Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oh my. Oh. My. Gawwdddd!! Roadster yum - must have now!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it has a camper mode I’m selling my house.
Actually, thinking about it. If Tesla made an actual, real life camper I probably would sell my house. Off the grid living on account of the solar panels on the roof. Able to live anywhere in the world and move round at your own convenience. We’d have to downgrade to plastic crockery due to the 3 second 0-60 but still…

Elon, if you’re listening I want 1% :)

Reactions: JenniferQ
Commercially available 21700 batteries already hold 40% more capacity than the 18650 cells in our cars. Those packs can definitely get more kwh ... but yes I expect the 200 is extrapolating the cell's growth, as was achieved with 18650. Then again, Roadster doesn't need a frunk!

• Informative
Reactions: cartwright
Roadster 2 has 200 kWh battery, but 75 kWh is maximum to fit in Model 3?!

I've been saying this all along. The 21-70 anti-sell is just an anti-sell.

The 21-70 cell clearly can be packed more tightly and provide far superior performance compared to the old/current Model S/X cell.

We're just not allowed to see its full potential before Model S/X can transition into it. After all, there is the 130 kWh 21-70 rumor for Model S/X... doesn't sound too unplausible now, does it? Tesla just can't build these at volume yet, given the issues at Gigafactory... the tech, it is probably ready to roll otherwise...

Showing the potential in Roadster is safe, osborning-wise.

That said, it seems likely Roadster uses frunk and/or trunk space for the batteries as well. This was the speculation in the past already.