Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife called our SA yesterday - just to check status - after an initial bot response, we did get a live SA on the phone (not our assigned one)
He was very helpful. Confirmed our status and EDD - actually said they expect the EDD to hold the range now (Apr22-May20) and expect a VIN that first week of the range, with a shortened window forthcoming (2 weeks instead of 4). (crossing fingers that holds true) He also confirmed our account info and said we're all set with everything except insurance. They need an insurance POC prior to delivery, and they could take that info right now if we have it, but we're still shopping around. Tesla Insurance not available in MA yet, and i've got teens that are NOT driving the MY (lol), but insurance companies will put them as prime drivers ($$$), thus my searching around.

Anyway, I'm glad we called just for a sanity check. Although the SA couldn't confirm the latest vehicle battery stats (2170 vs. 4680) or source (guessing Fremont unless there's a surprise notice at the rodeo tomorrow), he did send us a link to an online Tesla New Owners Virtual Education Session - sounds like it's a walk through to get ready for delivery and get aquainted with the MY controls probably similar to the online tutorials we all see in the app. I think anyone can join here: Get to Know Your Tesla. You need to RSVP as they will be accepting questions from attendees.

Again, I hope this helps my fellow October order folks in the New England area. Good luck to all!

OD: 10/09/21 EDD: Apr22-May20 (been holding to this range the past two months)
MYLR5 | BLUE | BLACK | 19" Gemini | TOW | No FSD
My EDD changed on 3/31 from September to Apr30-May28.
I want this to be true, but as others have said, I don’t have much confidence in the info I get from SA. I’ve spoken with them both on the phone and at my local showroom and while they seem genuinely eager to help, I don’t think they have much more info than we do. At this point I’m just trying to stay optimistic and be ready for a May delivery, but if the date gets pushed, then I’ll adjust. I’ve already waited 6 months, so if I have to wait a few more weeks so be it. Once I have the car I’m sure it will be easy to forget about all this stress. Good luck to everyone!

OD Oct 5
MYLR white/white/ tow/19/no FSD/

Cash/accepted trade in number just renewed.

Delivery to Vancouver BC.

Well, my EDD window has arrived (April 7-21) and not a peep from Tesla. No communication ever from an SA, no VIN, nothing.

I’ve had about 15 EDD changes over the months, some as late as September and some that have come and gone. I’ve already had my date window arrive once in January, only to have the date reset two days later to late summer.

This April date window has been consistent for a few weeks now, tightening a little bit to this specific two week window. Could this actually be it?

It’s been really hard to deal with these wildly variable date ranges— to keep rearranging my plans, resetting my trade-in value etc.

Anyone else have a situation similar to mine, with an April window looming?

OD Oct 5
MYLR white/white/ tow/19/no FSD/

Cash/accepted trade in number just renewed.

Delivery to Vancouver BC.

Well, my EDD window has arrived (April 7-21) and not a peep from Tesla. No communication ever from an SA, no VIN, nothing.

I’ve had about 15 EDD changes over the months, some as late as September and some that have come and gone. I’ve already had my date window arrive once in January, only to have the date reset two days later to late summer.

This April date window has been consistent for a few weeks now, tightening a little bit to this specific two week window. Could this actually be it?

It’s been really hard to deal with these wildly variable date ranges— to keep rearranging my plans, resetting my trade-in value etc.

Anyone else have a situation similar to mine, with an April window looming?
At least yours is closer, mine's still stuck in Sept. Someone please send HELP! How do I cope?

At least yours is closer, mine's still stuck in Sept. Someone please send HELP! How do I cope?
It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.
It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.
Both of these can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

If both of these are already set as suggested and your EDD is pushed out, there are unconfirmed reports that expired insurance can also cause this. That is, if you have already uploaded it.

Finally typed this into note so I can copy and paste it. Seems it’s the biggest cause of EDDs pushing out.

It sounds like something may be wrong with your profile. This could be caused by expired trade in or finance offer.
It is recommended that you set your trade in to no trade in and payment method to cash, as if either of these expire, it can make your EDD push out because your profile is not complete.
Both of these can be changed once you get your VIN. Contact your SA or use Tesla chat to have them reset.

If both of these are already set as suggested and your EDD is pushed out, there are unconfirmed reports that expired insurance can also cause this. That is, if you have already uploaded it.

Finally typed this into note so I can copy and paste it. Seems it’s the biggest cause of EDDs pushing out.
Yeah completed my profile in March cause I was told to leave finance option blank as they will rereun my cred only to find out that profile needs to be completed. After went from June which was the range for many here to Sept. Called SA & rant, told me not to trust the forums.

Yeah completed my profile in March cause I was told to leave finance option blank as they will rereun my cred only to find out that profile needs to be completed. After went from June which was the range for many here to Sept. Called SA & rant, told me not to trust the forums.
If its still blank, then set to Cash. Tell your SA, forums say don't trust your SA. He is right about rerunning credit inquires every time it expires and you renew finance, which is why they say to set to CASH until you have your VIN.

BTW, if payment method was left blank, then profile was not completed.

If its still blank, then set to Cash. Tell your SA, forums say don't trust your SA. He is right about rerunning credit inquires every time it expires and you renew finance, which is why they say to set to CASH until you have your VIN.

BTW, if payment method was left blank, then profile was not completed.
Yeah, he told me to leave finance blank, but NEVER TOLD ME about cash, I found out last month which is now completed. Hence the September timeline now, after summer not before or by summer which was what i was aiming for, really disappointed. Firmly believe line should be based on ordered date, not profile completion date. I was misled & minformed, yet there seems to be nothing can be done about it. Pretty upset.

Reactions: aguzzi17
Yeah, he told me to leave finance blank, but NEVER TOLD ME about cash, I found out last month which is now completed. Hence the September timeline now, after summer not before or by summer which was what i was aiming for, really disappointed. Firmly believe line should be based on ordered date, not profile completion date. I was misled & minformed, yet there seems to be nothing can be done about it. Pretty upset.
I figured it out after 2 months. So my delivery is in line with Nov orders instead of August orders. That said, I had heard that after November orders, they were supposed to be calculating off of Order Date. But profile still needed to be completed so they know you are ready. Guess that is not so

I figured it out after 2 months. So my delivery is in line with Nov orders instead of August orders. That said, I had heard that after November orders, they were supposed to be calculating off of Order Date. But profile still needed to be completed so they know you are ready. Guess that is not so
Yeah, I was in the October order, not November order hence here, & if it did take effect, I didn't benefit from it cause I missed the cutoff for the transition.

Ughgghhhhhh. OD 10/27/21 MYLR white on white 20” (black) induction wheels 5 seat no tow.

Originally I was February 2022. Then April. Then Feb-March. Most recently May 9- June 13. This morning it updated to June 5- July 17. Devastating and frankly insanity. Los Angeles area delivery.
My OD is 9/22 MYLR gray and black w induction. Just got moved this morning to May 6 - June 10. Also Los Angeles.

Ughgghhhhhh. OD 10/27/21 MYLR white on white 20” (black) induction wheels 5 seat no tow.

Originally I was February 2022. Then April. Then Feb-March. Most recently May 9- June 13. This morning it updated to June 5- July 17. Devastating and frankly insanity. Los Angeles area delivery.
Same build but my OD and profile completion was 10/01/21. My current EDD is (and has been) sitting at April 10-May 8. It's been there since I entered my last EDD before getting pushed. I'm in the Central Valley and have a Fresno delivery.

Same build but my OD and profile completion was 10/01/21. My current EDD is (and has been) sitting at April 10-May 8. It's been there since I entered my last EDD before getting pushed. I'm in the Central Valley and have a Fresno delivery.
so so many of us with the first week of may to first week of june EDD...doesn't give me warm and fuzzy feelings about delivery. looking like a lottery pick still.

Reactions: burningember