Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Too bad I'll be out of town tomorrow or I could have gone over there early, pretended to be your SA and said "I'm afraid there's been a problem . . ." 😈

If this is your first time to North Park, you might consider getting there a little early and taking some time to wonder around. It's not bad for a shopping center and has lots of artwork, sculptures and floral arrangements on display

Hope it all works out for you
Thanks. If we have time we'll check it out. Sounds pretty cool, but we'll likely be heading right back to overton getting ready for our big road trip adventure that starts Monday.

Taking the tesla on the Natchez Trace parkway for a break in run and then over to Chattanooga and then Greenville SC before heading back home. Nice little week long trip to bond. 😀

I wish; would be so lucky, but after @EVer Hopeful's EDD moved out of Q3 and no news from @whitehartdave, sadly I am not betting on it.

I wish your delivery goes smoothly and you have a wonderful road trip.
Buddy, really wish you have a VIN soon. Hang in there - it’ll be this quarter, have a feeling early next week you’ll have the good news👍

Reactions: chand and MSHampton
VINs come and cars do get delivered! I liked it when people came back with pic updates, so here’s my last one in the thread. Just picked the car up today from having the following done:
  • PPF — full front including a-pillars, side doors just below the body line down and the rear hatch lip and bumper (luggage area)
  • Window tint — Formula One Stratos 30% on all windows except the front windshield and the roof. Makes the rear doors and lift gate windows nice and private, but not so dark that it‘s difficult to see out in the dark.
  • Front windshield — Air90 (no tint, but UV/IR protection) and C-bond windshield strengthener as the car will see a lot of freeway miles
  • Ceramic coating
  • Tesla logos and the Dual Motor badges all painted black
May the VIN and delivery gods be kind to all those anxiously waiting!

1631828928808.jpeg

1631828958085.jpeg

1631829001528.jpeg

1631829041392.jpeg

VINs come and cars do get delivered! I liked it when people came back with pic updates, so here’s my last one in the thread. Just picked the car up today from having the following done:
  • PPF — full front including a-pillars, side doors just below the body line down and the rear hatch lip and bumper (luggage area)
  • Window tint — Formula One Stratos 30% on all windows except the front windshield and the roof. Makes the rear doors and lift gate windows nice and private, but not so dark that it‘s difficult to see out in the dark.
  • Front windshield — Air90 (no tint, but UV/IR protection) and C-bond windshield strengthener as the car will see a lot of freeway miles
  • Ceramic coating

View attachment 710257
View attachment 710264
View attachment 710267
View attachment 710268
Very nice, and congratulations!

M-S-M: Man that car looks great! I have ordered and I’m looking for a February or later delivery. Same color scheme as yours except for the performance wheels. May I ask where you got your PPF and window tinting done and what the cost was? Also what is the air 90 you had put on your windshield; I’ve never heard of that. Any help is appreciated; thank you and enjoy that sweet ride!

After some venting and reshuffling of finances I decided to wait until 2022 and proceeded to cancel my order, which I did this past Sunday. My SA said he could have put it on hold, but not for that long. I should have listened to him but just didn’t believe that anything would change.
Fast forward to yesterday and my “wait til next year” situation changed, tried to get my order reinstated and was denied twice - only 4 days after canceling... Now I have to place a new order with a February EDD and the deposit has gone up to $250 from $100. I’m kicking myself and may just move on to an X5 or something else. This stress is not good for me and I can’t handle the craziness and lack of customer service. Then to rub salt in the wound, a brand new black MYLR drove down my street the other day and parked a few houses down so now I’m late to the game in the ‘hood. I give up.

• Ceramic coating

View attachment 710257
View attachment 710264
View attachment 710267
View attachment 710268
Looks really good man, congrats

Since the front license plate is required in Texas, do we need to buy the front license plate holder as an accessory or does it come with the car by default? I don't see them in the pictures posted here.
Does not come with a front license plate mount - you have to order an aftermarket version. We discussed earlier in this thread. It’s required but everyone has had different experiences with the law regarding having the front plate or not.

After some venting and reshuffling of finances I decided to wait until 2022 and proceeded to cancel my order, which I did this past Sunday. My SA said he could have put it on hold, but not for that long. I should have listened to him but just didn’t believe that anything would change.
Fast forward to yesterday and my “wait til next year” situation changed, tried to get my order reinstated and was denied twice - only 4 days after canceling... Now I have to place a new order with a February EDD and the deposit has gone up to $250 from $100. I’m kicking myself and may just move on to an X5 or something else. This stress is not good for me and I can’t handle the craziness and lack of customer service. Then to rub salt in the wound, a brand new black MYLR drove down my street the other day and parked a few houses down so now I’m late to the game in the ‘hood. I give up.
Sorry to know that you got to cancel your order. Do not lose hope. You can still try for an inventory car by holding in line and cancel the order once you find an inventory vehicle of your choice. Hope you find the car you are looking for.

Reactions: whitehartdave