Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North Texas waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**Cue Whitesnake video** Here we go again on our own….

New order placed today 9.21.21 - same details. EDD showing March 2022. Trying not to kick my own a$$ for canceling my original order as I could have it by now - but yet here I am. I just keep telling myself “it’s fine, everything is fine…”
No worries... by then we will know more about the EV Tax credit

Random EDD check puts my EDD back in Q3.
OLD 10/3-10/23, NEW 9/28-9/30.

That's right, kicked out , pulled back in and 2 days window with no VIN, well, child in me believes it but I think they mean September 2022 :mad:
@EVer Hopeful how is your EDD looking ?

Ordered MYLR on Sept. 3
Silver/black
19"
5 seats
FSD/no tow

Most importantly, no EDD yet
As someone replied to you I think we’re in for a long waiting game before we even get an EDD. My buddy ordered the last week of Sept. He got a date soon after ordering. Then in two weeks it changed twice, and now it’s removed.
I ordered 9/17 and I’ve never seen a delivery date. I suspect I’ll be April at this rate.

As someone replied to you I think we’re in for a long waiting game before we even get an EDD. My buddy ordered the last week of Sept. He got a date soon after ordering. Then in two weeks it changed twice, and now it’s removed.
I ordered 9/17 and I’ve never seen a delivery date. I suspect I’ll be April at this rate.
Let’s just hope Austin comes online soon 🤞🏼

Reactions: whitehartdave
Have to share what happened today. So I've been checking Tesla Inventory like a mad man and a White MYP popped up in Austin for 60k - diff color and model than I ordered but a great price so I jumped on it. Got in touch with the Northpark store and as she was assigning the VIN to my account it was gone! Literally seconds away from getting my hands on it next week. The demand for these cars is literally insane. Oh, and she also said definitely February or March for a custom order MYLR.

She also mentioned there are a couple of MYP models in Dallas, demo cars I believe, but available if anyone is interested in going after those. I think one was White on White, and the other Black on White.

Reactions: chand and Maliks
Have to share what happened today. So I've been checking Tesla Inventory like a mad man and a White MYP popped up in Austin for 60k - diff color and model than I ordered but a great price so I jumped on it. Got in touch with the Northpark store and as she was assigning the VIN to my account it was gone! Literally seconds away from getting my hands on it next week. The demand for these cars is literally insane. Oh, and she also said definitely February or March for a custom order MYLR.

She also mentioned there are a couple of MYP models in Dallas, demo cars I believe, but available if anyone is interested in going after those. I think one was White on White, and the other Black on White.
What was the number you tried for reaching Northpark store, I am trying to call "Gallery & Service (214) 736-0587" but no one is answering

Are these rear hatch gaps on left vs righ side normal or warrant a service request before it’s too late. Where the white meets the black in first 2 pics (horizontal line)

Attachments

• 757C1EC8-9136-4606-B741-D331C246FEE9.jpeg
    757C1EC8-9136-4606-B741-D331C246FEE9.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 88
  • FA3C3504-13BD-4FB8-892B-9076616343B9.jpeg
    FA3C3504-13BD-4FB8-892B-9076616343B9.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 38
  • 0A498446-7666-4C12-976A-BB46910BB9E6.jpeg
    0A498446-7666-4C12-976A-BB46910BB9E6.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 34
  • 62CEDD29-0F29-4B00-90A5-AD14B457064B.jpeg
    62CEDD29-0F29-4B00-90A5-AD14B457064B.jpeg
    376.5 KB · Views: 37
the left side of the hatch where it meets the roof is not quite flush on mine however the right is ok.
I took a look at 2 other cars parked either side of mine when I picked it up and one had the exact same alignment issue as mine whereas the other was perfect. I decided it wasn’t serious enough to have some tech mess with it and possibly make it worse on one side or the other and maybe scratch stuff up.
I also asked my PPF installer what he thought and he said it was common and overall the car was above average based on what he’d seen. He said (without prompting) that he wouldn’t have them mess with it so that lined up with the decision I’d already made…

It looks like there is a relatively new approach/option for paying taxes, registering and getting plates that Tesla is using in Texas called The Title Girl.

I just received a FedEx from Tesla today with:
  • Register your Tesla info card from the Tesla on how to use The Title Girl to register our new Tesla
  • All the documents needed for registration including:
    • bill of sale
    • manufacturer's certificate of origin or title
    • application for Texas title / Form 130-U (already completed)
    • odometer disclosure statement / Form VTR-40
Started the online process today. This is so much better than what I read others have experienced. Glad to see this option is in place for Texas now.

• Informative
Reactions: chand
Are these rear hatch gaps on left vs righ side normal or warrant a service request before it’s too late. Where the white meets the black in first 2 pics (horizontal line)
Went ahead with service appointment as recommended by SA. They checked and determined it was within the tolerance levels set by Tesla but they could try to make it better. About 75% sure it’ll get better but a chance that it may get worse elsewhere cause they’ll have to align at multiple places. Determined it was best to leave it as is. They “undid” the service appointment and gave me another appointment a month out to give me time to think about it. While I did appreciate them not pushing for leaving it as it is, it did not help that they kept saying they could likely improve it and when I thought of dropping it off for work, they said there is an off chance that it may get scratched. At least, I have a month to live with this dilemma lol.

Went ahead with service appointment as recommended by SA. They checked and determined it was within the tolerance levels set by Tesla but they could try to make it better. About 75% sure it’ll get better but a chance that it may get worse elsewhere cause they’ll have to align at multiple places. Determined it was best to leave it as is. They “undid” the service appointment and gave me another appointment a month out to give me time to think about it. While I did appreciate them not pushing for leaving it as it is, it did not help that they kept saying they could likely improve it and when I thought of dropping it off for work, they said there is an off chance that it may get scratched. At least, I have a month to live with this dilemma lol.
Interesting they were so honest because that is my experience of body shop work and some research has shown that it does sometimes happen that something else goes out of line or something gets scratched so I also decided to leave mine alone. No-one who has looked at the car, even those who know Tesla’s have a bad rep and decided to check it themselves didn’t actually notice it as you don’t at a glance, it’s only because we look so closely when we pick them up because we were told to check…
If you do decide to go ahead and have them try and correct it I’ll be interested in your experience but so far I’m having them leave mine well alone.
On a side note I do have a mobile tech coming on Thursday to fit my homelink…