Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Smart Meter Experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AES came out today, the guy then said to me it just needs power cycling (the classic IT fix), 5 mins later and the meter is now broadcasting again and the IHD is working.

Sadly the reboot involves pulling the main fuse then reseting a switch within the smart meter, so not something I'm legally allowed to do if it goes wrong again.

Let's hope Octopus see the data quickly now so I can get moved over.

Reactions: Roy W.
Moved to octopus 15th November, smart meters fitted 3rd December, half hourly readings confirmed and offer to move onto Agile 9th December, less than 1 month from moving over and its done. Not sure I want to move from tracker V1 to Agile now based on prices at moment, have 28 days to decide.

Moved to octopus 15th November, smart meters fitted 3rd December, half hourly readings confirmed and offer to move onto Agile 9th December, less than 1 month from moving over and its done. Not sure I want to move from tracker V1 to Agile now based on prices at moment, have 28 days to decide.
I'd suggest holding out on Agile for a bit, maybe move to Go (4hours at 5p, rest at 14p) then swap to Agile in the spring? I believe you can switch between Go and Agile once every 30 days.

Oh, and hello fellow County-man.

Well, I finally seem to be up and running. IHD still not working but as I have a Powerwall I can see energy usage in real time anyway, so not too fussed.

Between “expressing an interest” and being up and running it’s been over 3 months.

Not great.

Is your online account updating now?

I'm concerned that the data is being saved on the meter at all which would mean me trying to get the good charge rates is pointless

AES came out today, the guy then said to me it just needs power cycling (the classic IT fix), 5 mins later and the meter is now broadcasting again and the IHD is working.

I had my (third) visit from AES yesterday, after some discussion about fitting a SKU2 comms hub with an external aerial they decided to do a power cycle instead. This was at the behest of their "Senior Technical" engineer back at base. Sadly 24 hours on my meter still appears to be offline, and the IHD hasn't worked since.

Looks like I'll have to be back on the phone to Octopus again on Monday!

Yeah I think I need this too, but having to wait 3 months for this, seems a bit OTT!

Mine hasn’t worked since the end of May, that was on Bulb though, Octopus had no issue in sending someone.

Sadly you can’t do it yourself, I asked the AES guy when he was here :)

I had my (third) visit from AES yesterday, after some discussion about fitting a SKU2 comms hub with an external aerial they decided to do a power cycle instead. This was at the behest of their "Senior Technical" engineer back at base. Sadly 24 hours on my meter still appears to be offline, and the IHD hasn't worked since.

Looks like I'll have to be back on the phone to Octopus again on Monday!

The engineer got the IHD working whilst he was here to prove it was all sorted.

Now just waiting for Octopus to start getting the readings.

Is your online account updating now?

I'm concerned that the data is being saved on the meter at all which would mean me trying to get the good charge rates is pointless
Turns out my online account is updated will all the readings since the meter was installed 2 weeks ago.
So that proves the meter was connected and sending readings to the DCC all along. God knows why Octopus took so long to commission it... :rolleyes:

Turns out my online account is updated will all the readings since the meter was installed 2 weeks ago.
So that proves the meter was connected and sending readings to the DCC all along. God knows why Octopus took so long to commission it... :rolleyes:

When our meter came online, it backfilled the readings in our account from the time of installation. It actually did this in at least two stages, with the earliest readings being updated last. So for a short while, we could initially only see the newest readings in our account, but not the oldest.

They usually do both at the same time. Having said that, my gas meter wasn’t flagged with the engineer even though I’d requested and got email confimation that both meters would be done. The engineer had to get permission befor he could proceed. I would contact Octopus to ensure the gas meter is on the job list. But if they don’t supply your gas probably they won’t

I had an appointment for a SMS install this morning, but after rearranging my day for it nobody turned up. Phoned SMS to be told that the appointment had been cancelled on Dec 23rd. Nobody had bothered to let me know! Fuming. Phoned Octopus and they have no explanation but have arrange a new date of Jan 25th with their own installers. So I'm forced to juice up with high price electrons for even longer.

Glad you bumped this up Stu, still having a nightmare here too...

Engineer came as I posted before, got the electricity meter working again, it still isn't showing for Octopus (been chasing them).

Fast forward to Saturday and it's all gone belly up, the IHD won't stop rebooting and I can see no readings for gas have been sent to Octopus.

To be honest, none of this is Octopus's fault, the who smart meter setup is just stupid