that is true or not. It was shortly after that I got the text and through that connection they gave me an actual delivery appointment.

I had heard a few horror stories about the electronic payment so what I did was transfer the funds into a savings account that I usually keep about $100 in and then made the payment from there. If they try and pull it twice for whatever reason, I won't be hurt and they won't get anything the second time. Probably won't be a problem, but I have heard of a few glitches now and then where people's accounts were hit more than once. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

I added to my insurance (Geico) with a start date of the earliest EDD. I can change it whenever I want so no big deal. I figured it’s better to pay a few $ more in unneeded early insurance than make life difficult closer to the day…

EDIT:
On a side note, the insurance on this sub $55k Tesla is the same as my previous vehicle, a $75k+ Land Rover which had an expensive to repair aluminum body and eye watering parts prices. This would be quite the shock for someone moving from say a $50k Ford Explorer as it would be a massive jump vs what they’re used to…

That said, once I have the vehicle I’ll shop the insurance around anyway.
Added insurance. Wasn’t there an 888 number to call and get more details on scheduling delivery. Don’t really have an SA who responds

Yes, I called my insurance first thing yesterday morning since Monday was a holiday. They added it as of the 10th, but that can be adjusted. You have to upload a copy of the insurance card with the tesla vin on it. The email I had said to do that to "prioritize my delivery". Not sure if that is true or not. It was shortly after that I got the text and through that connection they gave me an actual delivery appointment.

I had heard a few horror stories about the electronic payment so what I did was transfer the funds into a savings account that I usually keep about $100 in and then made the payment from there. If they try and pull it twice for whatever reason, I won't be hurt and they won't get anything the second time. Probably won't be a problem, but I have heard of a few glitches now and then where people's accounts were hit more than once. Better to be safe than sorry. :)
Can one not just do a cashiers check. Why have a pull from savings account as opposed to this.

Never got an email 😊 - just saw vin on account and that’s the reason for so many questions. I did upload insurance and waiting now.

Can one not just do a cashiers check. Why have a pull from savings account as opposed to this.
I've been told when I talked to them in the past that they use the ACH method and don't take checks. I have heard other people show up and pay with a personal check, so I don't know what the actual rule is. At this point, the ACH from the savings account was pretty painless.

I've been told when I talked to them in the past that they use the ACH method and don't take checks. I have heard other people show up and pay with a personal check, so I don't know what the actual rule is. At this point, the ACH from the savings account was pretty painless.
Texas regulation does not allow Tesla to take payment at delivery whether that is a personal or cashiers/certified check.