Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Official Thread: Cybertruck (Cybrtrk) Event - Nov 21, 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The theme was Blade Runner....what did you guys expect? :)

Something saleable? Appealing even? Not having a pitched roof for those with triangular heads? Christ, this was so easy to get right ... he even has a guy for that, Franz Somebody, silly foreign name I forget.

But maybe Elon has bundles of market research showing huge demand for the ORV [Optically Repellant Vehicle], like on some other planet?

I pray there is at least one brave Rehabilitation Officer left in the building to quickly liquidate this abomination on Monday night, before ... well, it's already too late ... but anyhow, kill it with fire!

Last edited:
Love it. Anything else looks way old next to it. And it’s functional. And affordable. Sold.

CFD4DDBB-C380-4E18-B181-9D3AE12FF139.jpeg

Many people will reconsider later what they wrote tonight.

Personally I won't buy it and don't like the look but I don't need a truck or utility anyway so there is no surprise. If I would need one the design would be for me a negative though liking more the Rivian style but the specs, functionality, range and price are a convincing proposition for many people, use cases and places on earth or of course Mars.

The battery technology and costs is on a new level which is amazing and good news for all as this will move into more mainstream vehicles soon. Thats a strong positive for the future of Tesla and for investors.

I am surprised how many people like the truck and ordered it right away despite my reservations if it will be ever more than a vehicle for a small group of people or more.

Twitter reactions do speak a positive language though and although its polarizing it will find people loving it. The market segment addressed is a complete different one than what we have seen before which is another positive as Tesla will be looked at from people who blocked before Superchargers.

What we can say already though is that Elon made good on all of his promises and he did do what he said he will. Bold move as they could have done a mainstream design but decided doing something no one could really imagine.

This is in development and its too early to conclude what happened tonight and if we have seen a top or a flop.

hagenbaden on Twitter

We put in our deposit on the long-range version. You can see what we will be towing in my avatar. I'm a bit put off by the design, but I wanted something a bit different, and I think it will grow on me.

on one hand, visually harmonious with the surface material. on the other, visually chaotic with the angles vs curves.
anyway, i mean this with all sincerity, im sure you will love yours when you get it.

Reactions: Richt and webdbbt
Others notice how the front suspension is up and the rear is down for loading?!?

If you watched the video you can see the suspension raise and lower in real time as the guy loads the ATV and starts charging it from the internal power in the vault.

Literally it has 120v/240v/Pnuematic power sources for you to plug in tools or other smaller vehicles (or even to rescue another EV on the side of the road).

If you watched the video you can see the suspension raise and lower in real time as the guy loads the ATV and starts charging it from the internal power in the vault.
Literally it has 120v/240v/Pnuematic power sources for you to plug in tools or other smaller vehicles (or even to rescue another EV on the side of the road).
I'll have to find the video. My presentation cut out and went to an order page not too long after the side window problem. I did see all the specs.

Found it 16:55 ... I didn't see anything after that. Watching it now.

I've already seen all the comments on Reddit… ugly, fugly, hideous…

So, somebody has to say this: Have you looked at current production pickups from Ford, GM and FCA? I mean trying to forget for a moment how familiar and ubiquitous they are, and really taken a step back and try to look at them objectively, as if you hadn't seen them before? I live in pickup country, rural small-town Texas, and I have to look at those abominogs all over town every day. They're tall, bulked-up with super-high hoods and massive front grilles. They're like codpieces on wheels. They look like they were designed to frighten small children.

And then I see a crew cab, long-bed, dually diesel rig pull up in front of the post office like a barge on wheels, and a housewife climbs down out of the cab, probably just dropped off her kids at school. Then I just shake my head and wonder, how did we arrive at this madness? But most people don't even blink or think twice about it, because the wretched things are everywhere now!

If you live in a world gone mad, and then somebody reveals a glimpse of sanity, of course everybody's first natural reaction is going to be: What the hell is that? That's nuts!!

Agreed to some extent with the grilles and headlights on the current production trucks. And here in the Permian Basin I see 10 trucks for every 2 cars. And even with your description of the current offerings of trucks the cybertruck is far and away uglier than anything on the road today. Looks are important. I purchased a 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro based primarily on the looks of the truck (well and other qualities as well, but I love the look of the truck). I've owned a lot of trucks over the years (and still own a 1967 C10 and 2001 GMC 1500HD), but cannot ever see myself in the abomination that is the cybertruck. Bleh.