Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Off topic galore

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I agree with you on most things, the more I investigate about them, their partnerships, and their potential locations, the more I think the maker of iPhones can be serious competition (and maybe a partner in some locations).

I realize that presentation is loooong and I should have given a good place to start watching (which is around an hour in), but that Model E is a pretty awesome car! The completely dimmable windows all around are pretty trick! Didn't get a price yet, but pretty sure it will be competitive. Laugh if you will but mark my words... this ain't no toy.
My understanding is dimmable windows are only clear when the power is on. I think that precludes them from being used in vehicles. Clear should be the default state for safety.

My understanding is dimmable windows are only clear when the power is on. I think that precludes them from being used in vehicles. Clear should be the default state for safety.
Maybe in the US, and that's now, things change. They're certainly demonstrated in that model E (damn them all to hell).

And it appeared that windows became clear when the power was turned off (if the power is ever truly off in an EV that is) and the door opened.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jerry33
for every woke lefty cancelling their order, there will be a NRA MAGA making an order

LoL. Have you SEEN the trucks these people buy? Many are over 100k.

They certainly have the income.
They do but when a large part of their identity is denying climate change and rolling coal they may love what Elon says but they aren't going to suddenly change who they are and start buying EV's. There are probably more "woke leftys" willing to hold their nose and buy an EV in spite of Elon.

They do but when a large part of their identity is denying climate change and rolling coal they may love what Elon says but they aren't going to suddenly change who they are and start buying EV's. There are probably more "woke leftys" willing to hold their nose and buy an EV in spite of Elon.

Clearly you have spent zero time at drag strips.

Those MAGAs will "hold their nose" and buy a Plaid Model S just to win real money at the strip (and there are plenty of YT videos of such to back up this claim).

Believe it or not the denizens of drag strips are not the majority of MAGAs, and how many Plaids are sold to race? Probably less than 100/year. Yes I watched a lot of YT drag races. The MAGA crowd will be the last holdouts in the move to EV's, Cybertruck will probably be the big motivator a few years from now after all the reservation holders get theirs.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke

1668359786873.png

Reactions: traxila
The entire market dropped a bit - probably due to two stray Russian missiles hitting Poland. This might make everyone nervous a bit. I suspect it will be good medium and long term, as NATO is now more likely to send higher tech/longer range weapons to Ukraine, speeding up the end of the war/Russian defeat.

How the heck do you have missiles "stray off course" that far?

A way Off…..uh…Target post, but -

a very quick look at an Eastern European map suggests that the wildly wayward missiles hitting Poland instead of Kyiv were this far off:

They altermatively could have landed in Moscow🎯
Post I saw suggested they were aimed at Lviv which is very near the Polish border. (About ~60 miles closest. Still pretty far off)