Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes. Only 3 keys can be connected at once. If you are still having issues, turn BT off and on.
There definitely wasn't more than 3 keys connected, the Tesla app could never connect and I didn't see a way in Tessie to remove the key so just removed the storage and manually removed it from the car, and did the same for the Tesla app.

FYi, it looks like the scheduling charge options (setting it to anything) via the Tessie app isn't compatible with the Charge on Solar option

There definitely wasn't more than 3 keys connected, the Tesla app could never connect and I didn't see a way in Tessie to remove the key so just removed the storage and manually removed it from the car, and did the same for the Tesla app.

FYi, it looks like the scheduling charge options (setting it to anything) via the Tessie app isn't compatible with the Charge on Solar option
Bluetooth on Android can definitely get weird, particularly if you have multiple connections. Android Bluetooth is buggy in general but the reliability changes a lot by device and device manufacturer. Turning BT off and back on again is basically the universal fix.

On the Watch, is there some way to have it "default" to your car when you tap into a widget and show that car's controls immediately, without having to first tap on the car name? If there's a way to do this I missed it. It's one thing I prefer about the Watch for Tesla app, because it's one less tap to get climate on or whatever.

Watch for Tesla: Tap complication -> Activate climate
Tessie: Tap complication -> Select car (I only have one) -> Activate climate

It's a small thing but it would be great to remove a tap. I imagine most people using the app only have one Tesla.

Got a low tire pressure alert this morning when my wife started her commute. By the time I saw the alert and checked the pressure remotely, it was 1psi above the alert threshold. I was surprised to not see a history/graph of the tire pressure to determine if it was a sudden drop or not. Is this feature possible? Maybe hidden somewhere on the drive page since they only update when the vehicle is moving?

James@Tessie, to recalibrate the battery, the 3rd step in the instructions read as follows:

Charge the battery to 100% and keep charging until the vehicle is no longer adding any energy from the charger. This may take an hour or longer after reaching 100%.

Once the battery hits the charge limit of 100% it stops charging (at least I assume it does, I haven't tried this yet). How do I keep charging after it reaches 100%?

Got a low tire pressure alert this morning when my wife started her commute. By the time I saw the alert and checked the pressure remotely, it was 1psi above the alert threshold. I was surprised to not see a history/graph of the tire pressure to determine if it was a sudden drop or not. Is this feature possible? Maybe hidden somewhere on the drive page since they only update when the vehicle is moving?
I'm working on it. Graphing this is hard because of the crazy intermittency between TPMS reports.

Reactions: ken830
James@Tessie, to recalibrate the battery, the 3rd step in the instructions read as follows:

Charge the battery to 100% and keep charging until the vehicle is no longer adding any energy from the charger. This may take an hour or longer after reaching 100%.

Once the battery hits the charge limit of 100% it stops charging (at least I assume it does, I haven't tried this yet). How do I keep charging after it reaches 100%?
It doesn't automatically stop charging at 100%. It stops charging when the battery stops accepting energy, which could be right when you hit 100% or awhile afterwards. You just leave the car plugged in until it stops adding energy from the charger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
On the Watch, is there some way to have it "default" to your car when you tap into a widget and show that car's controls immediately, without having to first tap on the car name? If there's a way to do this I missed it. It's one thing I prefer about the Watch for Tesla app, because it's one less tap to get climate on or whatever.

Watch for Tesla: Tap complication -> Activate climate
Tessie: Tap complication -> Select car (I only have one) -> Activate climate

It's a small thing but it would be great to remove a tap. I imagine most people using the app only have one Tesla.
It opens to the page you had selected. Most people keep their car selected so it opens to it automatically. Is it not doing that for you?

Yeah, the NHTSA came down on them and they had to turn off remote window controls for a lot of cars. It seems like they've addressed those issues though.

1) Can't be known when the car is asleep so not doable as it wouldn't work most of the time
2) Can't be known remotely, but I can add something similar for when rain is detected nearby
3) Can do this already!
4) Same deal as 1
Hey James,
Do you know which Teslas are still affected by the remote window operations?
I have 2015 Model S that does vent windows. In the Tesla app is pops-up that I can't roll them back up.
But in the Tessie app it give me the option to roll them up, but ends up not doing anything. No error or anything.
So will it not be possible to ever roll them up again remotely?

Hey James,
Do you know which Teslas are still affected by the remote window operations?
I have 2015 Model S that does vent windows. In the Tesla app is pops-up that I can't roll them back up.
But in the Tessie app it give me the option to roll them up, but ends up not doing anything. No error or anything.
So will it not be possible to ever roll them up again remotely?
Really great question. I have no idea, but I'm curious too. I suspect it's due to the actuator force of closing the window. Maybe some of them have too strong of a force for them to enable (might injure fingers, puppy paws, etc.) Not sure how they determine which cars to enable and disable it on.

Early vehicles (like our 2013 Model S) could only vent (this feature was not available until many years later in 2019), but could not close remotely - a popup warns of this in the app. Recent vehicles (like our 2022 Model X) weren't allowed to vent or close remotely due to some weird NHTSA recall/restriction (depending on delivery date, this was either removed after delivery or unavailable at delivery), but has been restored a few months ago. There was a sweet spot of a few years (like my 2018 Model 3) that never lost this feature after it was introduced (Sept/Oct 2019).

Reactions: GammaDelta
Tessie Watch App works great! I'm curious if anyone else is finding that they have to manually open the app on the watch before the car will unlock with the watch key? If I walk up to the car with just my watch, the car won't unlock on its own without opening the app myself.

Tessie Watch App works great! I'm curious if anyone else is finding that they have to manually open the app on the watch before the car will unlock with the watch key? If I walk up to the car with just my watch, the car won't unlock on its own without opening the app myself.
Assuming you're using an Apple Watch:

Apple supports background Bluetooth on Series 6 and watchOS 9 or newer. For older watches, the app must be open for Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock to work.

For Series 6 and newer watches, Apple limits Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock when the app is closed to a few times per day. Open the app to reset the limit and auto unlock.

• Informative
Reactions: CapsEngineer
Really great question. I have no idea, but I'm curious too. I suspect it's due to the actuator force of closing the window. Maybe some of them have too strong of a force for them to enable (might injure fingers, puppy paws, etc.) Not sure how they determine which cars to enable and disable it on.
Makes sense on the actuator. So you have not collected any data on this through Tessie? Is the Tesla API for close window universal across all models in Tessie?

Since the Model S has not really changed too much on the actual door/window size I am curious about which Model S allows this, and if there is a regulator retrofit. Or if this is BCM level.

Early vehicles (like our 2013 Model S) could only vent (this feature was not available until many years later in 2019), but could not close remotely - a popup warns of this in the app. Recent vehicles (like our 2022 Model X) weren't allowed to vent or close remotely due to some weird NHTSA recall/restriction (depending on delivery date, this was either removed after delivery or unavailable at delivery), but has been restored a few months ago. There was a sweet spot of a few years (like my 2018 Model 3) that never lost this feature after it was introduced (Sept/Oct 2019).
@ken830 sounds like you have some experience on this. What I understood is the windows for the 2013-2015 pre-refresh Model S did allow remote roll up before and holding the top (roof) of the remote for 5 seconds would roll all the windows up, and the app supported that for a brief window as well.

But I am hearing from you that the Early Model S was never involved in the NHTSA thing in Jan '23, and that this has been like this for a while

Makes sense on the actuator. So you have not collected any data on this through Tessie? Is the Tesla API for close window universal across all models in Tessie?

Since the Model S has not really changed too much on the actual door/window size I am curious about which Model S allows this, and if there is a regulator retrofit. Or if this is BCM level.
Yeah, it's universal. It also returns success even when it's disabled, so the only way to know if it works is to try it and see.

Assuming you're using an Apple Watch:

Apple supports background Bluetooth on Series 6 and watchOS 9 or newer. For older watches, the app must be open for Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock to work.

For Series 6 and newer watches, Apple limits Auto Unlock and Walk Away Lock when the app is closed to a few times per day. Open the app to reset the limit and auto unlock.
Yes sir - it's an Apple Watch Ultra. I'll do some more experimenting.