Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW I saw another Plaid this morning on the local roads. I've seen several in the past week around me in a variety of colors. Pretty sure one of them was Ryan Reynolds. They're clearly rolling out seriously at this point. Catchphrase!

p.s. it is a little embarrassing having my PLAID license plate on a Model 3 when an actual Plaid is behind me at a light. Come on Roadster!
Did you see any colors that are NOT white, black, blue, red or midnight silver? Would love to see some new colors.

Reactions: Cape Coddess
As those are the only colors Tesla currently makes, no. New colors in Austin I presume.
I'm specifically in the market for Plaid. As far as I know, Plaid are not scheduled to come out of Austin. I have already had the two colors I like, white and silver, in my first 2 Model Ss. (2013 and 2018). I have a refreshed red with white interior coming for my wife in the next month or so. Hoping to have bigger choice of colors when I order the plaid. Thanks.

Reactions: phantasms
I'm specifically in the market for Plaid. As far as I know, Plaid are not scheduled to come out of Austin. I have already had the two colors I like, white and silver, in my first 2 Model Ss. (2013 and 2018). I have a refreshed red with white interior coming for my wife in the next month or so. Hoping to have bigger choice of colors when I order the plaid. Thanks.
You can always wrap it any color you want (found this company on the internet, have no direct knowledge)...

Edit: How about this color?
rtc8ulkh92y21.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't watched the Inspiration4 doc on Netflix, I don't know what you've been doing....Launch is tomorrow at 8:02 EDT. Here's the thread about it on here:

The state is seeking to force the companies to include stickers or labels at gas pumps warning Vermonters about the products’ impact on the environment, in addition to fines and other measures.

Don't get me wrong, oil companies suck.... but did you ever meet a smoker who decided to stop because the pack had a cancer warning on the side?

Me neither.

So it reads to me a lot like an attorney general wanting good press to run for higher office later.

Don't get me wrong, oil companies suck.... but did you ever meet a smoker who decided to stop because the pack had a cancer warning on the side?

Me neither.

So it reads to me a lot like an attorney general wanting good press to run for higher office later.

Indeed but did you see what those warnings did to the number of people taking up smoking?

"Smokers lower in nicotine dependence were less likely to purchase cigarettes when graphic health warning labels were present (estimated probability of 0.51) compared with the when they were absent (estimated probability of 0.71).

Hearts & minds & all that......

Will Bezos stop the lawsuits now? I’m hopeful but don’t think he’ll stop.

Reactions: scaesare
If you haven't watched the Inspiration4 doc on Netflix, I don't know what you've been doing....Launch is tomorrow at 8:02 EDT. Here's the thread about it on here:

Great series, just finished it and looked up the launch time. In the series Jarod was talking about a dawn launch and dawn landing. It was a relief for my missus to learn it is scheduled for an evening slot.

To be clear, the 5 hour launch window opens at 20:02 EDT. Chances are that will be the launch time, but, space is hard.

Fingers crossed the SP will take from this Inspiration 4 its trajectory... 2 da Moon

Nah let him, he's part of the show. Compare him to Jared Isaacman .. chuckles (listen to his and the other civilian astronauts on YouTube or NetFlix) - Jeff et al look pretty flat and petty in comparison.

That Inspiration movie on Netflix is great

SPCX.Inspiration4.Jared.Rock.jpg

Last edited:
Just to be clear, this is a different contract than the one Blue Origin is protesting.

LOL. Good catch. Cycling tans are horrible, but the 50 year old flexing shots are nice.... 🤣
(Sorry Krugerrand)

I'm liking the price action. My sold Puts and Calls below and above the current SP (respectively) are doing very well. I used to think that the SP would start climbing a few weeks before an obvious positive event (Q3 numbers). But lately it seems that Wall Street is very good at playing Chicken, and they are able to wait until a few days before to start buying (I predict we close next week below 800). After my covered calls expire on Sept. 24th, I'm not selling any more until AFTER Oct 3rd.

Attachments

• 39D9D908-1EAC-4356-9FBF-FF4542F0AFB7.jpeg
    39D9D908-1EAC-4356-9FBF-FF4542F0AFB7.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
LOL. Good catch. Cycling tans are horrible, but the 50 year old flexing shots are nice.... 🤣
(Sorry Krugerrand)

I'm liking the price action. My sold Puts and Calls below and above the current SP (respectively) are doing very well. I used to think that the SP would start climbing a few weeks before an obvious positive event (Q3 numbers). But lately it seems that Wall Street is very good at playing Chicken, and they are able to wait until a few days before to start buying (I predict we close next week below 800). After my covered calls expire on Sept. 24th, I'm not selling any more until AFTER Oct 3rd.
F756E6C5-B383-4C9D-99FC-010BBF8B4AB6.jpeg