Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy, including Intelligent and go

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
assume the app is just testing it can control the car. Probably a bug to let you sign up without a smart meter as they have no way of measuring what was used when

I'd be tempted to try and stay on it, but just assume all charging will be peak rate until the smart meter is installed (and until you've confirmed on the octopus site that you're correctly getting the 30 min slots being read)

Yeah so I put the request in for the switch to Intelligent the same day my supply switched over to them (12th March) and received the generic switch email shortly after to say book an installation etc then the install was booked about a week or so later as there weren't any appointments when I first checked.

I remember when booking the install I enquired if my current meter could be accessed by them and they said maybe and that they will check but never heard anything after that. So today I thought oh maybe they have been able to communicate with it hence being given the option to smart charge and being assigned slots but as you say it sounds like it was just testing.

Wow it has gone up quite a lot!

So I wonder if I will get the prices quoted when I first initiated the tariff switch (earlier this month) or I'll be put on the new prices - anyone know?
can you please define "quite a lot?"

January 2022 tariff was: 7.5p off peak, 30p peak, 23p standing charge
Now it is: 7.5p off peak, 34p peak and 44p standing charge.

there's a hike, but not the "quite a lot" imho

standing charge (20p per day) and assuming around 9kwh used per day at 3p per kwh more (27p per day) - so almost 50p per day increase or £175ish.

Not chump change on top of the original increase from 14p/5p per unit
Octopus told me late last week they are not planning on changing the go tariffs at the moment. What a load of cobblers. Thankfully I signed up just before the rise even though I had a month left of my old tariff.

standing charge (20p per day) and assuming around 9kwh used per day at 3p per kwh more (27p per day) - so almost 50p per day increase or £175ish.

Not chump change on top of the original increase from 14p/5p per unit
hey hey hey.

the 14/5 is old news. should never be spoken of.

January 2022 IO tariff was already 30p/7.5p per unit. March increase is NOTHIN compared to the one you mention with :D

My standing charge would have nearly doubled and I would be paying 20p more per kw peak time compared to Januarys. So it is a BIG difference.
yeah, but standing charge is definitelly not the major concern I suppose? it's like 6 pounds a month increase - you definitelly spend more than that on some completely random and unnecessary stuff couple of times per month that it would make a difference.

the unit price - yes, it's an increase and it will accumulate during the time. but standing charge imho is not the main concern here.

yeah, but standing charge is definitelly not the major concern I suppose? it's like 6 pounds a month increase - you definitelly spend more than that on some completely random and unnecessary stuff couple of times per month that it would make a difference.

the unit price - yes, it's an increase and it will accumulate during the time. but standing charge imho is not the main concern here.

That starts to sound like ‘you can buy a house if you stop eating Greggs sausage rolls’ argument

It all adds up. I *hate* standing chargers because they’re just a bullshit charge disproportionately impacting low users. And now it’s doubled

That starts to sound like ‘you can buy a house if you stop eating Greggs sausage rolls’ argument

It all adds up. I *hate* standing chargers because they’re just a bullshit charge disproportionately impacting low users. And now it’s doubled
no, maybe it sounds bad.

what I wanted to say - is that this is 20p increase in the standing charge is "not the main concern here" when overall prices increase. people waste more money on stuff which they do not even notice they waste and have no complaints, but since the 20p stands out in front of you - that is suddenly a issue.

p.s. I also hate standing charges, but as I said, this is definitely as important as other price increases...

Reactions: Mrklaw
no, maybe it sounds bad.

what I wanted to say - is that this is 20p increase in the standing charge is "not the main concern here" when overall prices increase. people waste more money on stuff which they do not even notice they waste and have no complaints, but since the 20p stands out in front of you - that is suddenly a issue.

p.s. I also hate standing charges, but as I said, this is definitely as important as other price increases...

didn't mean to bite, just all this turbulence is frustrating. I was 'lucky' to get the old standing charge but still 30p peak rate

Reactions: yessuz