Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ontario EV Rebates Cancelled July 11, 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They (Tesla) told me to use the date on the mvpa. Yes put 0 and rin will be on your ownership.

Similar questions
I also put 0 for lease duration (mine is cash as well) - what did you put for C and D? Leave them blank?
Every time I try to save or print it's telling me C and D is required to check one of the boxes, but they aren't applicable to me.

"Complete signed copy of the sales or lease agreement". Is that the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement Final Sheet" and the "Delivery Declaration and Due Bill"?

Similar questions
I also put 0 for lease duration (mine is cash as well) - what did you put for C and D? Leave them blank?
Every time I try to save or print it's telling me C and D is required to check one of the boxes, but they aren't applicable to me.

"Complete signed copy of the sales or lease agreement". Is that the "Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement Final Sheet" and the "Delivery Declaration and Due Bill"?
Use the save option from the file menu and then print. Sign and scan.

Funny thing about that. I recently took delivery of a Model X and in passing said to my Tesla DS it was a shame that the rebates were going away. He just laughed and said people buying Teslas don't care about that kind of thing anyway. I was somewhat shocked. Could it be true?

Most Model S/X owners do not care. They can afford the car regardless of rebate and would purchase the car regardless. Model 3 Premium LR owners care, but it is not do or die. Most of us appreciate the $14k as a discount towards having a long range battery and part of the premium package.

However, Model 3 future owners that are anticipating a standard range non premium car are very much dependant on the rebate, this is the make it or break it point for them purchasing a model 3. Many people are even considering taking a low interest loan for the $14k separate as they cant afford the car otherwise.

Reactions: jsmay311
I would think a bigger danger will be an auto Tariff coming in the future. The Trade war is on and I suspect things will heat up quick. The American people for the most part have identified Canada as a security and defense risk and essentially an enemy of the USA. If they put a 20 percent Tariff on Canadian cars heading south we will have no choice but to do the same on any car heading north. European cars or US brands built in Mexico will gain preference quickly. Even Nissan leaf sales will dry up until Leafs from the Japan factory can be imported again. Could be an interesting year. Personally we have already changed our shopping list to exclude as much as possible any product that comes from the US. Who would have thought an alliance that has lasted that long would end so quick.

Maybe slightly off-topic, but wondering if I can have my HPWC installed prior to receiving my car, and still be eligible for the rebate for the installation of the charger in Ontario? The form says that your rebate must be submitted within 3 months of installation/purchase of the charger, and that "You must own an eligible new or used electric vehicle that is registered, plated, insured, in the applicants name and on the Green Plates Eligible Vehicle list of eligible vehicles. The vehicle registration must be the same name as the EVCIP applicant in order to be eligible for an incentive." There isn't any timeline specified ie. you must own the car prior to the installation? or just own the car at the time you apply for the incentive? Anyone have any experience installing the charger prior to taking delivery of the car? Any issues with the rebate?

I would think a bigger danger will be an auto Tariff coming in the future. The Trade war is on and I suspect things will heat up quick. The American people for the most part have identified Canada as a security and defense risk and essentially an enemy of the USA. If they put a 20 percent Tariff on Canadian cars heading south we will have no choice but to do the same on any car heading north. European cars or US brands built in Mexico will gain preference quickly. Even Nissan leaf sales will dry up until Leafs from the Japan factory can be imported again. Could be an interesting year. Personally we have already changed our shopping list to exclude as much as possible any product that comes from the US. Who would have thought an alliance that has lasted that long would end so quick.

No. Not the American people. Just Trump and his clueless cabinet. He did receive a minority of votes. Please don’t lump us all in with him. :)

No. Not the American people. Just Trump and his clueless cabinet. He did receive a minority of votes. Please don’t lump us all in with him. :)

Yah I kinda get that, but the American government is representative of the people, unless you live in a totalitarian state. It may not be popular for some to hear but your president represents the American people and my guess is he will be your president for at least 6 more years. I don't watch a lot of American TV but rather follow the news in 4 languages as part of a polyglot program. I haven't noticed much in the way of demonstrations in Washington or anywhere in the US really. People seem pretty content with the president. Canada, the EU, Mexico, Columbia, Argentina, Japan and other allies need to look at building closer trade and defense relationships and distancing ourselves from what could be a dangerous former Ally with no moral compass. I doubt anybody in 1950 would have believed that the leader of the free world in 2018 would be the chancellor of Germany.

• Disagree
Reactions: mknox
Maybe slightly off-topic, but wondering if I can have my HPWC installed prior to receiving my car, and still be eligible for the rebate for the installation of the charger in Ontario? The form says that your rebate must be submitted within 3 months of installation/purchase of the charger, and that "You must own an eligible new or used electric vehicle that is registered, plated, insured, in the applicants name and on the Green Plates Eligible Vehicle list of eligible vehicles. The vehicle registration must be the same name as the EVCIP applicant in order to be eligible for an incentive." There isn't any timeline specified ie. you must own the car prior to the installation? or just own the car at the time you apply for the incentive? Anyone have any experience installing the charger prior to taking delivery of the car? Any issues with the rebate?
I installed my Tesla Charger in May (a month before I received delivery of the car). I did this to beat the rush of installations (with so many Model 3’s coming into Ontario).
I submitted the rebate for both the car and the charger, the day after I got the car (June 6)
I don’t anticipate any problems.

Cheers

I ordered, received and installed my wall connector the weeks that I gave Tesla the $3,200 down payment.

I knew I would be submitting the rebate form well within the 90 days of purchase of the wall connector.

In eight months, I'll let you know if there are any issues with the rebate ;)

• Funny
Reactions: 03DSG
You haven't seen the March for Science or the Women's March then. You haven't looked at our late-night hosts or people like Samantha Bee. You haven't been seeing the majority of our newspapers and news sites.

I was in one of the over 100 cities that did the March for Science last year, despite the rain.