Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only places I can think of and given your location would be Textron/Sikorsky, but then again, I'm also not trying too hard here.

One little thing I had to say to myself is that when I originally ordered my Y had a March-April Window advertised on the order site. Then after ordering they were like, Feb-March. So it was mentally nice to have a quicker time-table. But realistically, if I was to get my car in May (even the end of May) a 1 month delay off of an initial estimate isnt really that bad I guess. I think that's how Tesla sort of "gets you." They keep updating you on your status, changing prices, and adding features to make you really really want the product. A group like ours only makes it worse since everyone knows misery loves company.

I guess, I would just say to everyone, stay cool man. Its coming. I'm not happy either, but its better than waiting another year or 2 for my CyberTruck.

Interesting, because just a day or so she got an email asking her if she had a trade in. So she filled out the info for her existing car and submitted it. You think that's what pushed it back? If so, will changing it back to "no trade in" make the date change?
I have no trade in, still got pushed back. Just start lurking here after I got moved into Jun jail.

Reactions: aguzzi17
The only places I can think of and given your location would be Textron/Sikorsky, but then again, I'm also not trying too hard here.

One little thing I had to say to myself is that when I originally ordered my Y had a March-April Window advertised on the order site. Then after ordering they were like, Feb-March. So it was mentally nice to have a quicker time-table. But realistically, if I was to get my car in May (even the end of May) a 1 month delay off of an initial estimate isnt really that bad I guess. I think that's how Tesla sort of "gets you." They keep updating you on your status, changing prices, and adding features to make you really really want the product. A group like ours only makes it worse since everyone knows misery loves company.

I guess, I would just say to everyone, stay cool man. Its coming. I'm not happy either, but its better than waiting another year or 2 for my CyberTruck.
I certainly understand the sentiment. My Order was 10-9 and my initial delivery month was March. So Late June Early July is a bit more than month. It's just frustrating, but I have no intentions of cancelling. I also returned my leased vehicle in February, which makes things tough. I'm luckier than most because I have an old 2005 4Runner that I just can't let go...but my kids usually have it. Thankfully I usually work from home or take the train to NYC...I feel horrible for those of that REALLY REALLY need a vehicle. That's all...rant over...i'm over it. Back to waiting.

I certainly understand the sentiment. My Order was 10-9 and my initial delivery month was March. So Late June Early July is a bit more than month. It's just frustrating, but I have no intentions of cancelling. I also returned my leased vehicle in February, which makes things tough. I'm luckier than most because I have an old 2005 4Runner that I just can't let go...but my kids usually have it. Thankfully I usually work from home or take the train to NYC...I feel horrible for those of that REALLY REALLY need a vehicle. That's all...rant over...i'm over it. Back to waiting.
Not disagreeing with your overall sentiment, but are you sure your initial delivery month was March? I know that Tesla's website said April when I ordered on 9/27 and thought it changed to May shortly after in October...and we have the same build and delivery location. My dad ordered in October and I thought he said it was May/June when he ordered.

Yeah, I'm right in NYC, so semi-need a vehicle, have the subway, but that can only get you so far. Especially with the pandemic, germs everywhere & now with shooting, I really don't feel like going anywhere unless necessary & with that lifestyle, I'm mostly home & feel trapped. Don't have an existing vehicle, but was planning to get the Y before or by summer hence why I'm here & make road trips with it, now it's looking like after summer. Disappointing to say the least.

Reactions: aguzzi17
I was expecting it, and it happened this morning. Got pushed today after entering my window yesterday. That said, it could have been a whole lot worse. Previous EDD: 4/20-5/18. New EDD: 5/13-5/27 (my first 2 week window LOL!). OD: 10/9. MYLR. Blue/white. Gemini. No tow, no FSD.

Not disagreeing with your overall sentiment, but are you sure your initial delivery month was March? I know that Tesla's website said April when I ordered on 9/27 and thought it changed to May shortly after in October...and we have the same build and delivery location. My dad ordered in October and I thought he said it was May/June when he ordered.
Yeah...it was March for sure. But who knows man...these dates are so weird...you're probably right.

Yeah...it was March for sure. But who knows man...these dates are so weird...you're probably right.
My first EDD when I finally got one after a month from my OD was March...but was definitely April when I ordered as I specifically waited until it said April for a few days as I knew a March delivery could cause me trouble (work trips, etc.). That and I wanted to wait to take delivery during baseball season (starts in April) to take my son down to a Yankee game the night before my delivery date. Figured I could make a fun trip out of having to go all the way down state. With my luck, my delivery date will end up being when Yankees are out of town.

Anyways, hopefully we all get our VINs soon. Strange that there has not been many VINs being given out lately.

My order date was 10/20/21 and this is what the app said on February 20th for me, so he could have had a March delivery because I was supposed too 😞
5707A1BC-0B1B-4F0E-ADA7-C7FB031AD8D0.png

I was expecting it, and it happened this morning. Got pushed today after entering my window yesterday. That said, it could have been a whole lot worse. Previous EDD: 4/20-5/18. New EDD: 5/13-5/27 (my first 2 week window LOL!). OD: 10/9. MYLR. Blue/white. Gemini. No tow, no FSD.

I have the exact same build, but I was pushed out to 8/29 - 10/24. My order date was 10/26, so it was about two weeks after your date.

Reactions: taking12many
My order date was 10/20/21 and this is what the app said on February 20th for me, so he could have had a March delivery because I was supposed too 😞View attachment 796114
Maybe we are talking about 2 different things. I am referring to what the EDD was on the Tesla website at the time of order. Not the first EDD update people received a month or so after ordering.

In those two weeks Tesla saw big influx of new orders since people were spooked by raising prices on Teslas and jump the gun to order one before more hikes. I know I did.
That pushed me to put my order in too. Just hard to believe that an October 2021 order might not deliver until October 2022. I'm contemplating adding FSD to see if I can get back into a Q2 delivery window.