Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In Michigan, many intersections forbid left turns. Instead, you proceed a half a block or so to a u-turn lane, wait for your green, then move over to make a right on the destination street.

I had never seen that before doing some consulting work in suburban Detroit area years ago. I think it's colloquially known as a "Michigan Left."
Try SF.

You make 3 right turns for a left turn.

Well I'm shocked, shocked I tell you - it isn't two weeks away or next month.
He's changed from saying two weeks and is now saying months - but I'll believe it when I see it.
Remember when the coast to coast FSD run was going to be in the next six months - for three years running?
He could release FSD Beta widely tomorrow. They could rotate participants just to make people happy. There's nothing stopping them from doing that, except risk.

I am glad that it isn't widely released but then I'm not thrilled it's out at all as I don't really agree with the safety of the program. However if I was enrolled for FSD and waiting, personally I would like it if they just rotated through people and gave them all a chance to participate. That would be nice for them. There's nothing stopping Tesla from doing that now.

Reactions: GeoffEV
Just look at the flaws v9 has in the videos posted. This is not a HUGE improvement it is also not weeks away. What one can surmise from Elons past comments and what has actually happened is the he exaggerates to no end or goes on wishful thinking. What he promised on v9 will take years not months. AI has improved but it is no where near what is required in a car. Certainly not alone with the limited cameras and resolutions we have.

I would not be surprised if the next level will require better cameras and we will have to pay for those upgrades despite him saying multiple times the car has all it needs already.

Honestly I'd be happy if they just gave us the new BEV Net and fancy path planning model and gated off all the risky maneuvers, maybe no turns at all initially. Just shipping that alone would be such a massive improvement over today's "Autosteer" where they explicitly look for lane boundaries and naively center the vehicle. If I can turn on Autosteer and have it traverse funky intersections without wandering into adjacent lanes, I will happily take it.

Honestly I'd be happy if they just gave us the new BEV Net and fancy path planning model and gated off all the risky maneuvers, maybe no turns at all initially. Just shipping that alone would be such a massive improvement over today's "Autosteer" where they explicitly look for lane boundaries and naively center the vehicle. If I can turn on Autosteer and have it traverse funky intersections without wandering into adjacent lanes, I will happily take it.
This is the only way it makes since to add new features to fsd

This exactly. I also want AutoSteer on roads with no lane markings, and the ability to steer around parked cars on the side of the streets, pedestrians and cyclists as well. Maybe give us a right turn with confirmation or something like that?

I'm loosing faith in the coming of the button.
Is Elon? When he said there would be a button and implied a short timeline for it, did he believe what he was saying? Otherwise why say it, and how has it been effectively canceled? How many "engineer/reality vs Elon" meetings take place at Tesla to decide which tweets to throw resources at and which to ignore? Oh to read all the internal communication and know all the unofficial discussion, that would be a great deal of fun.

Is Elon? When he said there would be a button and implied a short timeline for it, did he believe what he was saying? Otherwise why say it, and how has it been effectively canceled? How many "engineer/reality vs Elon" meetings take place at Tesla to decide which tweets to throw resources at and which to ignore? Oh to read all the internal communication and know all the unofficial discussion, that would be a great deal of fun.
Sometimes Elon shoots from the hip, but people take it as gospel.

Nope. We will hold Elon accountable right here on TMC.
bd7.png