Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prepare for 6 months
Trevor of model3 owners club bought an X in Dec and got rebate in less than 2 months, hopefully ministry of finance will be able to handle the sharp spike about to hit them in June. Hopefully Conseratives won't "freeze expenditures till they've done overall review of Ontario's finances", and delay receiving rebates. Personally I plan to email forms as soon as I can sign and scan the bill of sale when I take delivery this coming Friday

Just filled out the application form as much as I could.

Just want to make sure and see if everyone is putting in the "Date of Vehicle Order" section... the date you configured you car?

Also.. for "Vehicle Trim"... is everyone putting in 'Long Range'?
I would put in whatever is listed on the Government site, which is "Long Range + RWD" -- just to make sure it "matches".
And I have pre-populated the date from my Order Agreement -- so it matches Tesla paperwork also (I believe is this matches my config date).

• Informative
Reactions: McFlurri
Just filled out the application form as much as I could.

Just want to make sure and see if everyone is putting in the "Date of Vehicle Order" section... the date you configured you car?

Also.. for "Vehicle Trim"... is everyone putting in 'Long Range'?

I'm using "confirmation date" for date of order and for "Vehicle Trim" copying the exact description on the Ontario web site for eligible vehicles Eligible Electric Vehicles
" Long Range + RWD"

• Informative
Reactions: McFlurri
Is RIN number your reservation number?
The RIN number is from your vehicle ownership document issued by the province. Typically you won't get it until you get the car.

Actually, it might also be your drivers license number -- I think mine matches...

Check any existing vehicles you have...

Yea, it's typically your drivers license number: https://www.ontario.ca/faq/what-registrant-identification-number-rin (But can also be another number in some situations, like no drivers license)

I'm using "confirmation date" for date of order and for "Vehicle Trim" copying the exact description on the Ontario web site for eligible vehicles Eligible Electric Vehicles
" Long Range + RWD"

I found my reservation date is on my Pro Forma invoice. They did not ask order agreement , so only dates except delivery dates is the reservation date with the document supposed attach to the application. I am confused right now.

I have received my VIN number two days ago. Sounds like I may have my car delivered next 2 weeks. No clue about charging equipment. I checked it out Tesla website but have no idea what to choose. Could anybody share what should be bought and where exactly? Also, I would appreciate if someone recommends an electrician in Mississauga/Oakville/Burlington area.

You can buy your charger directly from any Tesla dealer... closest for you would be Oakville. There are several “approved” electricians for Tesla charging installation listed on the Tesla website: Find an Electrician

Further details on home charging:
Home Charging Installation

Good luck, and congratulations!

They may be out of stock right now at the service centers.

I would put in whatever is listed on the Government site, which is "Long Range + RWD" -- just to make sure it "matches".
And I have pre-populated the date from my Order Agreement -- so it matches Tesla paperwork also (I believe is this matches my config date).
In this same line of questions, field B15, "Applicants Registrant Identification Number (RIN)"......

Is that the RIN as found on the "Permit - Vehicle Portion" or the RIN as found on the "Permit - Plate Portion"?

They are two different numbers.........

" Long Range + RWD"
In this day and age, Tesla should just e-populate an e-blank rebate form with all this nause already filled in....then everyone knows it's the correct info.......

Reactions: tombar
The RIN is your drivers license number
So to confirm, the 9 digit RIN that will be created for the actual car is NOT the number to use?

If I use my drivers license number, but there are two owners listed on the vehicle (my wife and me).........

Sounds like a point blank question that needs a black and white answer from Tesla.

The way my brain works, the RIN this rebate system is looking for is the RIN tied to the vehicle itself on the permit as that permit will list both owners names.......

So to confirm, the 9 digit RIN that will be created for the actual car is NOT the number to use?

If I use my drivers license number, but there are two owners listed on the vehicle (my wife and me).........

Sounds like a point blank question that needs a black and white answer from Tesla.

The way my brain works, the RIN this rebate system is looking for is the RIN tied to the vehicle itself on the permit as that permit will list both owners names.......
If in doubt, use the RIN listed on the vehicle ownership. It isn't always your license number.

It has nothing to with Tesla providing an answer, it's a government form.

Check the form guide as well, if might make it clear. Also, there is a page on the government site that tells you what the RIN is. (I linked to it in another post)

Mike, Just checked my current vehicle registration which is in my name only. My RIN on both the vehicle and plate portion is my exact drivers licence #.