Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHA??? ITS FRIDAY AND NO BUTTON!??? BUT ELON PROMISED!!!

1632483889193.gif

Don't the FSD Beta updates happen at midnight on Fridays, so really Saturday?
So far all the beta updates since 9.0 (I think) have been Friday night at midnight. I wouldn't expect anything different from 10.1

EDIT: Plus I'd expect a tweet at some point today if it's delayed like they did from 9.2 to 10.0.
Today would be the correct date for the "two week" scheduling they've been on.

Reactions: Ramphex and Hebert
What doesn't make sense? It'll be Friday for another 20 hours. Elon didn't say what time on Friday and the beta software usually updates late Friday early Saturday.
So it doesn't have to be at a start of Friday at 00:00. It could start as late as 23:59 and it's still credited as Friday.

So I guess it makes sense to round it up as Saturday and not Friday. Then I hope that won't be rounded up as Sunday, Monday, next week, next month, next year or next decade next century or the infinity.

Reactions: Ramphex
So it doesn't have to be at a start of Friday at 00:00. It could start as late as 23:59 and it's still credited as Friday.

So I guess it makes sense to round it up as Saturday and not Friday. Then I hope that won't be rounded up as Sunday, Monday, next week, next month, next year or next decade next century or the infinity.
Possibly, but tonight at midnight would be more consistent with the previous updates. The button has to wait for 10.1, and that's scheduled for midnight tonight.

I'm still under the impression/guidance 75% that Elon meant "a week from [next] Friday" since he posted it ON Friday while referring to itself in the explicit... I'd expect the word "today" instead of "Friday" if referring to, well, a week from today (last week). I hate that ambiguity, though... it was almost intentionally so.

Would be nice if it were today, but I'm definitely not holding my breath tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow