Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

^ "Over 3.4 million acres have already burned.” Last year was 10M acres.

It's not unthinkable that machine equipment from the same location would be wrapped using the same materials as auto components (but those were obviously Cybertruck components under the wrap in Austin).

Obviously? Of three pallets, two bear some resemblance to a cybertruck, but that's only due to a triangular shape which is formed any time a high point is created. The near pallet doesn't have the same high point on both sides. The far pallet has a much less pronounced peak, and is also asymmetric.
Instead of looking at the front left one first, Start by looking at the right most pallet, then decide if this looks like a group of CTs. As opposed to say, double stacked conveyer systems or carts.

SmartSelect_20210729-213406_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20210729-211245_Firefox.jpg

Obviously? Of three pallets, two bear some resemblance to a cybertruck, but that's only due to a triangular shape which is formed any time a high point is created. The near pallet doesn't have the same high point on both sides. The far pallet has a much less pronounced peak, and is also asymmetric.
Instead of looking at the front left one first, Start by looking at the right most pallet, then decide if this looks like a group of CTs. As opposed to say, double stacked conveyer systems or carts.

View attachment 690566View attachment 690568

FYI. not saying it looks like a Cybertruck, rather Cybertruck components, stamped but unassembled.

FYI. not saying it looks like a Cybertruck, rather Cybertruck components, stamped but unassembled.
I know I'm dense, but I don't get how a random pile of parts wrapped up that doesn't look like a thing is obviously a pile of parts for said thing.
Sure, it could be anything that fits within the volume, but what leads you to state it's obviously cybertruck?

I'm happy if it is CT, much waiting for one going on here, but I'm missing the data to support that view.

:D Aaannd, a 24-hours update. I had to answer a LOT of questions from them; they are, by the way Denverites. Got this text one minute ago:

Audie, we drove a Model Y again yesterday (me for the first time) and really liked it this time. I’ve actually never been so excited about a car. Both Geoff and I realized the adaptation to the one pedal driving wouldn’t take long and that we’d probably end up loving it. It was a real joy to drive. Probably going to go in today to place an order. Just have to work out the details of the package we want. Going to keep our fingers crossed a new federal rebate comes through in time, but I think there’s not going back to the Volvo now…. Thanks for your advice and time yesterday. I can only imagine how busy you guys are there right now!
"Going to go in today to to place an order"?
"Packages we want"?
They are taking about a Tesla, right?

Most of the medium-long timers here are objectively rich or at least very well off. Yet we do the same things we did back when we were poor, talk about Tesla.
Someday I will buy a dining room table and chairs - no I won’t. The mountain home has no formal dining room in the plans. So, yep SSDD just with duffel bags of cash under the bed. 🤷

Someday I will buy a dining room table and chairs - no I won’t. The mountain home has no formal dining room in the plans. So, yep SSDD just with duffel bags of cash under the bed. 🤷

Everyone's (gonna be) an investor 🤷‍♂️.

My ol man is rich. The greatest thing about that is I had the comfort of knowing I'd always have a place to eat and sleep. The other was he would willingly make loans to his children. I've only taken one loan from him, to buy my home. A day after he wrote the check he came by and gave me the payment book. 6 pages on a steno pad he had hand-written out. I still have it. This guy was Comptroller for NASA, and he took that night to break out the calculator and do all the math. the caveat with him is what he said when he gave me the "loan book." Son, here it is, you don't have to pay it back. But if you don't when it is time for the will to be read it will be on the ledger, and come out of your part."
I am his favorite (I think) because I paid it back as soon as I could get a better rate with a bank. All my brothers and sisters defaulted on at least one of their loans with him. And he told me that. He finds me "interesting."
But about a month ago I was visiting with him (he's close to 90), and I had a burning question that was created because of my recently accumulated "wealth." I still find myself ordering from the Dollar menu at McDonald's, and buying the value sized pack of the better functioning toilet paper, and not the softest. I asked him how he manages his entrenched mindset and behavior patterns. His answer was he does not. He's making more money than he can spend, and yet he still enjoys living life ...economically.
I fear I will be the same. The biggest difference between being rich and poor for the newly wealthy is trying to find motivation from somewhere other than doing what you do to meet your basic needs.
Get yourself the best toilet paper you can find man. You deserve it.

Being rich is a mentality. I grew up poor so I treat money as an essential and finite resource in life. My wife grew up well off so money is just a number to her. If she needs more she will get/ask/make more. I don’t know if that’s the better way to live life, but definitely the happier lol