Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My window pulled up from April 7 - May 5 to Mar 17 - Mar 31 over the weekend. This is my first 2 week window. I’m curious if the 2 week window means my likely hood of getting a VIN is better? I know it’s a crap shoot but curious what others have seen.

I have been stalling on getting my home charger installed, selling my current SUV and shopping around for financing but dont want to get in a time crunch.
I was down to a 2 week window and then went back to a month long window. Hope it will be different for you.

I've been creeping the forum for months and it seems like a lot of people with similar ODs to me have much more encouraging EDDs. I ordered MYLR white/white/tow/19" on October 8. When I ordered, the EDD was estimating April. The next day I got an EDD of March 7 - April 4. On October 8, it updated to February 21 to March 21. Then, on November 1, it changed to just "June" and it has remained there since.

This seems like a "we have no idea" kind of thing. Is this a common issue to be stuck on this for so long?

I've been creeping the forum for months and it seems like a lot of people with similar ODs to me have much more encouraging EDDs. I ordered MYLR white/white/tow/19" on October 8. When I ordered, the EDD was estimating April. The next day I got an EDD of March 7 - April 4. On October 8, it updated to February 21 to March 21. Then, on November 1, it changed to just "June" and it has remained there since.

This seems like a "we have no idea" kind of thing. Is this a common issue to be stuck on this for so long?
When the change to a June like yours, it's usually is the financing has expired (60 days from order date). Change it to Cash and you will get a date range.

Reactions: WhiteWi
When the change to a June like yours, it's usually is the financing has expired (60 days from order date). Change it to Cash and you will get a date range.
Appreciate the advice. When completing the profile, I chose cash. I just realized that, when I got the automated text after ordering, I asked the advisor about whether April was a reasonable estimate and said that later than April would be fine but I would rather it not be before. The advisor said they would put a note on my account that I was hoping for April or later delivery. I wonder if that could be the issue? Completely forgot about that.

It seems to be working to my benefit as there have been several additions to the car that will hopefully be on every model by the time I get it. As we get into March, I'm just getting a little impatient...

Appreciate the advice. When completing the profile, I chose cash. I just realized that, when I got the automated text after ordering, I asked the advisor about whether April was a reasonable estimate and said that later than April would be fine but I would rather it not be before. The advisor said they would put a note on my account that I was hoping for April or later delivery. I wonder if that could be the issue? Completely forgot about that.

It seems to be working to my benefit as there have been several additions to the car that will hopefully be on every model by the time I get it. As we get into March, I'm just getting a little impatient...
If he did in fact put it on hold for you, your account would show this and you would have a "I am Ready!" button to remove hold.

Also make sure you don't have a trade in offer that expired. If so set to no trade in, you can do this later, after you get VIN

The SAs can put notes on accounts? I’d sure like to see what they put in mine, if anything.

You hit the nail on the head - we all have no idea. We are all here struggling to find logic where I doubt it exists.

Bumped from April-May to May-June. This really makes no sense.
I am at a total loss. I ordered my MYLR 10/5, two weeks after my buddy ordered his. We didn't know at the time, but we ordered the exact same car.
MYLR | Silver | Black | 20" | 5 Seat | Tow. He took delivery around Thanksgiving, I figured I wouldn't be far behind. My EDD just went from June to April-May to June-July. On the Tesla website it says current orders are expected August 22. I don't understand how a car ordered today can be delivered a month after a car I ordered 5 months ago.

I am at a total loss. I ordered my MYLR 10/5, two weeks after my buddy ordered his. We didn't know at the time, but we ordered the exact same car.
MYLR | Silver | Black | 20" | 5 Seat | Tow. He took delivery around Thanksgiving, I figured I wouldn't be far behind. My EDD just went from June to April-May to June-July. On the Tesla website it says current orders are expected August 22. I don't understand how a car ordered today can be delivered a month after a car I ordered 5 months ago.
Based on Current metrics, delivery of a MYLR is 5.67 months. Your buddy that got his car in end of November, 6 weeks after order, most likely got a car that was rejected by someone else as MYLRs do not usually get delivered that fast. I wouldn't sweet it too much, with Austin opening soon, EDDs will juggle a little more as they ramp up.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I think you need to check your profile, make sure that your finance does not expire (put to cash) and if you have a trade-in, make sure it's up to date. August 22 seems far out for October order.