Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Foundation Series Dual Motor Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We ordered our Foundation Series on Jan 2. Was told February/March delivery. We just got our VIN #today. Trying to figure out approximately what the time to delivery will be. We didn't get a text or email with the VIN. I noticed it in the app. We're in Tampa area.

Last edited:
We ordered our Foundation Series on Jan 2. Was told February/March delivery. We just got our VIN #today. Trying to figure out approximately what the time to delivery will be. We didn't get a text or email with the VIN. I noticed it in the app. We're in Tampa area.

This is probably your best guess: Cybertruck Order and Delivery Statistics

Looks like 2-3 weeks is the going time for FL.

Reactions: GreenMachina
Hi everyone, received Vin today, ordered 12/25 - 3/1 71 days from OD, reservation 1128, Vin 2445.
Question for SoCal folks who received Vin, how long does it take from Vin to delivery? I need to plan since I am planning some trip soon. Is it within 2 weeks? My pick up place will be Irvine.

Schedule delivery? Our trucks are probably on same transport.

11/22/19 - Reservation placed (RN11278)
12/26/23 - Order placed
03/5/24 - VIN Assigned (00244X)
03/23/24 - Delivery Scheduled (Marina Del Rey, CA)

• Informative
Reactions: yerEVan
There are way too many videos out there.

Ask yourself this. Are you going to order FSD, no matter what. Are you interested in PowerShare? Were you going to buy some of the accessories?

If the answer is no to any are all of these, then you probably shouldn't get the Foundation Series.

Unless you have extra money laying around that you will pay just to get the Cybertruck earlier.

The Foundation Cybertrucks are the same as the standard ones except for the logo and white inside trim.

The Cybertruck is going to get the same range as the Model Y or Model 3, but it's going to be about 40% more expensive to fill it. It's going to be more expensive to insure and tires may be more expensive. So cost of operation definitely goes up.

But it is a truck, it can haul 4x8 pieces of plywood in the bed. It has a lockable tonneau cover and a frunk that's much bigger than other Teslas.
There's a lot of room in the back seating area of the Cybertruck, it appears to maybe be enough to put bicycles in.

And of course, all new owners love it (excepting YouTubers whose job is to raise controversy)

And it amazingly is reported to have a much better sound system than the cars.
Essentially, adding in the missed tax credit, The Foundation Series is $27,500 more than the Non-Foundation CYBRTRK. If we are paying that much more, I suspect that the cost of operation is a rather moot issue. That is kind of like complaining about gas mileage on a Ferarri.

There are quite a number of other little goodies with Foundation Series in addition to white trim, the Logo, and FSD, none of which I think add up to $20k or $27.5k.

I find the FSD overpriced (had it on my Model X Raven - don't miss it), and I don't need power share (as I have solar with battery back-up), but the only other option is to wait another year or so, for them to catch up to my place in line. I get as much charge as I want from Florida Power and Light EVolution program for a total of $31 a month.

I reserved on the sixth day after the announcement (estimated number 190,334) and now have a Mar 14 order date with delivery between 1 Apr and 1 June.
My friend who now owns my first 2014 Tesla Model S, reserved his Cybertruck on the 4th day, with an estimated number of 71,130, and he just got his VIN, so he should have his soon. (Est was 1 Feb to 30 Mar).

Reserved first day, invited and ordered Dec.18th with delivery est of Feb-March. Rn 11275…and nothin yet-back burnered just like with my model 3. Evident that lots more than 1000 Foundation series are being made with a run rate of 200-300 units a day.

Reserved first day, invited and ordered Dec.18th with delivery est of Feb-March. Rn 11275…and nothin yet-back burnered just like with my model 3. Evident that lots more than 1000 Foundation series are being made with a run rate of 200-300 units a day.
Agreed. They are messing with delivery priorities too. I ordered 12/21 and nothing at all. The longer it takes, the less I want it as I'm going to put it on Turo and by the time i get it, the novelty will wear off.

Agreed. They are messing with delivery priorities too. I ordered 12/21 and nothing at all. The longer it takes, the less I want it as I'm going to put it on Turo and by the time i get it, the novelty will wear off.
I considered this but the vehicle is awkward to drive and what happens when the first renter totals it? Your out the rental income and have to wait in line all over again? Doesn’t seem worth it.. my wife was appalled when I presented the idea haha

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
Just got a text from Tesla to look at app for more info. Checked app. Got VIN.

7G2CEHED7RA0044xx

Reserved launch night in 2019. RN RN1127xxxx (had another RN of 1126xxx but they didn’t activate that one yet)

asked to order on 12/21/23 which I did. Dual motor.

South eastern PA near Philly.

I’ll update you all. As it progresses.
Congrats bud!

Essentially, adding in the missed tax credit, The Foundation Series is $27,500 more than the Non-Foundation CYBRTRK. If we are paying that much more, I suspect that the cost of operation is a rather moot issue. That is kind of like complaining about gas mileage on a Ferarri.

There are quite a number of other little goodies with Foundation Series in addition to white trim, the Logo, and FSD, none of which I think add up to $20k or $27.5k.

I find the FSD overpriced (had it on my Model X Raven - don't miss it), and I don't need power share (as I have solar with battery back-up), but the only other option is to wait another year or so, for them to catch up to my place in line. I get as much charge as I want from Florida Power and Light EVolution program for a total of $31 a month.

I reserved on the sixth day after the announcement (estimated number 190,334) and now have a Mar 14 order date with delivery between 1 Apr and 1 June.
My friend who now owns my first 2014 Tesla Model S, reserved his Cybertruck on the 4th day, with an estimated number of 71,130, and he just got his VIN, so he should have his soon. (Est was 1 Feb to 30 Mar).
Totally agree. I don’t understand the tax break thing because
1- if your buying this truck you probably don’t qualify
2-taxes change and the cheaper version definitely is not being delivered to anyone this year
3-demand will take awhile to catch up and flipping it even back to tesla for a cost of 25 cents a mile is a damn steal

I just leased a Y for $500 a month and will use that to daily with my CT being the fun car so the range and energy cost thing is irrelevant for me

Reactions: Fairchild
Just got a text from Tesla to look at app for more info. Checked app. Got VIN.

7G2CEHED7RA0044xx

Reserved launch night in 2019. RN RN1127xxxx (had another RN of 1126xxx but they didn’t activate that one yet)

asked to order on 12/21/23 which I did. Dual motor.

South eastern PA near Philly.

I’ll update you all. As it progresses.
Awesome news. I got a message two nights ago and it was them approving my new financing since the original one expired.

Now that you posted this, I’m really going to be wearing a hole in my screen from clicking on “vehicle details” to see if I got a vin with no message.

Totally agree. I don’t understand the tax break thing because
1- if your buying this truck you probably don’t qualify
2-taxes change and the cheaper version definitely is not being delivered to anyone this year
3-demand will take awhile to catch up and flipping it even back to tesla for a cost of 25 cents a mile is a damn steal

I just leased a Y for $500 a month and will use that to daily with my CT being the fun car so the range and energy cost thing is irrelevant for me
Conceivably, Musk could walk through the entire list of reservations, offering the FOUNDATION SERIES to all before even considering offering the dual motor AWD version. I guess the pure business decision would be to do that.

The additional items offered with the FOUNDATION Series cost Tesla about $500, if that, and roll in $20k of additional profit margin for each one. Remember, when Elon said, "It's an expensive truck to make." Well, the "wanna have it firsts" will be paying for it. Not knocking it. Just stating it. I am part of that crowd.

Last edited:
Just got the VIN tonight! I'm in NH so it looks like they're finally going wide release! Reserved day 0 and ordered on 12/21.

I emailed my insurance agent tonight [eek] and will hopefully upload that doc tomorrow. What's generally the time from insurance to delivery?

Honestly I've been looking a little more at the R1T ever since it got Supercharger approved. In some ways it makes more sense for us. I thought I was on the fence but then when I got the VIN I did everything I had to do with a speed and work ethic like I've never had before. 🤣

Just got the VIN tonight! I'm in NH so it looks like they're finally going wide release! Reserved day 0 and ordered on 12/21.

I emailed my insurance agent tonight [eek] and will hopefully upload that doc tomorrow. What's generally the time from insurance to delivery?

Honestly I've been looking a little more at the R1T ever since it got Supercharger approved. In some ways it makes more sense for us. I thought I was on the fence but then when I got the VIN I did everything I had to do with a speed and work ethic like I've never had before. 🤣
That’s funny I did the same thing.. I currently own an r1t and keep telling myself I should just buy another since I know it’s all around a superior vehicle to the cyber truck but the cyber truck is just too cool.. I’ll stick with one of each 😅

• Love

I’ve been hearing 3 weeks. I’m waiting too for insurance quote. And loan App from local credit union.