Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OMG: digitaltim’s delivery story…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Laundry list of items addressed at the ~50k service (actual miles 52,616):

Annual Service (service plan) - filter, fob batteries, wiper blades, desiccant bag & hydraulic fluid
TPMS Warning Issues (warranty) - external tpms antenna installed
Spoiler (warranty) - replaced due to cracks in original - now I have the matte finish versus gloss
Chrome side marker replaced due to rust (warranty)
Replaced media control unit (touchscreen) due to poor Bluetooth reception (warranty)
Sunroof creak - after previous bulletins applied, roof started to creak, but it stopped with the warmer weather - nothing done (warranty)
Adjusted headlights (warranty) - was brighting too many oncoming cars
Replaced door handles (warranty) - original passenger side doors were getting flakey
Underbody shield installed (goodwill)
Right rear hub/bearing replaced (warranty) - second time - seems to be a Sig "perk"
Front rotors replaced w/ as-cast outer hats due to rust (warranty)
Front brakes replaced as well given wet braking issues (warranty)
Drive unit replaced due to noise (warranty)
Side motor mount replaced (warranty)
Charge port replaced (warranty) - was having intermittent supercharger issues

PS - Rockville, MD SC was great as always - car was valeted from my house leaving me with a P85 loaner. I returned the loaner myself in route to Charlottesville, VA for UVA's Reunion Weekend. Thanks to Erick, Jonathon & Nathan!!!

Last edited:
A number of the items were very cosmetic, but it is an early car as noted....and I am trying to be completely transparent with everyone on my experience.

I purchased the extended warranty so the car is covered to 100k miles given the uncertainty of repair cost.

I love my car more with each passing day...my wife can attest to it...

My 15yo's shot on the way to bwi this morning...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404661041.337013.jpg

At the rate you are driving it appears you will hit the 100k mark much sooner than the 8 year extended warranty coverage, plus the additional deductible. I believe the extended warranty was cheaper when you purchased it. Not so sure it's worth it at $4k+. Thoughts?

Russman, I believe the extended warranty is worth $20,000. Parts are replaced as units. No competing door handles, software designers, or HVAC parts. They could charge anything. Not that I expect them to overcharge but they have not quoted low prices for any services or parts.

Items addressed at ~70k service (72 month / 75k mile service w/ 70596 actual miles):

- wiper blades and fob batteries replaced
- four wheel alignment
- pollen filter (backordered)
- UMC replaced
- pano roof creak - replaced screws, washers and shimmed
- modified rear arch liners and inspected hoses
- replaced lug nuts, lubricated frunk latch
- applied Loctite on c-pillar brightwork on both sides due to creaking but I had reported it as a right rear wheel bearing issue that has been addressed twice before...still think there is a bearing issue
- courtesy detail because of some interior cleanliness issues following the ~50k service visit

The Rockville MD service center would not install my winter tires (Nokian Hakka R2s) so I had them done elsewhere; otherwise, service was phenomenal as always. Thanks Jonathan!!!

Range charge for me yields 253 miles (B battery that was installed at ~11k miles).

Last edited:
I have decided that my EV generates an ultra strong magnetic field when driving thus attracting all nails/screws within a 50 meter radius to the wheels - 4th flat in a little over two years - ugh!!!

How long does it typically take to get a replacement in your region?

Getting a flat while away from home has always been a major concern for me, since the majority of tire shops up here don't stock Tesla-compatible tires and it usually takes upwards of two weeks for them to bring one in!

How long does it typically take to get a replacement in your region?

Getting a flat while away from home has always been a major concern for me, since the majority of tire shops up here don't stock Tesla-compatible tires and it usually takes upwards of two weeks for them to bring one in!

I have been fortunate that all of my flats have been close to home and slow leaks - I went to the local NTB that knows me well and treats the car with kid gloves.

Outside of flats, I did crack one of my 21" rims. Tesla brought one from the Rockville, MD service center (to NTB) in less than two hours (45' of which was the drive). On this occasion, I called the service center versus roadside assistance.

Ugh...the dreaded loud clunk under acceleration @ ~83k miles. I am sitting roadside waiting for a tow to the service center.

The positive? The car was scheduled for semi-annual maintenance in a few weeks. I guess that will get done a little early.

First time stranded by my Tesla...

:-(