Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hard braking also, on an 8 minute drive. I used regen the entire time, except that we have 2 second yellow lights in one of the 55 zones, and I had to brake hard. I would be looking at people ignoring nag screens. The Collision warning is usually an error, so I'm dialing that back. If I follow the speed limit, I'm the slowest guy on the road by 10-20mph. Very few cops, so everyone drives pretty fast, like 50 in a 30 zone.
It does not seem to count when autopilot does hard braking. Does anyone disagree or know? There was one case I know for a fact it hit the brakes very hard and was not counted on my "perfect" run.

Hard braking also, on an 8 minute drive. I used regen the entire time, except that we have 2 second yellow lights in one of the 55 zones, and I had to brake hard. I would be looking at people ignoring nag screens. The Collision warning is usually an error, so I'm dialing that back. If I follow the speed limit, I'm the slowest guy on the road by 10-20mph. Very few cops, so everyone drives pretty fast, like 50 in a 30 zone.

I'm not seeing anywhere in the safety score about speed limit. Many times tesla speed limit is wrong anyway.

Yes, thus my question. I think the regen braking alone is enough to trigger an event.
Interested in this, too. Support doesn’t seem to clarify:

30F1FBF2-4C0A-4053-80B4-E428FEFD5FF9.jpeg

I haven’t done any driving yet since the button but I’m already a bit salty that to get the features I paid $10k for, I have to drive it as if I own a Prius or something. Like who here bought a 400-1000HP car to drive like a grandma? Let’s be serious now.

You didn't pay 10k to be an early tester of pre-production-ready software- which is what this is.

If you're not interested, just opt out, drive however you wish, and wait for the wide public release.

First drive and I got a 95 with my only demerit being hard braking. So, it’s going to be impossible for me to get 100 I guess, since I never once actually hit my brake pedal. I can only assume it recorded the regen as I was going downhill as a “hard braking” event. Lmao.
That’s very unfortunate because I regen brake 95% of the time. It could be a bit aggressive comparing to an ICE car if you just dump the gas pedal without throttling off slowly though

You didn't pay 10k to be an early tester of pre-production-ready software- which is what this is.

If you're not interested, just opt out, drive however you wish, and wait for the wide public release.
That’s not the point. If someone is charging me $10k they should at least provide me with a beta and not make me drive my 600hp car as if I own a Prius for a week to maybe, possibly, perhaps, get to play with a pre-production-ready software.

I’m still smelling some EOQ shenanigans all over this try outs concept 🤔. In EOQ report I would like to hear how many people dumped money on FSD this week just because they thought this button will finally make them try the long promised FSD.

I want to have a freedom of choice. If I want to be safe, slow, and careful…. I turn on AP/FSD and let it do it’s granny driving, if I want to do some spirited driving on the twisties with my 600hp car I spent 90k on, I should be able to do so without being penalized.

I don’t expect anyone to agree, because well, that’s just my personal opinion and it’s mine, you can have your own.