Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ohio Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Impossible to know, but I would guess that had multiple options open, and went with the ones that were approved first. Where are you getting Moon, PA from? Cranberry appears to be the location on the Elon trip map...do you know something different?

Today in what's becoming my weekly Macedonia update:

f6XhGHZ.jpg

7hCs4Kw.jpg

tfNKkUv.jpg

I went there about an hour later than I have in the past couple weeks and there was no one there. Not sure if they left because of the rain or if they're stopping for the holidays or something. My guess is another 2 weeks or so of work left... doesn't necessarily mean the next two weeks, though. :tongue:

I've also been checking council minutes in Toledo, Maumee, Perrysburg, and Holland; nothing new showing up yet.

Haha perfect...it is odd that you can drive from Moon to Mars in half an hour. I am sure Elon would rather have the SC near Mars, so Cranberry it is!

Still no applications or permits in Marshall Twp. Either they changed the site to Cranberry Twp, or things are delayed.

Interesting they are finally using a canopy structure to construct in the cold. I was a bit surprised not to see them use this in the MN or WI constructions as it would seem to make construction much easier vs. the cold and weather. It definitely appears they are starting to hit their stride with SC constructions. In and complete in roughly 20 working days or so is becoming the norm. I'm thinking their SC map for 2014 might be considerably more dense than it currently shows.

I'm thinking their SC map for 2014 might be considerably more dense than it currently shows.

At this pace, I believe Tesla will complete the 2015 map in 2014 or January 2015. The current construction pace began end of September/October and the winter slowed down several locations (namely Wisconsin).

- - - Updated - - -

I'm thinking their SC map for 2014 might be considerably more dense than it currently shows.

At this pace, I believe Tesla will complete the 2015 map in 2014 or January 2015. The current construction pace began end of September/October and the winter slowed down several locations (namely Wisconsin).

Interesting they are finally using a canopy structure to construct in the cold. I was a bit surprised not to see them use this in the MN or WI constructions as it would seem to make construction much easier vs. the cold and weather. It definitely appears they are starting to hit their stride with SC constructions. In and complete in roughly 20 working days or so is becoming the norm. I'm thinking their SC map for 2014 might be considerably more dense than it currently shows.

Exactly my observation: very interesting.
The heater inside the canopy (from previous photo group) allows the concrete to cure and makes an okay area to cut the wind and keep the snow off.
Looks like the contractor is showing a lot of initiative how to combat the winter cold elements and has added some marketing savvy with the big red Tesla banners.

One of things that a canopy might also aid him is pulling the cables.
Per a conversation I had with the contractor who built Corsicana: the cables were very difficult to pull in 80+degree weather conditions, and when it is freezing weather, the cables are probably even stiffer.
So the heated canopy might be the ticket to address those conditions (pre-heat/warm the cable bundles before they start pulling them).

And 772's comment is spot on, two weeks of work does not necessarily correspond to two weeks until completion.
Holidays, weather, supplies of equipment etc. can amend even the best of schedules.

As promised, here are a few update photos from the snowy Macedonia, OH Supercharger. There's a tent up over the charger portion of the site, but I was able to peak through a hole in the tent to get a photo.

View attachment 38201
Peak inside the tent. No charging equipment installed yet.

I went back and found the other pic I had seen, actually in another thread.
The stubbed up rebar with plastic orange caps are to secure Masonry type wall to the slab.
The canopy is probably best for the masons to lay the mortar and get the best results for their wall.
And the heater is sitting on the middle of the freshly poured slab--these were posted 12-15-13.
GREAT Scouting and pics jonjiv!

Last edited:
So I'm probably going to check in on Macedonia again today. While I'm out there, does anyone have any idea/clues where the other Northeast Ohio Supercharger might be? Tesla has 2 dots in northeast Ohio under the coming soon map (one we know is Macedonia). I can probably check a few other locations if anyone has suggestions.

Based on the dot location and the tendency to build near malls, I'm guessing Great Lakes in Mentor is one possibility

Stopped by Macedonia today on the way home... very minimal progress there that I can see. The canopy/tent has been taken down now, but there are still only 5/6 stalls with the outer shells in place, and cables have not been pulled yet from what I could tell by looking (though there was a lot of snow). Only took the one picture below.

I also stopped by the Great Lakes Mall in Mentor to see if there was any kind of work underway for Supercharger near I-90, but I didn't find anything. It was dark and there was lots of snow so I didn't look too long, though.

jq8F5Tw.jpg

Thanks for the update on Macedonia. I think Great Lakes mall is a good guess, but I also think it could be located at the new Cleveland service center they are hiring for. I'm not sure if an address has been posted yet but I couldn't find it after a few minutes of searching.