Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guess what people, I got a VIN!!!! 😁😁😁🙌🙌

For once, in a long time, i did not check the app since this morning and i was honestly worried that i wont see a VIN for a while since the VIN assignment news were slowing down and then baaaaaammm. I froze for a few seconds.

VIN-F433xxx
Picking up at Tyco, Virginia
Congratulations 🍾🎊🎈

Reactions: AbeTes
Guess what people, I got a VIN!!!! 😁😁😁🙌🙌

For once, in a long time, i did not check the app since this morning and i was honestly worried that i wont see a VIN for a while since the VIN assignment news were slowing down and then baaaaaammm. I froze for a few seconds.

VIN-F433xxx
Picking up at Tyco, Virginia

EDIT: No email, No text.... just showed up in the app.
Congratulations, Update your signature and enjoy!

Reactions: AbeTes
Day 12 and still sitting on EDD of 7/30 - 9/10. Been calling/texting tesla nearly every 2-3 days and at this point I have almost lost hope. I really hope it actually doesnt get pushed to q2 end as we have a lot of early summer plans.
One SA yesterday told me profile completion (my profile is complete though) doesn't affect EDD at all. Complete bollocks lmao

Got our VIN this morning! Ordered in October. MYLR/MSM/5 Seat/Tow/Black Interior/FSD in Texas. Also, go the trade in text yesterday. F432
HELP ME!!!! Same build except white interior & east coast (no longer matters as I see a lot getting VINS on east coast), would think they're prioritizing white seats giving "higher margins", but seems like no? What's your OD & your EDD before you got the VIN, was it close?

I called my service center I am picking up fro and they verified.
Got this response from our local Tesla DC in MA, re: mud flaps/PPF
Hello, Hal with Tesla Norwell, glad to see a fellow Cape Codder in a Tesla! Your model Y will come with MudFlaps installed but the PPF will most likely be done as a mobile visit at the moment.
So, that's good news, but unfortunately, he skipped a response to MY QUESTION ABOUT WHEN I'D GET A VIN!! - argh

Reactions: ehog
Got a text telling me that they are about to built my model Y in next few weeks. Asking if we still planing to pay cash and no trade if not to make changes now.
i had gotten that text about a week ago as well. Make sure you do not do financing before having VIN. You do not want a hard hit on your credit and god forbid, your edd gets pushed out.
keep payment cash until getting a VIN. ONce you do get a VIN you can change it to financing either tesla or financial institution of your own.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Anyone else lay in bed debating pros and cons of mods over and over… like upgrade from MYLR5 to MYP (apparently can still do at price based on OD) or add FSD at $10K now (OD price still avail) vs $12k if I buy later….

I test drove a base MYLR and ordered same day…was like driving a super-charged go-cart with low center of mass, tight cornering….I got hooked and can’t wait to “test drive” my own MY every day…. But the lure of the MYP still haunts me….except the fear of blowing rims/tires on MN potholes….are the 21” wheels that harsh…prone to hazard? My EDD is 5/14~5/29…..hopefully that sticks…and probably no wrong decisions here either way but a little FOMO on the MYP after this long wait….
Yes -Your post could have been written by me! I have the same EDD and WI potholes. The long wait for a VIN and the lure of the MYP has had me considering a switch but the only thing holding me back is concern for the ride on our rough roads and the thinking I might only be days away from receiving a VIN. I also wish the MYLR had the MYP’s better headlights.

Weird that they told you to make changes now. When I got the call from my DC, they said we could make the changes after the VIN was assigned (which we did).
I told them I will do financing once I get a vin. My bad I wrote my interpretation of what Essentially was “If You need to change anything write back and SA will contact you to assist”.

Last edited:
Reactions: RocY
i had gotten that text about a week ago as well. Make sure you do not do financing before having VIN. You do not want a hard hit on your credit and god forbid, your edd gets pushed out.
keep payment cash until getting a VIN. ONce you do get a VIN you can change it to financing either tesla or financial institution of your own.
Not a first Tesla. Thanks I know how it goes.

Reactions: Hardik2302
Anyone else lay in bed debating pros and cons of mods over and over… like upgrade from MYLR5 to MYP (apparently can still do at price based on OD) or add FSD at $10K now (OD price still avail) vs $12k if I buy later….

I test drove a base MYLR and ordered same day…was like driving a super-charged go-cart with low center of mass, tight cornering….I got hooked and can’t wait to “test drive” my own MY every day…. But the lure of the MYP still haunts me….except the fear of blowing rims/tires on MN potholes….are the 21” wheels that harsh…prone to hazard? My EDD is 5/14~5/29…..hopefully that sticks…and probably no wrong decisions here either way but a little FOMO on the MYP after this long wait….
Was lured by the MYP as well but for us Canadians, it would mean newer prices apply. Also the SA told me that MYP won't come with all-season tires either

HELP ME!!!! Same build except white interior & east coast (no longer matters as I see a lot getting VINS on east coast), would think they're prioritizing white seats giving "higher margins", but seems like no? What's your OD & your EDD before you got the VIN, was it close?
EDD had been shifting a week or two since March. Most recent was 5/5 - 5/19. Pretty sure it's in batches. Was nervous for another push out after missing Monday's VIN blowout. I am guessing East Coast will likely flow to mostly end of quarter?

Reactions: cc333