Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus go - Still available?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I finally got around to sorting this out yesterday and they are accepting people no problem but they asked me to email a particular email address, their EV team, to say I wanted to switch to Go and then call back when they respond.

I did that and haven’t had any response. Since that point I have been thinking that the person I spoke to May have thought I was already an Octopus customer looking to switch tariff but I did give him all my address details etc and he didn’t ask for an account number. It just seems a strange process.

I was with EDF prior to Octopus and their customer support was nowhere near as good as Octopus. I'm on Octopus Go, and there would need to be a more than a small cost benefit for me to switch back to EDF.

I absolutely hated EDF... They'd just increase your Direct Debit payments, then point blank refuse to lower them, even if you're hundreds in credit.

They like dipping their hands into your Wallet.

I received Octopus' email about extending my Go once it ends in March, the numbers they use in their modelling aren't really helpful. They take my previous annual usage 4200KWH and then what they say is the average of off peak usage being 33.00% in their estimates.

When I look back at my actual bills it's constantly been more like 60% off peak usage, which reduces their estimate for Go by about £300.

I bet a lot of folks on here use more than 33% of their power offpeak.