Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Genoa, OH - Blue Heron & Wyandot Service Plazas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just occurred to me that this won't really help too many people because nobody will know about it. It doesn't show up as a charger on Tesla's web site. PlugShare doesn't show them yet. The eastbound charger shows on ABRP, but not the westbound.

It’s going to be useful to me in about an hour and a half. Currently charging in Strongsville with all 8 in-use.

The chargers are currently live as available on tesla.com/findus

Happy Holidays/Merry Christmas!

link to charger:
This is incredible. Just drove through from NYC>Grand Rapids yesterday and they were not displayed.

The Tesla team did the impossible and got it open before Christmas!! A full 6 months ahead of schedule

Unfortunately, Tesla has decided to name these Genoa, OH (NB) and Genoa, OH (SB). Having the travel plaza in the name seems much more useful. Either way, it'd be nice if they named things consistently.

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 12.13.32 PM.png

Unfortunately, Tesla has decided to name these Genoa, OH (NB) and Genoa, OH (SB). Having the travel plaza in the name seems much more useful. Either way, it'd be nice if they named things consistently.

View attachment 747934
Tweet at @teslacharging. I agree it’s helpful (and consistent) to include the travel plaza name. But at the very least, fix the cardinal directions problem. 😂

I wonder if there's a way to request chargers at a particular spot? I'd love to have a V3 site at Portage (WB) or Brady's Leap (EB) on the same turnpike. That closes all gaps on my regular NYC to Chicago route although the ones in PA are all V2.

Hi Everyone, new MYLR owner here and planning first trip. Is it too early to make the DC to MI trip via PA and OH turnpike? It sounds like the rest stops are getting some sort of EV chargers, so we're ready to visit family over easter.
Not sure what you mean by too early. If you are asking if the route is viable, by all means yes. I used to drive from Indiana to NYC occasionally over OH and PA turnpike, but that was over five years ago. I had to get off the turnpike to charge, but that was not really a big deal. Now there are chargers in some of the rest stops. Stick your EZ-Pass to the roof glass, and get going!

Hi Everyone, new MYLR owner here and planning first trip. Is it too early to make the DC to MI trip via PA and OH turnpike? It sounds like the rest stops are getting some sort of EV chargers, so we're ready to visit family over easter.

The route from DC to Michigan via turnpike is totally viable - we've done it dozens of times. You'll need to exit the turnpikes occasionally to hit a Supercharger, but the diversions are typically very short.

Currently, the biggest stretch between turnpike Superchargers is Somerset, PA to Genoa, OH at 277 miles. That's a bit of a stretch for a 3 or a Y in all but ideal conditions, so a quick hop off the turnpike for a charge at the Sheetz in Strongsville, OH splits the gap quite nicely.

It's seriously no sweat at all, even in crap weather. Just set your destination in the navigation and let the car plot your course. Make adjustments if you need to - there are several alternate charging options along the way.

My recommended route would be Frederick, MD to North Huntingdon, PA Supercharger (immediately off the PA Turnpike, 176 miles); charge enough to reach Strongsville, OH (short diversion from the Ohio Turnpike, 150 miles); charge enough to reach Genoa, Ohio (Ohio Turnpike, 91 miles);t hen charge enough to arrive at your destination with a comfortable buffer, or enough to reach whatever Supercharger you need in Michigan.

Last edited: