Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Plans and renewals

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Octopus have just invited me to renew my tarriff. Some huge increases in cost.

Current Tarriff: Standing 25.00p, Day 14.63p/kw, Night 5p/kw
New Tarriff: Standing 23.58p, Day 22.00p/kw, Night 14p/kw (Flexible Octopus)

This means the cost of putting 30kw into your vehicle overnight has increased from £1.50 to £4.20 (180% price rise)
This means the cost of putting 30kw into your vehicle daytime has increased from £4.39 to £6.60 (50% price increase)

Does anyone know of any better tarriffs CURRENTLY available?

The thread title says Go but the prices you have quoted are for flexible. Go prices have not changed much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-100220_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819-100220_Chrome.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: ACarneiro
Octopus have just invited me to renew my tarriff. Some huge increases in cost.

Current Tarriff: Standing 25.00p, Day 14.63p/kw, Night 5p/kw
New Tarriff: Standing 23.58p, Day 22.00p/kw, Night 14p/kw (Flexible Octopus)

This means the cost of putting 30kw into your vehicle overnight has increased from £1.50 to £4.20 (180% price rise)
This means the cost of putting 30kw into your vehicle daytime has increased from £4.39 to £6.60 (50% price increase)

Does anyone know of any better tarriffs CURRENTLY available?

Still 5p kWh on website today: Octopus Energy

Agreed. If I knew how to retitle / edit the title I would. Maybe admin could just close the thread....
Thanks to all for contributing to solving that the issue is the unfortunate way Octopus issue their renewal invite.
the fact that Octopus do this is useful need to know info. you aren't the first and wont be the last confused by it so its a good thread. I learned something. just maybe a new title when the mods get a chance.

Maybe this link would allow you to start a new term with Go without faff of contacting Octopus;

I've switched to Octopus Go several times and each time just done it via that link (once when i joined octopus, once leaving agile, and once to start a new 12months term to lock in the rates before they went up).

I was in a similar situation with renewal due early September and those higher tariffs proffered.
I was on single rate electricity and recently had a smart meter fitted but they weren't billing me for gas!
I emailed octopus about the gas and asked about EV charging.
They fixed the gas bill and sent me a link to sign up for the GO tariff which I used to switch same day and good for the next 12 months :)