Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ditto!

Also, didn't we hear that Tesla is not going by the Profile completion date anymore and just using Order Date. Why then is yours and

BGOwner's not delivered yet?

Because they started doing it for ODs after 10/31 (or maybe 9/30. Not sure what month they started). We’re unfortunately still lumped into prioritization based upon PC date.

I’m happy for everyone getting their cars, but I’m so happy that the month of March is done after today because then those of us outside CA have a chance of getting our cars (hopefully within the next month or two!). It’s almost been pointless checking my app these past few weeks because it’s not like I was going to be getting a VIN.
Totally agree with you. However I am cautiously optimistic haha. I keep hoping that after April7 it will be like Oprah for the east cost and we all get cars! But then I have to bring myself back to reality and probably cut back on the drinks 🤪

I’m happy for everyone getting their cars, but I’m so happy that the month of March is done after today because then those of us outside CA have a chance of getting our cars (hopefully within the next month or two!). It’s almost been pointless checking my app these past few weeks because it’s not like I was going to be getting a VIN.
Exactly I am tired of seeing all of the CA people get VINS for the past two weeks.

So you think it’s ok that Tesla gave VINs and scheduled delivery to customers and took their money. Then took the VINs away and cancelled the deliveries last minute to give them to customers closer to Fremont just to get the cars off the books by EOQ?
It’s ok to have people waiting a year for their MY, but then at EOQ say if you pay for FSD you’ll get bumped up, or if you upgrade to a Performance you’ll get it by EOQ?
The most successful businesses put customers first, that’s how they make their money. Customer retention costs less then customer acquisition.
The best example is Costco. They are probably one of the most customer friendly businesses and employee friendly too. They probably take a bath on their generous return policy, but it’s one of the perks of buying at Costco.
Yeah, I see this angle as well. However, this is the perk of being the king on the hill, but the king doesn't stay up there forever. Once another manufacturer can actually compete, the game will be changed. In this case, Tesla owns the game. The long term results of playing it this way is yet to be seen. I feel this pain.

Reactions: Kairide
Yeah, I see this angle as well. However, this is the perk of being the king on the hill, but the king doesn't stay up there forever. Once another manufacturer can actually compete, the game will be changed. In this case, Tesla owns the game. The long term results of playing it this way is yet to be seen. I feel this pain.
I think most of folks complaining here have not actually tested the ICE dealerships for the last 2 years. They are doing the same thing as Tesla, worst of, they added "features" and pricing when you receive your order. I have a friend ordering Mach E, and the dealership said wait time is 9 months minimum and price will be determined when you receive the car. They mark up $10K for Mach E on lot. So if you are not fully aware of the situation that we are in right now - chip shortages, no workers etc... then I think Tesla is doing their best or better than ICE (Ford, GM, Toyota). ICE company is doing the same thing or worst. My 2 cents.

I think most of folks complaining here have not actually tested the ICE dealerships for the last 2 years. They are doing the same thing as Tesla, worst of, they added "features" and pricing when you receive your order. I have a friend ordering Mach E, and the dealership said wait time is 9 months minimum and price will be determined when you receive the car. They mark up $10K for Mach E on lot. So if you are not fully aware of the situation that we are in right now - chip shortages, no workers etc... then I think Tesla is doing their best or better than ICE (Ford, GM, Toyota). ICE company is doing the same thing or worst. My 2 cents.
The other thing I think about on this forum is how many of us have actually gone through this process in the past? Go to a showroom, ride a demo, go online, pick specs, order, then wait....wait....wait. Most of us would expect to spend at most a day at a dealership, test driving then negotiating with the budget manager in the back and driving off with it. Waiting on any order sucks. I get my amazon deliveries in days or hours. The expectations have shifted.

Are these ICE dealerships offering to deliver quicker if the customer pays more for added features or a higher level trim at EOQ? Are the dealerships giving VINs, setting up delivery dates and taking payment, then cancelling the deliveries and re-allocating to people closer to the factory just to bump EOQ numbers?

It's perfectly fine to say it'll take 9 months to receive your car and the price will be determined by current market values. If the market stabilizes in 9 months, that may actually work in your friend's favor. Ford isn't picking and choosing which customers get a Mach E or offer a quicker delivery to someone willing to pay more at the expense of someone else who has waited longer. Yes, the dealerships may play shenanigans, but they have for the entire history of this traditional model. Tesla is now doing the same and sometimes worse to screw over customers.

"They mark up $10K for Mach E on lot"; you do realize this is what Tesla has essentially done as the price of a MY is over $10k more than it was last year at this time. At least for the $10K you could drive the Mach E home that day. With Tesla you're paying the markup and still waiting for it.

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyerDude
The other thing I think about on this forum is how many of us have actually gone through this process in the past? Go to a showroom, ride a demo, go online, pick specs, order, then wait....wait....wait. Most of us would expect to spend at most a day at a dealership, test driving then negotiating with the budget manager in the back and driving off with it. Waiting on any order sucks. I get my amazon deliveries in days or hours. The expectations have shifted.
The German makers have done a really good job at direct ordering for years. I custom ordered an Audi a few years ago. I sat with the salesperson and picked the color, interior, and other options, including the much beloved 6 speed manual. The car was built in Germany and delivered to the dealership in 6 weeks. I was not required to purchase the car if we couldn't come to a price agreement upon delivery. When the car was delivered, I went to the dealership, inspected it, and test drove it. We had already come to an agreement that was in-line with an on the lot model and I was in and out of the dealership in under 2 hours. Most of that time was spent inspecting and admiring the car.

The German makers have done a really good job at direct ordering for years. I custom ordered an Audi a few years ago. I sat with the salesperson and picked the color, interior, and other options, including the much beloved 6 speed manual. The car was built in Germany and delivered to the dealership in 6 weeks. I was not required to purchase the car if we couldn't come to a price agreement upon delivery. When the car was delivered, I went to the dealership, inspected it, and test drove it. We had already come to an agreement that was in-line with an on the lot model and I was in and out of the dealership in under 2 hours. Most of that time was spent inspecting and admiring the car.
I hope that this becomes the norm with all EV's sooner than later.

Would love to hear that same story if you were to walk into an Audi dealer today and order an Q4 e-Tron.

Did that a couple weeks ago w/ another german
Would love to hear that same story if you were to walk into an Audi dealer today and order an Q4 e-Tron.
Did that recently with another German brand for their new flagship EV suv. Order process same as usual but instead of the usual 4 months was told to expect end of year or early next year and that I'd be contacted when a production slot is confirmed (supplies for some options currently unavailable).
Fine with that - expectation is set - forget about it for now - when I hear a date I suspect it will mean something like the 6 other custom builds they have delivered in the past including a plug-in-hybrid suv ordered last fall and delivered this Feb one month early.

I tried to order a Q4 late 2021. They literally said they had no information about the car yet despite it being advertised heavily in my region, and even if I could order one, there “will probably be at least a $10,000 markup”. They then pointed to a brand new Q7 in the lot and said someone had custom ordered and waited 6 months for it, but walked away because they added a $10,000 markup as soon as it arrived.

I tried to order a Q4 late 2021. They literally said they had no information about the car yet despite it being advertised heavily in my region, and even if I could order one, there “will probably be at least a $10,000 markup”. They then pointed to a brand new Q7 in the lot and said someone had custom ordered and waited 6 months for it, but walked away because they added a $10,000 markup as soon as it arrived.
Don't know about Audi and maybe things work differently here in Canada - my experience has been the price is set when the order is made - no re-visiting that when the product shows up. Customer acquisition/retention is a big deal - the smart ones won't mess that up for a one time 10k stunt.

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
Congrats on getting your car! Just curious, do you think the previous person assigned the VIN before you also saw a panel gap and decided not to take delivery? Given how long the wait's been for most of us, it amazes me when I here folks getting vehicles due to someone before them not taking delivery. Could be a number of reasons i guess, so just a thought. Again, congrats and i hope you can get the gap fixed in a timely manner. And thanks for the update. I'm sure a number of us will be so excited just to get the car we forget to do a detailed walk-through at the showroom.

My specs: OD 10/09; current EDD Apr22-May20
MYLR5 | BLUE | BLACK | 19" Gemini | TOW | NO FSD

Hoping April is a good month (for alot of us!)
no, my SA told me the person backed out due a financing issue. the panel gap is no reason to not get the car. already have service scheduled next week at no cost to me.

no, my SA told me the person backed out due a financing issue. the panel gap is no reason to not get the car. already have service scheduled next week at no cost to me.
You need to update your pic to you being all happy with the note saying " I GOT MY TESLA!" I am so excited for you that you got your car! Grats! Sorry its late! I never did see a pic of the panel gap that was mentioned earlier. Was just wondering for comparison with other pics I have seen. Was your build a Freemont?