Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mercedes-Benz on Twitter: "@Superalkaline11 @Tesla It got worse for them long time ago. 😎" / Twitter

In outright definance of the ban on poety, I leave this here for Mercedes:
(sung to the tune of "Old McDonald had a Farm")

♫ Ol' Mercedes had a fahren​
Ee I Ee I Q​
And on his fahren he had no cars​
Ee I Ee I Q ♫​
♫ With a mov-mov here​
And a mov-mov there​
Here a mov, there a mov​
Everywhere a mov-mov​
Ol' Mercedes had a fahren​
Ee I Ee I Q ♫​
Ee I Ee I Q​
And on his fahren he had no chicks​
Ee I Ee I Q ♫​
♫ With a tweet-tweet here​
And a tweet-tweet there​
Here a tweet, there a tweet​
Everywhere a tweet-tweet​
Ee I Ee I Q ♫​
Ee I Ee I Q​
And on his fahren he had just pigs​
Ee I Ee I Q ♫​
♫ With an oink-oink here​
And an oink-oink there​
Here an oink, there an oink​
Everywhere an oink-oink​
Ee I Ee I Q ♫​

Last edited:

I just ordered a gate for the mountain. First thing out of the artists’ mouth was, ‘I’m sorry about the pricing. The cost of metal has gone through the roof.’ I had to call 9 architecture firms to get one that could hit my schedule for house plans and it’s not like I’m asking them to be done in 3 days. …
Perhaps if your design requirements were a bit less, um, …

623CFC6B-3CD6-4BA3-B3B2-CF91EE7B43C4.jpeg

Right, because Northern VA is the center of the Universe, is immune to climate change, and dictates world trends.
It actually kind of is the center of the universe...70% of the world's internet traffic flows through Loudoun County😉

Regarding J.D. Power 2021 China New Energy Vehicle Initial Quality Study released today. Tesla's ranking falls to 3rd in midsize BEV, falling behind BYD's Han BEV and Xpeng's P7. Could be part of why TSLA fell today. J.D. Power sells their information direct to auto manufacturers, and since Tesla does not buy their type of information for promotional purposes it may be possible for information to be skewed to those who pay up? Also as there is a lag from their survey to publication it is possible that the majority of concerns for Tesla vehicles have already been addressed if survey were to be taken today.

Tesla drops down the rankings to ‘below average quality’ in mainland auto survey as Chinese EV makers move up
Tesla has dropped to ‘below average quality’ while three leading Chinese electric vehicle start-ups are now making ‘top-quality cars’ in their respective segments, according to a new survey, ratcheting up pressure on the global leader in the world’s…
Read in South China Morning Post: Tesla drops down the rankings to ‘below average quality’ in mainland auto survey as Chinese EV makers move up — South China Morning Post

View attachment 687050

Relevant

Seems like all kind of competitions feeling the need to response to Tesla latest releases.
Just wondering when/if GM will be able to address coverage gaps such as the perpetual construction zone on I95 (arrow) or the I95/I676 highway interchange which is not under construction. AP seems to handle both w/o issues (image from this page).
1627046807372.png

Just wondering when/if GM will be able to address coverage gaps such as the perpetual construction zone on I95 (arrow) or the I95/I676 highway interchange which is not under construction. AP seems to handle both w/o issues (image from this page).
View attachment 687212
You're braver than I if you use AP on that stretch of I95!

I will go way out of my way to avoid it, unless the time of day allows sane driving there, which is almost never. The locals (used to be one, and remember in the '60's when it was barely under construction, and ended at Shackamaxon Street) use the road as a demolition derby. The amount of debris inches from the left barriers means you're inches from punctured tires. It's not for the meek.

While AP does do well there, it's not worth the aggravation of driving through Philly. It's one of the few stretches of road I avoid, or turn AP off if I am forced to take it.

I'd love to see FSD Beta 9 used there. I'd claim FSD a final release candidate at that point!

• Informative
Reactions: AZRI11
FWIW I sold my 2018 48k mile Model 3 yesterday for $4k less than I paid. I went to the local sales center and asked "On the off chance, Do you have any Performance Model 3's in inventory in the tri-state area?"

They showed me their internal inventory system. Not a single Model 3 available of any kind in the entire United States.

#demandProblem

I am trying to sell my car and no takers so far but I live in South Carolina. 2018 Model 3 Performance Stealth with 21.5k miles and FSD for $53k with aftermarket wheels and I have the stock wheels.

Where did you list yours?

OT - Begging to differ: transistors were THE silver bullet for Computing - displacing mechanical gears, then vacuum tubes - history 101 :D
and Marty Hellman's Diffie-Hellman results/ method in cryptography is/ was the silver bullet for secure transactions and now cryptos ...
Fourier's Central Slice theorem is the silver bullet for Tomography (known a century before someone figured out how to use it for practical CT scans)
( .. your input here )

And of course...
Rocket reusability is the silver bullet for Mars colonization
Tesla is the silver bullet to kill dinosaur ICE's
They said "computer science" which is the theoretical/ algorithm/ math side of things vs computer engineering which deals with the actual hardware.
Computer Science vs. Computer Engineering: What's the Difference?

Reactions: CLK350
They said "computer science" which is the theoretical/ algorithm/ math side of things vs computer engineering which deals with the actual hardware.
Computer Science vs. Computer Engineering: What's the Difference?
Hah - touche .. altho ...

1/ @TheTalkingMule point wasn't properly addressed by @Drezil, EV's and Global Warming aren't in same "category"

2/ I'm a bit hesitant to draw such sharp lines between "computer science" and "computer technology", as they both are man made artificial nomenclatures, practical, but constraining. For example would Keller be a one or the other? I would say he's both, and that what makes his contributions so remarkable (he saved AMD's lunch, paved the way for AMD now dominance, saved Intel's, pushed Tesla's FSD a notch above ...
And in the past, mathematicians were also physicists, even logicians and philosophers.