TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Official: Model S Service Plans

Discussion in 'Model S' started by bonnie, Mar 16, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Tam

Tam Active Member

It sounds like this is another case of "you snooze you lose" as they no longer have pre-paid maintenance on the menu anymore. Maybe it's still available as off-menu if you are still fast enough!

They used to offer 8-year pre-paid plan then down to 4-year then now zero-year!

The prices of Extended Service Agreement (extended warranty) are still available at:

Extended Service Agreement

Its terms and conditions are at:

https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/service/vehicle_extended_service_agreement_en_us.pdf

Owners do report that they have to pay $200 deductible each visit as indicated in the document.

However, I had the following extended warranty visits (all after 50,000 to under 100,000 miles) for no additional cost, no deductibles for my 2012 Model S that I now traded in this year:

>$500 Gen1 Mobile Connector

$4,000 for re-manufactured MCU (17" screen and computer)

$4,500 for cabin heater

Another case of "you snooze you lose" for my 2012 Model S as I paid the Extended Warranty for $2,4000 and I didn't listen to owners who were very vocal at that time that it's a rip off, the house always wins...

That $2,400 went up to $4,250 if I listened to them!

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. tomas

tomas Only partially psycho

To be honest I suspect they are discouraging annual maintenance now. Service centers are overwhelmed, and I think theyve learned there’s not much to maintain. Except when stuff breaks, it just seems to run. I do feel good knowing my du fluid, coolant, and brakes are getting regular flushes plus alignment is a good thing.

• Like x 1
  3. David29

David29 Supporting Member

#583 David29, Dec 10, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Thanks, that is very helpful. I was unable to find the text of the ESA on my own.

4. vickh

vickh Member

cost for battery fluid replacement?

5. turtlebud

turtlebud Member

I still see a page for the maintenance plans, but it doesn't list the prices (I think it used to). However, if I log on to my account, I still see the maintenance plans and prices. For the Model S, the 3 year plan is $1550 and the 4 year plan is $2325.

• Informative x 2
  6. David29

David29 Supporting Member

Curious why I see no such option, only the much more expensive Extended Service Agreements. My car is a 2015 Model S 70D.

7. st50maint

st50maint Member

I also have a 2015 70D.
    I bought the 4 year service plan on 10/4/2015 for $1900.
    I picked up my car on 8/11/2015 and I believe I had to purchase the plan
    within 2 months (or was it 60 days) after delivery.

• Informative x 2