Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I've read this whole thread, and am still totally unclear on the leasing sections of the application. Specifically:

Section B4 (lease duration)
Section C Leased Vehicles, lease length

Neither of these sections are applicable to me, so I left them both blank, but the pdf wouldn't let me print it out without answering them. Section B4 is easy enough to fudge, I just put zero. But C is a real issue, whatever I click would be totally wrong and would contradict the zero I entered for B4.

What did everyone do here??

Ok, I've read this whole thread, and am still totally unclear on the leasing sections of the application. Specifically:

Section B4 (lease duration)
Section C Leased Vehicles, lease length

Neither of these sections are applicable to me, so I left them both blank, but the pdf wouldn't let me print it out without answering them. Section B4 is easy enough to fudge, I just put zero. But C is a real issue, whatever I click would be totally wrong and would contradict the zero I entered for B4.

What did everyone do here??

Just put zero into B4. I am not sure but I know ppl are doing that way .

Just put zero into B4. I am not sure but I know ppl are doing that way .

Right, that's the easy part. What are people putting for C? Your options are "yes, I have a lease longer than 36 months", or "no I have a lease shorter than 36 months", which makes me ineligible for the rebate.

They won't let me print the form for signature without filling out these two stupid lease fields. A good part of me thinks they're conflating lease with finance.

Also note that the stick on plate holder is mounted already -
Don't use that print button built into their PDF, fill the forms out but use the file>>print options in the upper left corner of the (Windows 7) dialogue box frame that surrounds the blank PDF......

Yep same on a Mac - don't use the print button at the bottom of the PDF, use Print on the File menu.

Reactions: navguy12
It seems to be 285 million according to the Ontario Climate Change Action Plan.

Ontario to spend $7-billion on sweeping climate change plan
Read post 161 on this thread and/or check out this link https://www.ontario.ca/page/ministers-climate-change-action-plan-progress-report-2017#section-7 scroll down to EV rebate progam. There is a "total allotted amount" of $140M-$160M ($47M spent by end of 2017) , not endless amounts of money... Once it's spent, there is no more funding without the a budget approval to allot more funding. I don't believe the last budget had more funding for EV rebate program. Between EVs like LEAF, BOLT, model3s and hybrids like the Volt, this money will be used up sometime this year. Just M3 total reservations alone are estimated to be between 10K-25K in Ontario .. Even taking estimate of say 3,0000 deliveries in June X 14K = 42,000,000

Almost ready to send in my EHVIP application form. Only sticking point is the K3; a signature from a representative of the dealer. The form guide says that this signature is required for purchased vehicles and a signature from the leasing company warrant is required for leased vehicles.

Have you guys been collecting signatures at a Tesla Service Centre? Anybody send in the application WITHOUT this signature with success?

Almost ready to send in my EHVIP application form. Only sticking point is the K3; a signature from a representative of the dealer. The form guide says that this signature is required for purchased vehicles and a signature from the leasing company warrant is required for leased vehicles.

Have you guys been collecting signatures at a Tesla Service Centre? Anybody send in the application WITHOUT this signature with success?

FWIW, I'm planning to stop by Tesla tomorrow to get a signature. I don't want my application to sit for 10 months and then have someone reject it for a stupid reason - not worth the headache.

I'm planning to call MTO to confirm - i'll respond to this thread to let others know... i'll likely get to Tesla before I call the MTO.