Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting colour. This is a very short parking space for the UK but illustrates the problem that we have with larger vehicles:
IMG_4515.jpeg

IMG_4516.jpeg

As of this writing I’m still logging into my TD Ameritrade account and able to make trades. I know its coming, but I have not been moved over to Schwab yet.

I haven't been notified of my TDA account being migrated yet either.

From what I've read, the longer you've been with TDA the later your migration date will be, and I've been with Ameritrade since the late 90's, soooo.....

Can you explain please?
Social engineering is the fancy term for it. Some of us are more technical than others and people looking to steal from you can use that to their advantage.

Usernames often contain personal info such as name, year of birth, birthdays, favorite animal names, etc. Many people do not pick secure passwords.

So, over time, someone on here could gather information about members and gradually build a profile to either guess a user's password or trigger a reset.

I've left some info out of this post, intentionally.

Recommended things:

have a unique password for everything. Don't use the same password for multiple websites / accounts.

Use 2-factor authentication on your accounts

Do not include any personal information in your username

Be careful what personal info you choose to disclose online. The internet is forever.

Personal example: in 2000, I created an account online for a popular video game. In 2013, I used the same login for the sequel to that game. One month after I started playing, I logged in to find my account wiped out.

What happened? The original password was not stored in an encrypted fashion back in 2000. Sometime in the years in between, the database of users was compromised. That data was likely sold on several lists used by thieves. Then either someone was patient for the new game to release and be used for a month or, more likely, someone bought the list after the new game was out and then used it to compromise accounts re-using the same credentials.

Social engineering is the fancy term for it. Some of us are more technical than others and people looking to steal from you can use that to their advantage.

Usernames often contain personal info such as name, year of birth, birthdays, favorite animal names, etc. Many people do not pick secure passwords.

So, over time, someone on here could gather information about members and gradually build a profile to either guess a user's password or trigger a reset.

I've left some info out of this post, intentionally.

Recommended things:

have a unique password for everything. Don't use the same password for multiple websites / accounts.

Use 2-factor authentication on your accounts

Do not include any personal information in your username

Be careful what personal info you choose to disclose online. The internet is forever.

Personal example: in 2000, I created an account online for a popular video game. In 2013, I used the same login for the sequel to that game. One month after I started playing, I logged in to find my account wiped out.

What happened? The original password was not stored in an encrypted fashion back in 2000. Sometime in the years in between, the database of users was compromised. That data was likely sold on several lists used by thieves. Then either someone was patient for the new game to release and be used for a month or, more likely, someone bought the list after the new game was out and then used it to compromise accounts re-using the same credentials.

What about all those AIM messages in K-12 and college though?!!?!?!?

Edit: I jest, but its a legit problem

Because they pay quite a bit LESS than any UAW OEM, and IF the UAW supplier human capital OEM have to go UP, then any NO UAW manufacturer is going to see a higher demand premium on labor.. MBUSA and BMWUSAs have already made some small changes to hourly labor concessions in the past three months, TSLA at ~ 65% of UAW OEM labor rates currently, should see some pressure.

Skate to where the puck is GOING, not where it IS currently.

Going to have to go dig into this, but IIRC Elon said Tesla paid better than UAW in total compensation.

EDIT - devil is in the details. Apparently Tesla pays $45-50/h including benefits vs. 64-76 for the big 3 with UAW. BUT, and this is the key - Tesla's figure does not include stock options, which even part-time employees with Tesla get, and historically means that anyone that worked at Tesla for a few years, especially recently, would have done much better than UAW rate pay.

BTW - my 0.02, it's a crazy crazy world when someone with a high-school education working an auto line get $60+/h and is threatening to strike unless they get a 40% pay raise.

Next year - expect doctors to demand $1000/h.

Last edited:
Because they pay quite a bit LESS than any UAW OEM, and IF the UAW supplier human capital OEM have to go UP, then any NO UAW manufacturer is going to see a higher demand premium on labor.. MBUSA and BMWUSAs have already made some small changes to hourly labor concessions in the past three months, TSLA at ~ 65% of UAW OEM labor rates currently, should see some pressure.

Elon Musk said:
We pay more than the UAW btw, but performance expectations are also higher.

Going to have to go dig into this, but IIRC Elon said Tesla paid better than UAW in total compensation.

EDIT - devil is in the details. Apparently Tesla pays $45-50/h including benefits vs. 64-76 for the big 3 with UAW. BUT, and this is the key - Tesla's figure does not include stock options, which even part-time employees with Tesla get, and historically means that anyone that worked at Tesla for a few years, especially recently, would have done much better than UAW rate pay.

BTW - my 0.02, it's a crazy crazy world when someone with a high-school education working an auto line get $60+/h and is threatening to strike unless they get a 40% pay raise.

Next year - expect doctors to demand $1000/h.
Don’t dr. Already BILL $1000/hr, at least PCP around here do.

has anyone actually checked their insurance billing? I mean, yes you pay a 25-35$ “co-pay”, but they have billed insurance 350-450$ for a 15 minute visit. Your insurance has an allowable amount of $250-275$ for that visit, and yes you only pay a copay. For a 30 minute say “new patient” visit, it’s like $560, with $525 allowable, and a same $25-35$ copay, so they already “bill” $1000 per hour technically.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Holder
Don’t dr. Already BILL $1000/hr, at least PCP around here do.

has anyone actually checked their insurance billing? I mean, yes you pay a 25-35$ “co-pay”, but they have billed insurance 350-450$ for a 15 minute visit. Your insurance has an allowable amount of $250-275$ for that visit, and yes you only pay a copay. For a 30 minute say “new patient” visit, it’s like $560, with $525 allowable, and a same $25-35$ copay, so they already “bill” $1000 per hour technically.

I'm a doc. We don't come close to $1000/h. The hospitals however do. Facility charges are bonkers. Physician charges are regulated by insurance. We can "bill" whatever, but insurance will not pay anything over their set rates.

I'm a doc. We don't come close to $1000/h. The hospitals however do. Facility charges are bonkers. Physician charges are regulated by insurance. We can "bill" whatever, but insurance will not pay anything over their set rates.
OT

Yeah not talking about hospitals but just primary care clinics around here. So dr offices. Of course insurance won’t pay more than the “allowable amount”. But I guess that is what goes into the annual negotiations.

OT

We flew into Vancouver on Tuesday evening. During the 15 minutes we were waiting for our shuttle to our hotel, we counted 11 Teslas driving by, all Y's and 3's, with Y's edging out the 3's. BULLISH!

During our site-seeing adventures, it is clear that Teslas are the most popular car here. A few S's and X's, but just an incredible number of Y's and 3's. There always seems to be one in view at all times, sometimes several in a row. VERY BULLISH!

As we were entering Granville Island, I took a picture of the entrance. Then I told my wife I wanted to wait and get a picture when a Tesla drives out. Normally she gets a little impatient when I "wait for the best picture", but this time it was less than a minute:

1694796934456.jpeg

Seeing all these Teslas is making us miss our Tesla and making us very sad:

1694797308563.jpeg

(We needed this!)