Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doubt it, usually when Cubs win bad things happen. Case in point 2016 World Series lead led to disaster.

Sadly, that may be true, if not winning another World Series is a disaster. Much like after 2005 for my second favorite team, the White Sox. ;)

Of course those are just some other people playing games. My original baseball comment was with tongue in cheek. Far more importantly, Tesla is working at transforming transportation. I don't bet on baseball. But I am betting on the success of Tesla. :cool:

Last edited:
Here is my list of stuff I've bought so far thanks to TSLA:

- 3 Tesla themed shirts
- 1 Tesla baseball hap
- 1 Tesla wool knit cap
- A Model S matchbox

And that's pretty much it so far! Still holding all of my shares. Early next year I'll have one more big purchase thanks to TSLA:

- 2022 Model Y LR

:D

Was thinking of getting some Tesla shwag for my family actually! thanks for the reminder

Reactions: Artful Dodger
Here is my list of stuff I've bought so far thanks to TSLA:

- 3 Tesla themed shirts
- 1 Tesla baseball hap
- 1 Tesla wool knit cap
- A Model S matchbox

And that's pretty much it so far! Still holding all of my shares. Early next year I'll have one more big purchase thanks to TSLA:

- 2022 Model Y LR

:D

Here's the list of every single thing I have bought so far with my TSLA earnings:
  • more TSLA
Lol, but I do intend to buy a nice Model Y SR/LFP 7-seater with FSD. You know, for those quick laps around N. America... :D

Cheers!

Here's the list of every single thing I have bought so far with my TSLA earnings:
  • more TSLA
Lol, but I do intend to buy a nice Model Y SR/LFP 7-seater with FSD. You know, for those quick laps around N. America... :D

Cheers!

...I bought 30+ christmas presents and hand-delivered them to family and friends (to thank them for the support over the years) in my Tesla Model 3 Performance and called myself TSLA-claus (not lying)

My kids go to preschool (Twin 20 month olds) and I was able to get my Performance Y last year when they started. We were the only Tesla family at the time!
I got every kids onesie and other apparel for them and they were the Tesla kids.......
Now there are about 10 Tesla families and other kids with swag... totally ruined it
/s

A year in with the Y and it's great! Can't wait for our refresh X to get here and retire our minivan. Cybertruck will be here after that I suppose

(the Los Angeles metro area is the size of the island of Ireland).
I realise everything is always biggest in the USA, but that is a somewhat exaggerated claim

Capture.JPG

I realise everything is always biggest in the USA, but that is a somewhat exaggerated claim

View attachment 682882

@RobStark beat me to it. I believe there are some cities in Asia that take up more space than Los Angeles (and have much larger populations), but the Los Angeles metro area takes up the most territory of any metro area in the western world. Los Angeles has had a culture of single family homes on lots that are at least 5000 sq ft (464 sq m) for a few generations. It has driven the metro area further and further out of the city itself. The lot of the house I grew up in was 7000 sq ft (650 sq m). It was built in the mid-1950s and was average size for the era.

One of the reasons California has worsening wild fires is partially due to changes in the climate, but two other factors are the electric utilities have been remiss on keeping trees back from power lines (they spent their maintenance budgets on dividends for shareholders), and more people live in areas prone to wildfires. That's the only places left to build.

A friend of mine's brother lived in one of those towns east of San Diego built in what was wildland. The terrain is rough with deep gullies. They built houses along the tops of the gullies with scenic views of the gullies full of dry brush. A wild fire ripped through the neighborhood and burned down half the houses. His brother's house survived, but he moved to Idaho a couple of months later.

The Island of Ireland is 32,599 square miles

View attachment 682883

27k of "Greater LA's" 33k+ square miles are Riverside and San Bernadino counties, which stretch all the way to AZ & NV. 95% is desert plus some mountains:
Yucca_Valley_California_2017.jpg

It also includes Ventura county, which is about 80% ag/mountain/desert:
California_Orange_Grove2.jpg

And even half of LA county is basically uninhabited:
_mg_5632.jpg

The actual populated metropolitan area is outlined in red here. Plus the cities of Riverside and San Bernadino, if you wish. Maybe 3000 square miles.
GreaterLAmap.png

27k of "Greater LA's" 33k+ square miles are Riverside and San Bernadino counties, which stretch all the way to AZ & NV. 95% is desert plus some mountains:

It also includes Ventura county, which is about 80% ag/mountain/desert:

And even half of LA county is basically uninhabited:

The actual populated metropolitan area is outlined in red here. Plus the cities of Riverside and San Bernadino, if you wish. Maybe 3000 square miles.
GreaterLAmap.png
Thank you doggydog. As you quite correctly suggest the claimed urban limits of LA are nonsensical in this context.

People scoff and mock others when they mention a ‘conspiracy theory’ and yet history has repeatedly revealed after the fact many very real, extensive collusion events such as the above.

*We* are in fact capable of evil doings. And while some conspiracy theorists are off their medications (yeah, pointing my finger at those who think anyone who just got vaccinated for COVID now have microchips in their arms or have been magnetized) never doubt the ability of humans to mastermind a devious plan and execute it.

Hello, they have documented VIDEOS of monkeys and humans connected to exhaust tailpipes. They KNEW exhaust was poison decades ago.

Hello, TSLA naked short sellers and manipulators. $650 close today, right? Because that just happens to be the investor balance point of buy and sell today. 🙄
I highly recommend watching The Corporation - Documentary - YouTube

It’s a pretty insightful look at how most corporations are practically legally doomed to be in the business of raping whom- or what-ever it takes to make a buck. And conspiracies are part & parcel of that process