Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not enough buyers for the LR Model 3's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some of you are ****ing hilarious - going on and on about how the M3 doesn't deserve to be made yet, shouldn't have certain materials. THE CAR WAS DESIGNED FOR THE 35K PRICE POINT. They had two different presentations on it

I'm tired of people shitting on the basic model - you seem too uppity, like it is *sugar* or something. The only reason Tesla isn't producing it now is because they want to be cash flow positive and not have to go to the markets - THAT'S IT.

As far as I'm concerned, you don't work there and make the decisions - the official website says 4-7 months depending on your reservation place etc....THEY'RE GOING TO ****ING MAKE THE CAR SOON.

So get off you high horse because if they relied on the market already, the SR would be out in public.

I've read this entire thread and I see very little evidence that people are, as you claim, "shitting on the basic model" or even on a high horse. Most are just stating facts about demand for the various models and Tesla's own plans.

I've read this entire thread and I see very little evidence that people are, as you claim, "shitting on the basic model" or even on a high horse. Most are just stating facts about demand for the various models and Tesla's own plans.
Fact, I hope they bring it out soon. I finally convinced my parents to get one, but they don’t need all the fancy technology.

"speculation that the market is softening for the Model 3 in any variation is just total hype."

Not "hype" ...... just commenting on what little we know and what has been written on this thread.
It was said earlier: "If Tesla is now able to consistently deliver an LR RWD in under 30 days I would say that's a decent indicator that they have caught up with demand."

There are two big unknowns, at least in my mind.
1) Is Tesla delivering low VIN (38xxx as has been recently reported, when they have assembled over 100xxx) Is that true?? Don't know, but it would suggest to me that there are LR, non D3P vehicles sitting around.
2) it has been reported there are storage lots of parked M3's around Fremont. True?? Don't know. I've asked and have seen no response.

I'm just suspicious that since the introduction of the D3P ..... that is what everyone wants ..... and Tesla just assembled 5000 per week of the non-D3P.

For every anecdote of LR RWD getting delivered in one week - in the west cost - there are 3 people waiting patiently in the rest of the US. So don't get carried away because some folks in west coast can get it immediately.

The real story is, Tesla is having difficulty getting the logistics right to ship the M3 across to other states, so instead of just sitting and waiting to get shipped, they are selling to anyone in west coast, specifically in and around Fremont. So most of the, I got it in one week, stories are in CA and WA.

So it might be true, LR AWS demand is caught up in CA.

Why is there even concern over demand for the RWD version?

If you want something better for rain/snow you get the AWD
If you want something faster than you get the AWD
If you want to save money you can potentially get the RWD, but you're not really saving that much money.
AWD supposedly has the ability to drive even when one motor has failed. Note: I haven't seen actual proof of that in action.

I'm sure Tesla can quickly adapt production, and they have enough "levers" that they can remove any excess inventory fairly quickly. Might be why they keep messing with pricing.

What's really remarkable is the demand for the P version. All those suckers who spent $10K for a SW toggle.

Disclaimer: I'm one of those suckers.

As long as there is full disclosure, which there is, then it's perfectly legal.
Agreed and makes sense.

As long as you disclose you are a short, then that automatically gives you the right to lie, deceive, cheat, spread rumors and benefit from that. It is not the shorters fault, that the act of shorting sometimes puts you in desperation, and that naturally brings the most despicable low life scummy behavior, that preys on the naive and stupid. After all they need to make a living too.

The less sophisticated ones write in Seeking Lies, like our own beachbum or TMC like FireBirdAlpha. The smarter ones collaborate with Dana Hull, Lora K and team and peddle their lies as a ‘news items’ in "respected" channels like Bloomberg and Business Insider.

So you don’t have to disclose you are lying and deceiving. You just have to disclose you are a short. They are both one and the same. If you don't believe me, go look up Websters dictionary the meaning for 'Shorting'.

And I will give you some more insight into the science of this legal behavior.

Shorts don't work alone. They work in packs. One writes a note, wondering if a criminal suit has been filed by DoJ?. The other references that article but this times write it as a fact that Musk is under criminal investigation. And then the pack joins and starts wondering if Musk will get 5 years or 10, and if he will join Skilling or Madoff.

Also why does one write in Seeking Lies, when no one takes that outlet seriously? Lying in Seeking Lies or Twitter does not directly benefit and does not move markets. But it helps to raise the profile of a lying short with other similar minded cheaters, so that they can collaborate with each other with larger hit pieces.

Last edited:
I'm really surprised that doing this kind of thing isn't illegal. Apparently it's perfectly find to spread FUD.

In many countries IT IS ILLEGAL. A guy I worked with during the 2008 stock market implosion told me that the US government was going to make Short Selling illegal. But, I guess due to the close ties between Wall Street and Washington DC it never happened. IMO, the Internet has given short sellers a weapon they never imagined 25 years ago, the ability to post your "opinion" on dozens of websites, totally unverified or edited, as long as you post your short position as a footnote. Its like a FUD free-for-all.

I understand Tesla needs to make money, but they got greedy and pwned themselves, they overestimated the number of people who would say "What? No $35K model 3 for a year or more? Okay, here, take another $14,000 off of me".

So they need to swap the leather seats for fabric, knock $3K off the price, and move them fast!

And for those of us, and more specifically ME, who went in with the extra $14K, and also proved that the Phone-as-a-key thing is a POS? I want FREE Model 3 key fobs for my extra expense and research.

Attachments

• Wharrgarbl.jpg
    Wharrgarbl.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Road Jump.jpg
    Road Jump.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: adaptabl
Some of you will always refuse to believe anything from seeking alpha or anything negative about tesla..

But let’s see: how many of you 6 months ago would have seen coming the fact that
1/ there would be a ton of unsold RWD inventory by now
2/ tesla would offer 1 year free supercharging to sell those cars

No one.

Some of you will always refuse to believe anything from seeking alpha or anything negative about tesla..

But let’s see: how many of you 6 months ago would have seen coming the fact that
1/ there would be a ton of unsold RWD inventory by now
2/ tesla would offer 1 year free supercharging to sell those cars

No one.

Worldwide RWD market

Q3 - Window dressing

It’s not big falcon rocket science FFS.