Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, this has been one hell of a fun little sub-thread. Strikes me as a bit hijackey, but you know, we're this far into it. Nobody cares about my perspective, but I'll throw it here anyway, as maybe to get a few likes from folks feeling the same way:

I do feel I'm owed something for the price of FSD. What was advertised, in effect, was the promise of participating in the development of these features. I don't want nor expect to be handed "full self driving" on a silver platter, fully formed and ready to run anywhere with me in the back seat. Buying into FSD was a lot like buying into the development of, well... a person. I want to see it grow up, maybe have a little voice in its development. I would love to see its failures, and see it learn from those. We're watching something really incredible happening, and I bought-in to it so I could have some participation in its development.

I feel left out, seeing only YouTubers get access to the beta, not submitting the feedback I would (especially w.r.t. blinker usage, which is already awful with NoAP). I feel like Tesla is waiting to "finish it" before giving us the button. They might remove the feedback button, and mix us all in with the lowest-common-denominator of user, when some of us want to actually contribute but some want a "finished product".

I want the beta. Nothing more!

Even smart summon? I swear I checked for those features on my co-worker’s app and they weren’t. But I guess I was wrong!
You had four years to evaluate and see the FSd fiasco (2016 vs 2020). Assuming you bought in 2020 as per your profile.
When Tesla released AP2 Tesla was much smaller and I blindly trusted (there was nothing to compare with other than official FAKE video) whatever they advertised but if I was buying in 2020 I would have totally different perspective.
Since then Tesla has sneakily changed the description and wordings. It's very well documented in other threads. In fact AP1 was advertised to have smart summon. I don't care about mobile eye breakup but that feature got burried under the rag or they clearly lied
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love
Reactions: daktari and kavyboy
Wow, some real freakin' sours here. Claims of lying, even? Come on. Tesla never "lied" - which means they know the truth but are telling you something different. All they were was over-optimistic. I've never felt lied-to, even as they change the wording due to media bullshizz and regulatory backlash, as the promises slip further and further back.

We're mere days away from finally realizing this. Why the hell are people still being big grumpus, like "Hmfng Tesla lied to me hmmfgnn 😣😤"? How can you even still be like that, with the visible developments you can see on YouTube, showing that we're just a step away from it today.

It's been a long, windy darn road to get here.

We're mere days away from finally realizing this. Why the hell are people still being big grumpus, like "Hmfng Tesla lied to me hmmfgnn 😣😤"? How can you even still be like that, with the visible developments you can see on YouTube, showing that we're just a step away from it today.
I predict this post will not age well. :D

I predict this post will not age well. :D
Such polarity!

I wish I could point this out to the whole world: Elon is Tesla AI’s parent.

If you’ve had a kid, you know the awe of seeing your child’s first rudimentary drawing. It is a masterpiece. You are continually mindblown by your child’s progress.

To the outside world, your child’s drawing is a crude scribble.

But you believe in your child. And in Tesla/Musk’s case, your child is literally entirely modifiable ad infinitum, to enhance fine motor skills. And as your child progresses, you learn how to track your child’s progress objectively so that you yourself can make increasingly accurate predictions about your child’s skills.

Wow, some real freakin' sours here. Claims of lying, even? Come on. Tesla never "lied" - which means they know the truth but are telling you something different. All they were was over-optimistic. I've never felt lied-to, even as they change the wording due to media bullshizz and regulatory backlash, as the promises slip further and further back.

It's been a long, windy darn road to get here.
THIS!

Well, this has been one hell of a fun little sub-thread. Strikes me as a bit hijackey, but you know, we're this far into it. Nobody cares about my perspective, but I'll throw it here anyway, as maybe to get a few likes from folks feeling the same way:

I do feel I'm owed something for the price of FSD. What was advertised, in effect, was the promise of participating in the development of these features. I don't want nor expect to be handed "full self driving" on a silver platter, fully formed and ready to run anywhere with me in the back seat. Buying into FSD was a lot like buying into the development of, well... a person. I want to see it grow up, maybe have a little voice in its development. I would love to see its failures, and see it learn from those. We're watching something really incredible happening, and I bought-in to it so I could have some participation in its development.

I feel left out, seeing only YouTubers get access to the beta, not submitting the feedback I would (especially w.r.t. blinker usage, which is already awful with NoAP). I feel like Tesla is waiting to "finish it" before giving us the button. They might remove the feedback button, and mix us all in with the lowest-common-denominator of user, when some of us want to actually contribute but some want a "finished product".

I want the beta. Nothing more!
Exactly this!!

I would be fairly surprised if the button isn’t released sometime this weekend. It doesn’t actually grant access to the Beta after all, and Tesla would be free to schedule any wider release at their own convenience. A good question would be how many people get the update with the button. Does Tesla release the new software with the button to everyone with FSD on their account, or do they do a rolling rollout like they normally do?

Reactions: edseloh
To totally change the subject…. I was happier when Tesla would push the occasional update that would (mostly) improve my car. In fact I told my friends how this was an unforeseen cool benefit off of owning a Tesla.

The current auto drive sw is IMO bad to the point where I hardly use it. I would welcome any updates (and would treat it as a beta like I currently do). I have no idea what they’ve been adding to the non-beta releases but it feels like nothing. I’ve stopped commenting about the routine updates and have started telling people whom ask to not buy FSD. It doesn’t work very well. It’s been that way for a long time. And (now) you can always rent/buy-it later if that changes.

I’de really like the new sw and will press the button. However my expectation is that I’ll have to pretend I don’t have a P model car for 7 days, then get told “Stand by your turn is soon” and will continue to have to wait and beg (by keeping my score good) for who knows how long. Hmm.. there’s a fair chance I’ll give up on that before I get admitted to beta. I’d rather enjoy my car.

Reactions: edseloh
I would be fairly surprised if the button isn’t released sometime this weekend. It doesn’t actually grant access to the Beta after all, and Tesla would be free to schedule any wider release at their own convenience. A good question would be how many people get the update with the button. Does Tesla release the new software with the button to everyone with FSD on their account, or do they do a rolling rollout like they normally do?
Depends if the software for Tesla insurance calculator is ready to be released tonight. Given that Elon said it’ll be exposed and provide real-time guidance on your behavior, seems like a pretty major update. They’ll have to have new UI and screens to show such a thing.

i am of course hoping it’s ready to go out at midnight though 😀