Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OFFICIAL BUTTON WATCH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. With all the telework I'm doing now, my normal week doesn't include many days of driving, but this week I'll find an excuse to drive a little every day (and drive carefully, though it sounds like my normal driving would score pretty well except maybe for lateral acceleration. I want my new toy!)
It’s weird, so I drove 66miles today (which is slightly less than my normal mon-fri daily driving, I’m a territory manager so I drive a lot). The only metric that came into play today was “hard braking”. Funny cuz I use AP absolutely whenever I can, so, I wonder if they are logging goofy AP actions as well. My average today 98% “safe”, the only negatives was “hard braking”. I wonder if it factors in the “hard braking” of regen braking??

Reactions: edseloh
Interested in this, too. Support doesn’t seem to clarify:

View attachment 714405
So if driving down the road around 65 MPH, in a 60 MPH area, and you see a yellow light if you slow to 0 any quicker than 10 seconds you trigger this. Insane!
I am pretty sure autopilot was more aggressive than this and it did not register on my trip today. I'll try it again tomorrow and see.
Otherwise look forward to a YouTube video where someone demonstrates driving around with AP and being rated an unsafe driver by Tesla. The logical conclusion by the general public would be AP is unsafe instead of concluding the safety app is dumb.

So if driving down the road around 65 MPH, in a 60 MPH area, and you see a yellow light if you slow to 0 any quicker than 10 seconds you trigger this. Insane!
I am pretty sure autopilot was more aggressive than this and it did not register on my trip today. I'll try it again tomorrow and see.
Otherwise look forward to a YouTube video where someone demonstrates driving around with AP and being rated an unsafe driver by Tesla. The logical conclusion by the general public would be AP is unsafe instead of concluding the safety app is dumb.
They covered that last part by putting beta next to the safety score feature 😅😅

• Disagree
Reactions: rxlawdude
That’s not the point. If someone is charging me $10k they should at least provide me with a beta and not make me drive my 600hp car as if I own a Prius for a week to maybe, possibly, perhaps, get to play with a pre-production-ready software.
This is unrealistic. Why should Tesla risk their reputation and the entire FSD program in order to indulge the whim of a few users who want to drive recklessly while using software that is not yet ready?

The head of the NTSB recent said they think Tesla is responsible for the reckless behavior of Tesla drivers due to the misleading names "Autopilot" and "Full Self Driving". Then they said Tesla should halt distribution of FSD beta. Given this environment I don't know why you are so hot to trot to ruin it for everyone.

This is unrealistic. Why should Tesla risk their reputation and the entire FSD program in order to indulge the whim of a few users who want to drive recklessly while using software that is not yet ready?

The head of the NTSB recent said they think Tesla is responsible for the reckless behavior of Tesla drivers due to the misleading names "Autopilot" and "Full Self Driving". Then they said Tesla should halt distribution of FSD beta. Given this environment I don't know why you are so hot to trot to ruin it for everyone.
I’m trying to wrap my head around how one could drive more wrecklessly with AP/FSD enabled than they would driving manually lol

• Disagree
Reactions: rxlawdude
I haven’t done any driving yet since the button but I’m already a bit salty that to get the features I paid $10k for, I have to drive it as if I own a Prius or something. Like who here bought a 400-1000HP car to drive like a grandma? Let’s be serious now.

I drive mine like my grandma. Granted my grandma didn't get her license until she was in her 50's and was trying to make up for not driving in her teens. The last car she bought was because it had a turbo.

• Funny
Reactions: T-Racer and mhan00
Does anyone know of an app
It does not seem to count when autopilot does hard braking. Does anyone disagree or know? There was one case I know for a fact it hit the brakes very hard and was not counted on my "perfect" run.
I got dinged on a shirt drive and the hardest break was caused by AP. I almost crush on the break peddle myself because it was going to fast approaching a red light (no one in front). It managed but I suspect it got counted. Too bad it drains give the location of the hard break in the app.