Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Odometer mileage upon delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good to know that 95 miles isn't too bad- I'm guessing that it didn't come off the line with 100% satisfaction. They probably needed to fix a couple of issues and drive it again to make sure everything checks out.

25 miles.

I think it's because it goes through a burn in run at the factory to make sure everything is running properly.

I thought "burn-in" had to do with the electronics. I assumed they would just power the car up and leave it for x hours, not drive it around for 25 to 100 miles. That amount of driving the car around "burning it in" must add a lot of time to the manufacturing process (and ultimately cost).

I thought "burn-in" had to do with the electronics. I assumed they would just power the car up and leave it for x hours, not drive it around for 25 to 100 miles. That amount of driving the car around "burning it in" must add a lot of time to the manufacturing process (and ultimately cost).

I'd rather not get a new car with just a few miles on it. That indicates that the QA process of thoroughly testing the driving dynamics of the final product was skimpy at best.

I'd rather not get a new car with just a few miles on it. That indicates that the QA process of thoroughly testing the driving dynamics of the final product was skimpy at best.

I suppose. I wonder if this was something they did with early production cars (like the Sigs) to ensure the quality of construction? It'll be interesting to see if this trend continues as production ramps up...