Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Button itself is an easy update.

The question is - when will fsd beta start rolling out to people who requested using the button. Thats the tough one.
Funny, I am the opposite. In my understanding, the button actually showing up is the big question mark. But once it does, it seems to me that the process was very well defined and you'd get access in 1 week, providing you pass the Insurance test

Funny, I am the opposite. In my understanding, the button actually showing up is the big question mark. But once it does, it seems to me that the process was very well defined and you'd get access in 1 week, providing you pass the Insurance test
Button appearing is a big public thing. They can start releasing beta to a few folks in the beginning slowly ... and Musk can just say we have started expanding beta, but slowly.

AP on city streets doesn't trigger collision and lane departure warnings (since AP is making sure to be in the center of the lane and TACC is on). What it does trigger are nags. I use AP on city streets all the time and I've never got lane departure and forward collision warnings.
Picked up my model 3 in Sep 2018 and for some reason I've been having false collision warnings, about 4 of them, over the past two months. Never had that happen before.

Elon did at least say it'll show in real-time how you're doing, so you should be able to correct your behavior based on what it says
Maybe that's a good idea for a driver-assist feature. Providing useful feedback on your bad driving mistakes. I could tolerate that in limited doses once in a while. For example when I was loaned a car with Lane-Departure alert I realized that sometimes I drive wide in the road.

But you should be able to turn it off too. Constant nagging would be annoying and would just get ignored. And it should actually be correct!

Button appearing is a big public thing. They can start releasing beta to a few folks in the beginning slowly ... and Musk can just say we have started expanding beta, but slowly.
I don't bet but if I did I'd bet that this time it's going to follow a strict timeline. OTA tomorrow, FSD next Friday. I say this due to the way Elon loosely promises things and they don't come true vs when he precisely depicts feature intricacies + a precise release day. I might be wrong, but it's the pattern I picked up from his tweets.

EDIT: Unless he's a time nerd and the OTA comes Oct 1st. But then FSD on Oct 8th.

I don't bet but if I did I'd bet that this time it's going to follow a strict timeline. OTA tomorrow, FSD next Friday. I say this due to the way Elon loosely promises things and they don't come true vs when he precisely depicts feature intricacies + a precise release day. I might be wrong, but it's the pattern I picked up from his tweets.

EDIT: Unless he's a time nerd and the OTA comes Oct 1st. But then FSD on Oct 8th.
This timeline buys the FSD team an additional week for a 10.1.1 last minute fix and an option for Elon to kick the can down the road another week or two if they get cold feet.

Reactions: edseloh and helvio
You're not wrong. But we FSD capability owners are really not owed anything from Tesla. That's how I see things, at least.
Depends on when you bought. They’ve had my money for three and a half years and the further back you go the more grandiose the promises were.

That said I bought FSD as a novelty to see where things went and I use and enjoy the existing feature set.

Reactions: edseloh
Depends on when you bought. They’ve had my money for three and a half years and the further back you go the more grandiose the promises were.

That said I bought FSD as a novelty to see where things went and I use and enjoy the existing feature set.
Yes, but they never had a fixed delivery date. It was always something like "By the end of the year*"
*Contingent on X, Y and Z.

Yes, but they never had a fixed delivery date. It was always something like "By the end of the year*"
*Contingent on X, Y and Z.
I’ve heard “by the end of the year,” “six months definitely,” “essentially a solved problem,” “absolutely confident,” and so on more times than I can count. They either need to get this thing out the door or start refunding money.

I’m truly amazed the folks who bought in 2016 with video “evidence” of FSD being a done deal haven’t filed suit.