Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's happening until we find out that you need a 100% perfect FCW score over 7 days and 500 miles to get beta.
Well, that would be awesome if there were an actual metric you could hit and be guaranteed a spot. As is, I’m guessing the way it works is that you’d need to hit some theoretical minimum and they’d select from the people who made it with no guarantee for anyone.

Just think about it, this could be the biggest honeydicking to get more people to drop $10,000 on the FSD package right now, thinking they’ll get the beta.
They might just go with the subscription to get the beta -- still gets Tesla some nice lucre, just a fair bit less. On that note, a potential concern is that one or more of the anti-Tesla entities out there gets the beta just to cause accidents to happen while using the beta.

They might just go with the subscription to get the beta -- still gets Tesla some nice lucre, just a fair bit less. On that note, a potential concern is that one or more of the anti-Tesla entities out there gets the beta just to cause accidents to happen while using the beta.
Don’t you think that’s a bit overboard? You’re still responsible for operating the vehicle whether it has Autopilot or FSD. I feel like that conspiracy is along the lines of people buying Tesla’s just to set them on fire.

FAF2_NyXIAMy39X

giphy.gif
Hmmm, the phrase used to be "3 monthly maybe, 6 months definitely", then for a year it's been "Two weeks", and now the new term is "Tomorrow night." We are making progress........ I guess :)

The button will not be a separate firmware update. It’s already baked into the firmware and will be remotely toggled. Just like all the FSD gimmick features that get remotely toggled when you purchase the $10,000 FSD package, there’s no update after that, it just remotely toggles those features on.

I’m on 2021.32.20.1 and I can confirm there is no active button yet.
That’s not the update I’m talking about. At all. Talking about 2021.32.21

• Disagree
Reactions: Ramphex
Don’t you think that’s a bit overboard? You’re still responsible for operating the vehicle whether it has Autopilot or FSD. I feel like that conspiracy is along the lines of people buying Tesla’s just to set them on fire.
There was that one nut job TSLA shorter a few years ago that literally tried to run a Tesla FSD test car from the road by repeatedly pretending to sideswipe the car, forcing the test driver and engineer on board to call the police.