Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to a Tesla rep on the phone today. He said MIT Ys would be available to order within the month. Current orders would be given an option to switch to MIT Y. All MIT Ys will be standard range with the 4680 battery pack. He said a lot of the MIT Ys you see in pictures have minor issues with them and the build process is still being refined.

As a data point - finally got tired of waiting and upgraded to MYP (at November prices). EDD stayed the same 5/7 -6/4 😪
I ordered MYLR in Nov too but the EDD moved to Oct22-Jan23. I upgraded to MYP on 4/2 and the current EDD is July-Aug. My understanding is that after you upgrade it is considered as a new order and your MYLR OD is not valid. But MYP lead times are faster than MYLR so you will have the car sooner than MYLR. This is just my guess, may not be true for everyone. Last few days, I have seen TX people getting their VINs. So your current EDD might stay as it is or you might get bumped to the bottom of MYP line (still faster than MYLR)

Reactions: Aggie_Aloha
They are prioritizing FSD. The more money they can make from one transaction. Bumps your order up. Several people have added it and it has immediately moved there order up. Or gave them a vin. Within a week or so.

Ordered 6/1/21, profile complete 11/1/21, MYLR/midnight silver/black interior/no other upgrades. Date keeps getting pushed out, this morning pushed again to July31-Sept11. Is this real?
Hard to say. I’ve had pushes as late as July that came back to normalish in a few days.

The data point on here suggest that there’s a batch of MSM coming in May and folks with 20” wheels look like we all have similar windows. Perhaps no upgrades for you pushed back to the next batch of MSM and upgrading something might help?

Ordered 6/1/21, profile complete 11/1/21, MYLR/midnight silver/black interior/no other upgrades. Date keeps getting pushed out, this morning pushed again to July31-Sept11. Is this real?

You can always check in with your SA just to make sure all your ducks are in a row but for now there seems to be an ongoing de-prioritization of vanilla MYLR builds. At some point they need to correct it or drop the purchase option.