Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hah - touche .. altho ...

1/ @TheTalkingMule point wasn't properly addressed by @Drezil, EV's and Global Warming aren't in same "category"

2/ I'm a bit hesitant to draw such sharp lines between "computer science" and "computer technology", as they both are man made artificial nomenclatures, practical, but constraining. For example would Keller be a one or the other? I would say he's both, and that what makes his contributions so remarkable (he saved AMD's lunch, paved the way for AMD now dominance, saved Intel's, pushed Tesla's FSD a notch above ...
And in the past, mathematicians were also physicists, even logicians and philosophers.
Sure, but HW is different than SW, which isn't to say peeps can't do/ be both.
OT: Had I gone for a computer science major, I would have been required to take a foreign language, thus proving they are completely different! :D

Reactions: CLK350
Sure, but HW is different than SW, which isn't to say peeps can't do/ be both.
OT: Had I gone for a computer science major, I would have been required to take a foreign language, thus proving they are completely different! :D
Actually, back to the OP: ... couldn't it be said that OOP (Object Oriented Programming), NN (Neural Network vs rule based AI), and possibly soon Quantum Computing are essentially silver bullets in Comp Sci?

OT. Had my durn Physics teachers (in France) not so math minded ... etc. But as Belman's Dynamic programming approach says, " if you don't do now what is optimal you won't get what you wished .. "

Actually, back to the OP: ... couldn't it be said that OOP (Object Oriented Programming), NN (Neural Network vs rule based AI), and possibly soon Quantum Computing are essentially silver bullets in Comp Sci?

OT. Had my durn Physics teachers (in France) not so math minded ... etc. But as Belman's Dynamic programming approach says, " if you don't do now what is optimal you won't get what you wished .. "
Maybe NN, but I think you need to fully refine the ins and outs for training, if you want proven 100% accuracy which defeats any advantage. Quantum speeds things up which helps, but how do you validate process/ results? (again, I'm not comp sci so shrug)

Similar to 'Broken gets fixed, jankity lasts forever.'
But avoid early optimization....

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
1627326408902.png

thinking: "1 + 2 = 3"
"1 + 2 = 12" is not thinking, it is just a BS

There is ZERO backlash against 'waterproof' critique ... even more, it is VERY VERY VERY welcome, as it brings much value. It may not make everyone happy, but is welcome.... and is not even critique but added value.
Please please please tell me what is wrong with the picture that I'm seeing.

But make sure it really is wrong, not just some stupid BS spreading FUD.
Then some rando jumps in missing the point by making an OT post arguing that, indeed, "1"+"2"= "12"

Then they also bring up that a certain poster's name make them think of a dyslexic Flintstones character. And they chuckle to themself as they wait for 7 eastern.

(Then , full of regret and shame, moves their own post to the OT thread)

• Funny
Reactions: wipster

La critique est facile, l'art est difficile - Criticism is easy, art is hard.
That's a creative solution for a bad mistake - mistakes in software development are VERY hard to avoid. Not an excuse but:

I would give Diess / VW a pass - he did what he had to do with what he had available at the time - remember, he's in Germany with all these software engineers he has, they are asked to do sth new to them, Diess also has to contend with the Porsche inside opposition ..
VW is so far (besides the Chinese who have no choice) the only car maker who is serious about transitioning to EV's - all others (GM etc ) are into "deals" with Chinese companies who will provide the powertrain, batteries, etc.

Tesla (Elon) did a similar huge mistake back in '18 with over automating the product lines for the M3 .. fortunately they found a practical solution (the Tents )

Reactions: M|S|M MYP
I was in the mood for some fast-food this afternoon, so I went out for some Yogen Fruz. Ended up buying a Tesla Model Y instead...

View attachment 689412

Pearl White, LR AWD, 19", Tow package, 7-seater, FSD. (std w. 'bioweapons defense mode' HEPA filter, no radar, 530 km rge). About $82K CAD for est'd November delivery (get in line now, folks).

BTW, the full-vision FSD package performed spectacularly on the highway portion of my test drive, and (at least for now here in Canada) FSD costs the equiv. of only $8,880 USD ($10,600 CAD).

View attachment 689415

Spectacular Motor, can not wait! Will pay all cash; selling zero TSLA shares to fund this. :cool: :

Cheers!

P.S. I ran every day this month except on my birthday. Looking forward to many years (decades?) of spectacular hiking trips in our fantastic National Parks across N. America (I have a park passport). FSD is going to see a lot of miles with this Motor, as will the SuC v3 network.

V. happy. :D
a Toronto St Pats Jersey?