Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While agree that is is unfair, there are more factors than just order date. Delivery location is also a key factor, for slower DC, someone father back in the queue may get an order sooner, just so they can fill the truck to the DC. Busier DCs have the opposite problem. Orders are delayed because they can only deliver so many cars to a single DC. Their lots get full and takes time to empty them.

Profile complete date that lots of us got screwed on is yet another factor. That one shot have been the easiest to fix.

Sorry you are so upset, but I am sure you will get your car soon. If all goes well, I will take delivery 258 days after ordering
While your logic is reasonably sound honestly, I'm just not buying that. MSM, black, 19, no extras should have gone to many more people (likely hundreds or thousands) before someone who ordered in December.

Let me know if the Laminar's creak like the stock ones do when it gets hot out. I noticed with mine sitting in the sun at work yesterday, the caps creaked pretty noticeably. I am probably going to take them off at some point this summer, but not until I do a full decontamination, polish, and ceramic coat. at that point I'll do the wheels and barrels as well.

Laminar Hub Caps fit fine...i like the look for sure.

IMG_2151.jpeg

Oh *sugar*. Glad to know there’s someone out in the same boat. Im absolutely fed up at this time, no communication whatsoever from tesla other than the date on app. Only way to find peace for me is telling myself this tesla is a myth and this forum full of bots claiming they got the car 😅

In pretty much exact same situation as you ...

order date - Oct 11 2021
MYLR - Black on Black with 20" induction - no tow and no fsd

i as well completed my profile in March as I didn't know that was a thing ... I bought a Model S back in 2017 and there was no such thing as Profile completion back then ... purchased in Oct and received in December as mentioned on ordering page

my current EDD sits at August 19 - Sept 30 ....

been in communication with SA to see if something can be done ... pretty ridiculous ...
That sucks about the profile complete situation. Out of curiosity, didn't you get a whole bunch of emails from Tesla reminding you to complete your profile? I ask because I intentionally didn't complete my profile between Apr - Oct last year to effectively have a hold on my order and I got lots of automated emails from Tesla asking me to complete my profile during that time.

That sucks about the profile complete situation. Out of curiosity, didn't you get a whole bunch of emails from Tesla reminding you to complete your profile? I ask because I intentionally didn't complete my profile between Apr - Oct last year to effectively have a hold on my order and I got lots of automated emails from Tesla asking me to complete my profile during that time.
I never got one automated email from Tesla until last week to say my trade- in offer was ready.

Reactions: Nora DiCaprio
Momma got her Y. Stopped at a restaurant on the way home. Gets out of the Y and someone in a A7 stops his car, opens the window and yells "how do you like your Y". Goes on to tell us he has one on order since December and looks like end of year on delivery. After a little bit of empathy and shared our good luck story on landing our new Y by simply calling our SA and asking if any canceled Y's come available please call me. 24 hours later she got us a VIN on a perfectly matched Y. I encourage everyone with EDD into Aug to Oct to call your LOCAL store and YOUR SA and ask for help.

The Y is amazing and feels like your on Space Mountain rollercoaster at Disney that launches you. Perfect fit and finish with 0 gaps or flaws. My wife and I are thrilled.
1652523287654.png

1652523325517.png

I didn’t get any emails. How much of your profile did you complete when you ordered? The only thing we had outstanding was payment method, so maybe it’s different if you don’t fill out your registration information?

I didn’t get any emails. How much of your profile did you complete when you ordered? The only thing we had outstanding was payment method, so maybe it’s different if you don’t fill out your registration information?

I was nagged frequently to complete my profile. I don't remember what was missing but I did so on purpose to delay the EDD. My order was sep 28-ish, and I completed the profile 11/1/2021. My current EDD has settled into May 26 - June 30 for the past few weeks.

Reactions: RocY
Not a single email from Tesla regarding completing profile or anything else.... I still wouldn't have completed my profile if I hadn't come on these forums to check people's EDD...

Everything was filled out except for payment information .. which I filled out in March after ordering in October

I just don't see how Tesla can have such a stupid process ... Why would you base delivery date on profile completion instead of order date... When you order the car there is a delivery date on the page which is obviously what the purchaser is going by and expecting, what does competing profile have to do with that?? You should be able to complete you profile up to 2 weeks before delivery date without it affecting your delivery date.

Such a ridiculous process

Reactions: Stardew
Not a single email from Tesla regarding completing profile or anything else.... I still wouldn't have completed my profile if I hadn't come on these forums to check people's EDD...

Everything was filled out except for payment information .. which I filled out in March after ordering in October

I just don't see how Tesla can have such a stupid process ... Why would you base delivery date on profile completion instead of order date... When you order the car there is a delivery date on the page which is obviously what the purchaser is going by and expecting, what does competing profile have to do with that?? You should be able to complete you profile up to 2 weeks before delivery date without it affecting your delivery date.

Apparently, profile completion = worthiness.
They don’t want to waste any more of (their) time than necessary (time is money). Also, THEY don’t have a problem, because they can’t build them fast enough…every single one is accounted for already. Helpful for us doesn’t necessarily translate to practical/cost effective for them…yet?

I never got one automated email from Tesla until last week to say my trade- in offer was ready.

Huh, that is weird. In general, Tesla's communications are abysmal for a "cutting-edge" tech company. I never even received any notification about my VIN being assigned and I'm half curious how all of it would have played out if I was just a clueless consumer who wasn't obsessed with checking my EDD and these forums. I was surprised that in my case, for the profile completion, I got frequent nags, but as @RocY suggests, perhaps it has to do with how much of your profile you've completed. Since I was intentionally using it to delay my order, I basically didn't fill anything up at all (not even delivery location), so perhaps that is why I was getting the emails.

I agree, it's a really stupid system (which I think they have now tweaked). But I just don't understand why their **automated** communications are so poor/non-existent when it would literally take an engineer an afternoon to implement with a simple few if-else statements and integration with their messaging infrastructure. Maybe they are just waiting for TeslaBot to solve all their customer service and communications problems for them :confused: