Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OH MY DOG, I just got THE invitation!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

T34ME

Mar 31, 2016
Inland Empire
YES, all good things come to all fanboys who are patient. Since when does Tesla send out invites on Wednesdays? I'm hyperventilating! My heart is racing ludicrous mode.........where is my heart medicine?
m1230.gif

• email invitation to configure received on April 18 at 1:13 pm PDT
  • Southern California resident
  • reserved on-line on 3/31/16 pre-reveal
I'm going to defer for a while and see what happens. I really prefer the SR model and we'll see if there are any new announcements as a result of Elon's new ramp schedule. I also want to see what the specs are for the AWD - range and acceleration. Finally, I want to keep an eye on the tax credit phase-out, Sep 30 or Dec 31.

Wow! Life is good!

Same here, except I didn't even get an email. Found out by accident by logging into the account. Seems like we're the first batch of April?

No email here either, just been religiously checking my account thrice a day for many a day.

I was able to configure and the site has since seemed to freeze up. Was in the middle of updating drivers license and insurance info and cant seem to get it to re-load.

Reactions: galbrecht7
Congrats to all ^^

It might just be me, but it seems that increased production is starting to trickle into the delivery stage. I configured mid March and picked up on Friday (yah the 13th). It seems that the configure to delivery time is starting to compress somewhat, at least in California.

YES, all good things come to all fanboys who are patient. Since when does Tesla send out invites on Wednesdays? I'm hyperventilating! My heart is racing ludicrous mode.........where is my heart medicine?
m1230.gif

• email invitation to configure received on April 18 at 1:13 pm PDT
  • Southern California resident
  • reserved on-line on 3/31/16 pre-reveal
I'm going to defer for a while and see what happens. I really prefer the SR model and we'll see if there are any new announcements as a result of Elon's new ramp schedule. I also want to see what the specs are for the AWD - range and acceleration. Finally, I want to keep an eye on the tax credit phase-out, Sep 30 or Dec 31.

Wow! Life is good!

Congrats!

Same here with the wait. I'd prefer a LRAWD, so I might wait to see if anything materializes in June/July based upon recent news/events.

But that's great! Wait in line to...wait! :confused:

I was a Apr - Jun estimated delivery. Here is a screen shot of my invitation. Something very interesting on the invitation which has been a question in my mind. The $35K base model will be available initially without options - "the entry level Model 3 without upgrades" "late '18"

IF I decide to wait for the SR model, I WILL load it up with PUP, EAP, FSD, and other accoutrements as available. IF the SR model is available ONLY with no upgrades (I don't foresee that happening), I will immediately pull the trigger on the LR model.

invitation.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: SageBrush
7E41B52D-D000-4E2B-88BA-2BCD9721DD39.jpeg
I was finally able to catch my breath! Didn’t get an email, just went to update my account like I do ten times every time. Almost fainted when I didn’t see the typical “next steps” and instead saw “ready to design”. I reserved online immediately at 8:30 central time. Chicago area. Had a busy day at work 3/31 so couldn’t reserve in store unfortunately.

No email but I configured around 4pm EST today after reading someone else did on reddit. Online, few minutes before reveal east cast.

Site is down now, everyone and their sister is probably checking.

Glad it’s not just me having trouble with the site. Luckily I got my order in. Just trying to upload my docs and whatnot, site isn’t refreshing. Guess I can finish later when the madness dies down

Reactions: T34ME
I was a Apr - Jun estimated delivery. Here is a screen shot of my invitation. Something very interesting on the invitation which has been a question in my mind. The $35K base model will be available initially without options - "the entry level Model 3 without upgrades" "late '18"

IF I decide to wait for the SR model, I WILL load it up with PUP, EAP, FSD, and other accoutrements as available. IF the SR model is available ONLY with no upgrades (I don't foresee that happening), I will immediately pull the trigger on the LR model.

View attachment 295115

My take is they were addressing to people who want the base model only. Effectively, they're saying other options and the base model only will be available as production ramps up.

View attachment 295115

I doubt that would be the case as all the options just increase Tesla's profits (plus, it does say right below where you circled "Premium Upgrade optional.")