Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Number Of Identified Tesla Model 3 Orders In Europe Close To 20,000

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Almost 2/3 of the Model 3 were ordered in Norway, the Netherlands and Germany

The voluntary dataset of Tesla Model 3 orders placed in Europe currently indicates over 19,300 (as of January 31, 2019), which is roughly 5,500 more than a month earlier.

As not all customers were willing to add their order to the list, and only top of the line versions are available, we can safely bet that more than 20,000 people are waiting for their cars.

The latest data shows also that the number of orders increased in all major markets. Norway’s share – with over 5,100 – decreased from one third to more than one fourth. On the other hand, the Netherlands went up from less than 8% to 20% and becomes the second biggest market (over 3,800) according to the data.

So far, the best selling models in Europe (Nissan LEAF, Renault ZOE) had around 40,000 sales in 2018, so the Tesla Model 3 has a big chance to become #1 this year.

Tesla Model 3 orders in Europe – February 5, 2019

000.png
Source: Tesla Model 3: Europe Orders

This article originally appeared on Inside EVs.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are indeed no federal subsidies or tax credits. Taxes on motor vehicles are a cantonal privilege and vary. An overview can be downloaded here. In several cantons there is no rebate at all. In some cases communal electricity boards subsidise the purchase of an electric vehicle. I saw one example with a 1000.- SFR (about 1000 USD) direct subsidy for the purchase of an electric vehicle. In times of relatively stable or even falling electricity demand, additional customers may be welcome.

With the absence of a local car industry Switzerland was always an interesting test market for the car industry. The impact of the Model 3 will informative - as were Roadster and Model S sales - all the more as there are so few tax related distortions. Not many will have registered their order in the publicly available spreadsheet mentioned above.

Compared to some other countries smaller, 4-wheel drive and relatively more powerful versions are preferred (generally mountainous). Average annual mileages tend to be shorter than say in Germany or the US. Often narrow roads in old towns and off the motorways, as well as limited parking spaces in towns, make large cars less convenient.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sean Wagner
They will be excluded from Austrailia, japan Singapore and New Zealand then !

Is there any law against driving a left hand model in any country that has standardized on right side steering wheels?

I see people in the states driving cars with right hand steering wheels. It was a cool thing amount the street racers in the Fast and Furious 1 days.

Is there any law against driving a left hand model in any country that has standardized on right side steering wheels?

I see people in the states driving cars with right hand steering wheels. It was a cool thing amount the street racers in the Fast and Furious 1 days.

Pretty sure it's ok to do in the UK at least- when I was in London a few weeks ago I saw a '65 Mustang that was a LHD model obviously imported from the US parked on the street.

But I expect it might be a different story selling a new car in that config there.

Pretty sure it's ok to do in the UK at least- when I was in London a few weeks ago I saw a '65 Mustang that was a LHD model obviously imported from the US parked on the street.

But I expect it might be a different story selling a new car in that config there.

Could one pop over to France and buy one over there? That would shorten the wait.

You could buy a LHD European model and bring it back to the UK sure.

I don't many would bother that just to get it a few months earlier. I've owned a couple of LHD cars in the UK but they were models you just couldn't get here otherwise.