Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a Tessie subscription, but have managed to do a setting so I get the message in the app “Vehicle tracking is disabled”.
See attached screenshot.

How do I enable this?

Attachments

• image1.png
    image1.png
    108.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image0.png
    image0.png
    168.6 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: zoomer0056
Why does the battery percentage list 52% but the bar graph says 54%?

FYI Tesla app says 52%View attachment 1009611
Because the actual battery level is 54% and the usable battery level is 52% because the battery is cold. That's what the blue bar represents in your screenshot. In the next update, that graph uses the usable battery level so they'll match.

Hi James. Love the app. In the last month or so, it appears via the Tessie app that my car goes to sleep shortly after a drive (normal), then it wakes back up for 10-20 mins or so, and then goes back to sleep. Sometimes after the drive it says the car goes to sleep within 2-3 minutes (doesn't seem normal); other times it's the usual 10-15 minutes. See pic 1. This doesn't happen when the car is plugged in and finishes charging.

The reason I'm wondering if it's something with the app is because many times under the Charging graphs, there are periods of a few minutes that Tessie appears to be be offline/not receiving data, and says the car's status is sleeping for those brief periods. See pics 2 & 3. I'm almost positive this is not actually happening (the Tesla app says it's charging normally at those times) but rather an anomaly with the app. To be clear, I don't really care, I'm mostly just wondering if my car has developed some weird sleep/wake habits. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6058.PNG
    IMG_6058.PNG
    667.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_6059.PNG
    IMG_6059.PNG
    743.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6060.PNG
    IMG_6060.PNG
    768.9 KB · Views: 16
Hi James. Love the app. In the last month or so, it appears via the Tessie app that my car goes to sleep shortly after a drive (normal), then it wakes back up for 10-20 mins or so, and then goes back to sleep. Sometimes after the drive it says the car goes to sleep within 2-3 minutes (doesn't seem normal); other times it's the usual 10-15 minutes. See pic 1. This doesn't happen when the car is plugged in and finishes charging.

The reason I'm wondering if it's something with the app is because many times under the Charging graphs, there are periods of a few minutes that Tessie appears to be be offline/not receiving data, and says the car's status is sleeping for those brief periods. See pics 2 & 3. I'm almost positive this is not actually happening (the Tesla app says it's charging normally at those times) but rather an anomaly with the app. To be clear, I don't really care, I'm mostly just wondering if my car has developed some weird sleep/wake habits. Thanks!
Holiday update changed sleep/wake behavior for some cars. If the car is waking frequently, you can try changing Polling Interval here to 60 seconds and wait 24 hours to see if that helps.

In your charging graphs, it looks like power is dropping out. You can tap ... > Export to see the detailed readings.

In your charging graphs, it looks like power is dropping out. You can tap ... > Export to see the detailed readings.
In the charging graphs (as well as the exported CSVs) only the charge rate drops out, but the power, current, and the voltage all remain consistent during those ‘dropouts’.

I just updated to Next Gen Connectivity so I’ll see if that clears anything up.

Last edited: