Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You and I have the same order date!!!

My dates have been rock solid at 2/24-3/24 so glad to see you are in line with me now as it looks like that will be accurate. Hopefully your dates stop jumping around now. Will be interesting as we get closer to our dates how our windows change.

See you on the road in March!!!!
The three of us are close. My order date was 10/11 but the same EDD window as you. While the EDD has not changed in a while, I hope it stays that way instead of moving around again.

See YOU on the road in March - if you have a road trip to California in mind.

I don't know if it means anything but I got a text from Tesla reminding me about trade in values... I'm paying cash and no trade in but it's the first text I got from Tesla since ordering. Some speculate that this means I'm getting close to a VIN assignment, but I'm not holding my breath.

I don't know if it means anything but I got a text from Tesla reminding me about trade in values... I'm paying cash and no trade in but it's the first text I got from Tesla since ordering. Some speculate that this means I'm getting close to a VIN assignment, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cash and no trade-in for us either, but I did receive that trade-in text from Tesla one month plus a few days before VIN assignment.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkeetShooter
Just noticed that my EDD went from March to late April/May. 1st time it has moved since ordering late October. I am assuming that that should answer any oft-asked questions regarding build location and battery pack et al and will greatly decrease the visits to my account for a while. We shall see. Have a nice day everyone!
but it could change back tomorrow! or today!

Reactions: WhiteWi
Wait a second. You ordered and finalized your order in July? You didnt make any changes to your order between then and now? That is highly suspect.
The only change i made after a week of ordering is the color...and just recently I updated the payment details to reflect all cash, nothing else. Its been frustrating. I know a lot of folks who have got their cars before me who ordered in the same time time frame. Whenever I check with Tesla they always say your car is being built and a VIN will be assigned soon.

The only change i made after a week of ordering is the color...and just recently I updated the payment details to reflect all cash, nothing else. Its been frustrating. I know a lot of folks who have got their cars before me who ordered in the same time time frame. Whenever I check with Tesla they always say your car is being built and a VIN will be assigned soon.
At a guess, if you just updated payment to cash, it has been in limbo since your finance offer expired 2 months after you submitted. Which was probably in late September. That would explain the late EDD

Reactions: WhiteWi
At a guess, if you just updated payment to cash, it has been in limbo since your finance offer expired 2 months after you submitted. Which was probably in late September. That would explain the late EDD
Even back then the EDD were all over the place. With all this delay I'm hoping to get MY with the new battery pack but highly unlikely as only Austin is producing them and the folks in West are getting theirs form Fremont.

My OD was 10/2, EDD has been Feb 17 to Mar 17 for about 2 months. I read in another post that someone was able to see their VIN by viewing the page source on the Account page of the Telsa website. I was logging in just to check and I see that I have a VIN assigned (listed normally). For those who have been waiting a while, try logging in via the browser. Pickup will be Nashville MYLR | Blue | 20" Induction | No Tow | Fremont VIN

Over the weekend, Tesla started texting and emailing me telling me I had a VIN for my Model Y LR ordered on 21 Oct 2021. Est delivery date then was April 2020.

Logged onto today and they are telling me EDD is 31 Jan to 4 Feb. 😳
My full VIN is visible directly on the `.../product-finalize?rn=RN11...` page. Includes `...F365xxx' as the final digits.
I'm in Denver, so perhaps the car is here, and someone else released it.

I don't have the cash ready yet, so will likely have to defer.

Sorry to hear so many of you are having to wait. I don't really understand why they called me so early relative to you all.

Last edited:
Over the weekend, Tesla started texting and emailing me telling me I had a VIN for my Model Y LR ordered on 21 Oct 2021. Est delivery date then was April 2020.

Logged onto today and they are telling me EDD is 31 Jan to 4 Feb. 😳
Don't have the cash ready yet, so will likely have to defer.

Sorry to hear so many of you are having to wait. I don't really understand why they called me so early relative to you all.
Probably someone else rejecting/refusing delivery for a make that matches your order.