Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The idle time is assigned to the day it ends. In a coming update it's spread across all of the days involved so it'll show up how you'd expect.

Thank you for the clarification. Is it possible to have Tessie report on the exact reason keeping the vehicle in idle mode and not getting into sleep mode? I reviewed your excellent document on various reasons that may cause the lengthy idling and will try and narrow this down but in the meanwhile if Tessie could tell me even better.

Thank you for the clarification. Is it possible to have Tessie report on the exact reason keeping the vehicle in idle mode and not getting into sleep mode? I reviewed your excellent document on various reasons that may cause the lengthy idling and will try and narrow this down but in the meanwhile if Tessie could tell me even better.
Idle just means the car is parked and unplugged. The car is usually asleep when idle.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4
Sorry to come back with more trouble. Now the Idles page lost my past idles history. Went for a drive, came back home and parked and shortly thereafter I noticed past idles are gone. Only last 2 are still there. What could have caused this and how can I recover them? Thank you

Sorry to come back with more trouble. Now the Idles page lost my past idles history. Went for a drive, came back home and parked and shortly thereafter I noticed past idles are gone. Only last 2 are still there. What could have caused this and how can I recover them? Thank you
Check your date and time filters at the top of the screen.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Check your date and time filters at the top of the screen.
1698897745419.png

hello I sent you couple of Emails some time ago with feature requests and was wondering if you were working on it and if yes if there was an ETA :
1. comparison with fuel cost but for each tesla that means being able to put a different fuel price and different fuel consumption for each?
2. to be able to separate each car on the cost projection option or even better to be able to create groups
for example I have my business's cars (2 cars) my wife's car and my parent's car on the app
cost projection of my parent's car is not really important or at least I would like to see it separated from my business cars etc.

Thanks by advance

I’ve noticed what looks like a bug with the Apple watch app - the charge level values within the app don’t align (actual car charge is 69%):

However the widget value does seem right.

I have auto-wake disabled on both the phone and the watch.
The car is asleep so the Apple Watch app data will be from the last time the app saw the car. The widget can refresh in the background and won't become outdated like that.

I have an idea how to improve this that's in the next update.

Quick question on the watch acting as door key. I find that this only works when the Tessie watch app is brought up in the watch face. Is this how it is meant to work or is anyone able to make it work by just having the watch on your wrist? Thanks for the clarification.
Android watches should unlock in the background assuming you enabled background permissions.

Apple supports background Bluetooth on Series 6 and watchOS 9 or newer. For older watches, the app must be open for Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock to work.

For Series 6 and newer watches, Apple limits Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock when the app is closed to a few times per day. Open the app to reset the limit and auto unlock.

So what kind of benefits can we expect using the next-gen connectivity?
End-to-end encryption and data streaming directly between your car and Tessie. End-to-end encrypted controls. Faster controls. More controls. Many more data points than any hardware-less automotive software has ever been able to see. It is without a doubt the most advanced connectivity system ever deployed to consumer vehicles, by a lot.