Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@LoneStarEve what mode of payment did you finally select ?
The only option it gave me was Plaid.
So I moved the money to a spare low balance account, changed my password to a temporary one, logged in on Plaid, did the transfer, once it went through changed the password back.
However I need to double check how they are taking the monthly payment as it looks like it might be with Plaid as they didn’t ask for anything else, unless they just used Plaid to grab the account details. I’m not sure. But the password was my main concern. And the account used was a low balance one to avoid screw ups…

Last edited:
Reactions: chand and MSHampton
The only option it gave me was Plaid.
So I moved the money to a spare low balance account, changed my password to a temporary one, logged in on Plaid, did the transfer, once it went through changed the password back.
However I need to double check how they are taking the monthly payment as it looks like it might be with Plaid as they didn’t ask for anything else, unless they just used Plaid to grab the account details. I’m not sure. But the password was my main concern. And the account used was a low balance one to avoid screw ups…
If you change password, will that too not be conveyed to plaid? That’s the impression i got.

We've yet to receive the required paperwork from Tesla to go pay Texas sales tax and take care of the registration. How long does this typically take? Is there any way to do this without the packet from Tesla? We were only in town for delivery and I want to take care of the taxes and permanent registration before we leave as when we get back (Nov) the temporary registration will be long expired.

We've yet to receive the required paperwork from Tesla to go pay Texas sales tax and take care of the registration. How long does this typically take? Is there any way to do this without the packet from Tesla? We were only in town for delivery and I want to take care of the taxes and permanent registration before we leave as when we get back (Nov) the temporary registration will be long expired.
For my M3SR+ (took delivery 8/21) it took 2 weeks to get the paperwork. I set up an appointment with my local tax office, got the plates the same day.

Reactions: M-S-M
VINs come and cars do get delivered! I liked it when people came back with pic updates, so here’s my last one in the thread. Just picked the car up today from having the following done:
  • PPF — full front including a-pillars, side doors just below the body line down and the rear hatch lip and bumper (luggage area)
  • Window tint — Formula One Stratos 30% on all windows except the front windshield and the roof. Makes the rear doors and lift gate windows nice and private, but not so dark that it‘s difficult to see out in the dark.
  • Front windshield — Air90 (no tint, but UV/IR protection) and C-bond windshield strengthener as the car will see a lot of freeway miles
  • Ceramic coating
  • Tesla logos and the Dual Motor badges all painted black
May the VIN and delivery gods be kind to all those anxiously waiting!

View attachment 710257
View attachment 710264
View attachment 710267
View attachment 710268
Lovely

View attachment 711525
Delivery day and mine was sitting between the two red ones…
Did a thorough examination and found everything perfect aside from the rear tailgate which meets the roofline maybe 1/8” low on the drivers side vs being perfect on the passenger side. You can feel it running your finger over the root line and it drops down onto the tailgate. Certainly not cause to refuse delivery and frankly I may not even bother getting them to correct it it’s so minor. But that was all I could find fault with.
On the short drive home I noticed that autopilot wouldn’t engage but I think I read somewhere that that is normal until the cameras have calibrated or something? I find it a bit weird that the rear passenger side quarter keeps flashing yellow proximity warnings while driving but maybe that was because I was in the right hand lane and it was detecting fire hydrants and stuff? I have an hours drive to the PPF place tomorrow so I’ll have more time to play with it then.

Extremely happy to have it at last and looking forward to testing my home charger tonight.
So far the only thing I’m missing from my Land Rover is the air suspension as this doesn’t glide over the rough roads like that used to. But everything else is as good as if not better at least on my short run.

The car had the latest software and 67% charge when I picked it up for anyone who may have a long trip home from pickup…
Awesome congratulations

Reactions: LoneStarEve
I have a pickup of inventory car this weekend at North Park Center. Those who took delivery already, can you please advise if I can handover the DCU check to the advisor directly over there? Saw in this thread that its agains Texas rule to handover the check. How can I make sure I pay them after I take a quick look at the car?

@MSHampton

I have the pickup at the same place this weekend and have few questions:
1) You mentioned you went inside to figure out which car was yours, is it inside of a Tesla store? Where exactly can we go if we cannot figure which is our car in the parking lot?
2) I am planning to handover the DCU check after taking a quick look at the car, will that be possible? Will there be anyone to whom we can handover the check?

Thanks,
Delivery Day!!

I picked up at North Park mall in the parking garage next to Macy's.

We showed up. The text said it would be parked next to the chargers. Sure enough there were 2 midnight sliver model Ys parked there. We parked and started to walk over to them to see which was mine, when they both pulled out and left!!! What!?!? No other MSM Ys to be seen there. I check my phone, says it is ready for pickup. Okay then. We go inside (so much for touchless delivery) and have a chat with one of the guys there. He looked and said it was there, then said that it is on the far wall away from the chargers. Okay then. We go back down and sure enough, there it is!

Since it was a 120 mile trip to get home there were a few things I wanted to get done before hitting the road. 1) Install the set of mud flaps. 2) Install the screen protector. 3) Connect phone to bluetooth.

1) I got started on the mud flags. 1-3 were a piece of cake. The last one in the rear gave me fits. The rear ones attach with a bolt at the bottom. That bolt just would not come off. It would spin, but it would not come off. I figure 3 are better than none so I leave it for later. 2 and 3 were without issue.

Panel gaps were all great. Car looked great. No issues to be seen. Spend a few minutes familiarizing myself with everything in real life rather than all the youtube videos I've watched, and we're off. Now we get to leave in Dallas traffic at 3:30pm on a Friday. This is going to be fun. Traffic was one of the main reasons we moved to the country to begin with.

Seemed like it took for ever for the car to calibrate the cameras, but by the time we hit Terrell, autopilot was ready to rock and roll! Made it almost all the way back to Overton without issue, and only one case of "phantom breaking" where there were heavy shadows on the road.

I did notice that the software is version 2021.11.103, and I think I'll let it stay there until we complete our trip next week. No need to throw in any more variables into the mix. So, here are a few pics I took with my phone once we got back to the farm!

Good luck to all. Hope your VINs and delivery dates come soon. Mine took 95 days from order to delivery.

View attachment 710832

View attachment 710833

@MSHampton

I have the pickup at the same place this weekend and have few questions:
1) You mentioned you went inside to figure out which car was yours, is it inside of a Tesla store? Where exactly can we go if we cannot figure which is our car in the parking lot?
2) I am planning to handover the DCU check after taking a quick look at the car, will that be possible? Will there be anyone to whom we can handover the check?

Thanks,
I picked up at Plano location and spoke with Tesla prior to pickup day. There was no option to hand over the check after inspecting the car. The payment had to be made day prior to delivery otherwise they said they would reallocate the car to the next match.

I have a pickup of inventory car this weekend at North Park Center. Those who took delivery already, can you please advise if I can handover the DCU check to the advisor directly over there? Saw in this thread that its agains Texas rule to handover the check. How can I make sure I pay them after I take a quick look at the car?
I was told by Tesla that no payment in any form could be made at delivery. Technically, even the ACH transfer cannot be done "at pickup" but only before.

Reactions: sravs448