Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Serious Question: Does FSD now really allows you to eat while it is driving?

I have a feeling that it does, although quite often it asks you to "Apply slight turning force on the wheel."
I assume it is possible to hold a burger with BOTH hands, and when that nagging message pops, you just rub pull the wheel with the edge with your palm?
Why on gods green earth are you eating while driving?

Where O where is all that time you saved....in a bank somewhere you can pull it out and use it ?

Sit down with loved ones....put the phone and laptop away....eat enjoy your meal ...look into your significant others eye's and enjoy life.

Where O where is all that time you saved....in a bank somewhere you can pull it out and use it ?

Sit down with loved ones....put the phone and laptop away....eat enjoy your meal ...look into your significant others eye's and enjoy life.
You don't travel for work, do you?

Our long road trips always have delay and we need to buy fast food and eat on the car.
However, as I mentioned in the end of my post, with Tesla cars you always have to do super charing and wait, so you have plenty of time to eat. No need to eat whiling driving.

I have a feeling that it does, although quite often it asks you to "Apply slight turning force on the wheel."
I assume it is possible to hold a burger with BOTH hands and when that nagging message pops, you just rub pull the wheel with the edge with your palm?

I think this is also a game-changing thing, because now you can buy a bag of food and drag items out with BOTH hands, unlike previously that you have to hold the wheel with one hand, and the other hand blindly grab items out.

You can even eat box food, one hand hold the box and the other the fork.

Ah.... maybe you don't need this at all. When you do super charging on a long trip, you have plenty of time eating with both hands.
We always eat while Supercharging. Never needed to eat while driving. Usually the charging finishes long before the eating is done.

I assume it is possible to hold a burger with BOTH hands and when that nagging message pops, you just rub pull the wheel with the edge with your palm?

I think this is also a game-changing thing, because now you can buy a bag of food and drag items out with BOTH hands, unlike previously that you have to hold the wheel with one hand, and the other hand blindly grab items out.

You can even eat box food, one hand hold the box and the other the fork.

Ah.... maybe you don't need this at all. When you do super charging on a long trip, you have plenty of time eating with both hands.
On the highway V12.3.3 is very, very forgiving as far as nags. It may be the most tame verson yet. I understand it is really V11.x under the hood for highways for now, but the nag engine got a major overhaul with V12.3.3. I honestly think less nags is less dangerous. Too many nags were unecessary. On city and rural roads, V12.3.3 is much less forgiving.

I have eaten while being driven by Autopilot on the highway in 2016, and ever since. Nags can't keep me down, just ask my ex-wife! Zing!

Reactions: FSDtester#1
We always eat while Supercharging. Never needed to eat while driving. Usually the charging finishes long before the eating is done.
So does Tom Brady. :cool:

1712340526152.png

Telsa Filed with SEC today:

On April 17, 2024, Tesla, Inc. (“Tesla”) launched a website, www.SupportTeslaValue.com, in connection with its 2024 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.

www.SupportTeslaValue.com

1713387420406.png

1713387432091.png

A CEO Performance Award 100%​

Aligned with Stockholder Interests (Edit: except when he stirs the pot tweeting divisive posts and pokes fun at the sitting US president and other governing persons and offices whose graces Tesla Corp. needs, but we won't talk about that right now)

01​

In 2018, Tesla’s Board of Directors asked stockholders to approve a CEO Performance Award that incentivized Elon to meet staggering financial and operational objectives over a 10-year period. Stockholders did – by a wide margin.

02​

In just five years, Elon delivered by hitting every single “jaw-dropping” key milestone in the plan to deliver a total shareholder return of nearly 1,100%.

03​

Six years later, a Delaware Court stepped in to side with a plaintiff who owned just nine Tesla shares when he sued and ordered the plan be cancelled, despite overwhelming approval from holders of millions of shares.

04​

Unlike most CEOs, Elon was entitled to receive NO salary, NO cash bonuses, and NO equity that would vest simply by the passage of time. Instead, he was asked to deliver the type of exponential value creation most thought was impossible – or get nothing.

05​

Elon was also required to hold any shares awarded through stock options for five years after the option was exercised, meaning that he was not only incentivized to achieve remarkable results at the time to earn his compensation, but to also continue to drive growth for five more years.

06​

As stockholders recognized by voting in favor in 2018, the ultra-ambitious plan was simple: if stockholders and the Company benefit, so does Elon.

Last edited:
(Edit: except when he stirs the pot tweeting divisive posts and pokes fun at the sitting US president and other governing persons and offices whose graces Tesla Corp. needs, but we won't talk about that right now)
I'm fine with the compensation plan in theory, but practice has shown that Elon acts as an irresponsible shareholder in things like dumping TSLA shares for the twaddle purchase. His faux survey on paying taxes was also bad, but not the same magnitude. If he wants shareholder support for his actions there needs to be a clear code of conduct that he agrees to.

...and then you get to the real bugaloo; without a salary his three options for paying living expenses and child support are to sell shares, mortgage shares, or have the company cover those costs. I guess there is a fourth-- to have him focus more energy on making money with another endeavour.

So, I am voting no on both the compensation plan and the reincorporation in Texas. I'm perfectly fine if I am the only one; it gives me the ability to stand on principle.

I'm fine with the compensation plan in theory, but practice has shown that Elon acts as an irresponsible shareholder in things like dumping TSLA shares for the twaddle purchase. His faux survey on paying taxes was also bad, but not the same magnitude. If he wants shareholder support for his actions there needs to be a clear code of conduct that he agrees to.

...and then you get to the real bugaloo; without a salary his three options for paying living expenses and child support are to sell shares, mortgage shares, or have the company cover those costs. I guess there is a fourth-- to have him focus more energy on making money with another endeavour.

So, I am voting no on both the compensation plan and the reincorporation in Texas. I'm perfectly fine if I am the only one; it gives me the ability to stand on principle.
He can’t complain about not having 25% voting if he keeps selling off his shares, right?

Do we know if the dates would stay the same? Will he still have that big tax sale in 2026 or 2027?

If he wants shareholder support for his actions there needs to be a clear code of conduct that he agrees to.

I'm 100% for this, but I doubt it's possible at this point in his life. Like Issacson wrote, we get the master AND the demon that comes with it. Break them apart and neither stands. They feed each other. (Whether that's true or not...)

I'm with you on both the tax poll and the irresponsible selling. Yes I appreciate what he achieved to get us to ATH in Nov 2021, but to then act the way he did was infantile and unforgivable

And even worse were the toothless BoD, who stood by and did nothing, except cashing-in shares, of course

I'm 100% for this, but I doubt it's possible at this point in his life.
The board might not be able to rein in what he says on twitter, but putting his shares in a trusteeship with a sale/withdrawl plan outlined 12 months in advance is not crazy when you are gifting someone $50B.

(In the trusteeship type of structure, he says 12 months in advance how much money he wants on that day, and the trustee manages cash to ensure it is available when needed. Even if you want to spend $1B/year it becomes manageable for the market as shares are disposed of regularly and in an orderly fashion. The trustee can also diversify some over time for flexibility.)

On April 17, 2024, Tesla, Inc. (“Tesla”) launched a website, www.SupportTeslaValue.com, in connection with its 2024 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.

www.SupportTeslaValue.com

A CEO Performance Award 100%​

Aligned with Stockholder Interests (Edit: except when he stirs the pot tweeting divisive posts and pokes fun at the sitting US president and other governing persons and offices whose graces Tesla Corp. needs, but we won't talk about that right now)

01​

In 2018, Tesla’s Board of Directors asked stockholders to approve a CEO Performance Award that incentivized Elon to meet staggering financial and operational objectives over a 10-year period. Stockholders did – by a wide margin.

02​

In just five years, Elon delivered by hitting every single “jaw-dropping” key milestone in the plan to deliver a total shareholder return of nearly 1,100%.

03​

Six years later, a Delaware Court stepped in to side with a plaintiff who owned just nine Tesla shares when he sued and ordered the plan be cancelled, despite overwhelming approval from holders of millions of shares.

04​

Unlike most CEOs, Elon was entitled to receive NO salary, NO cash bonuses, and NO equity that would vest simply by the passage of time. Instead, he was asked to deliver the type of exponential value creation most thought was impossible – or get nothing.

05​

Elon was also required to hold any shares awarded through stock options for five years after the option was exercised, meaning that he was not only incentivized to achieve remarkable results at the time to earn his compensation, but to also continue to drive growth for five more years.

06​

As stockholders recognized by voting in favor in 2018, the ultra-ambitious plan was simple: if stockholders and the Company benefit, so does Elon.
I’m still a shareholder, there’s no world I would sign this in, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be in the minority.